DETROIT @ WASHINGTON 7:00pm

Moderators: Cowology, Snakebites, theBigLip, dVs33

Manocad
RealGM
And1: 10,561

Re: DETROIT @ WASHINGTON 7:00pm 

Post#321 » by Manocad » Sun Mar 1, 2015 6:12 am

Maker_84 wrote:
Moses ShamMoses wrote:Dre is 3-10 from the line tonight...if he could make free throws at a decent clip we probably win games like these..

the dude is the worst offensive player in the league.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Maker_84
Banned User
And1: 220

Post#322 » by Maker_84 » Sun Mar 1, 2015 7:25 am

Manocad wrote:
Maker_84 wrote:
Moses ShamMoses wrote:Dre is 3-10 from the line tonight...if he could make free throws at a decent clip we probably win games like these..

tell me how im wrong?? what post moves does he have? he can't shoot FTs and is still probably the worst in the league at it, he has no jump shot either. I wont hold my breath for your answer
mercury
Head Coach
And1: 679

Post#323 » by mercury » Sun Mar 1, 2015 8:25 am

This squad is close to being a good playoff team... 60% player turnover in less than a year... a new coach trying to get the pieces to work together... besides that what's lacking is defensive talent & team awareness.
Manocad
RealGM

Post#324 » by Manocad » Sun Mar 1, 2015 1:45 pm

Maker_84 wrote:
Manocad wrote:
Maker_84 wrote:

tell me how im wrong?? what post moves does he have? he can't shoot FTs and is still probably the worst in the league at it, he has no jump shot either.

He's averaging 13 PPG in 30 minutes on .509 shooting with 4.5 offensive rebounds per game this year. Regardless of how he gets his points, he still gets 13 PPG on a good FG shooting percentage as a third year developing player who would get snatched up by the league in a heartbeat if the Pistons made it known they wanted to move him.

I wont hold my breath for your answer

We know. Your hot air is well-known at this point.
Moses ShamMoses
Analyst
And1: 1,314

Post#325 » by Moses ShamMoses » Sun Mar 1, 2015 2:16 pm

If Reggie doesn't play a lot better than he has the last two games, we are in BIG TROUBLE.
Jeff Van Gundy on his brother's Pistons: 'He took over the Titanic and it's sinking even quicker'
ElectricMayhem
RealGM
And1: 11,163

Post#326 » by ElectricMayhem » Sun Mar 1, 2015 2:45 pm

Moses ShamMoses wrote:If Reggie doesn't play a lot better than he has the last two games, we are in BIG TROUBLE.

Not at all...We haven't hooked our wagon to this horse yet. If he continues to try to be Hero Ball Reggie, then we just cut him loose and see what we can do via the draft, free agency, or with what we've got in Jennings and Dinwiddie.

All is not lost.
At the end of the day, it's not about wins and losses. Teamwork, fair play, and good sportsmanship make champions of us all.

Go arbitrary assortment of athletes! Beat the other arbitrary assortment of athletes or my mood will suffer!
Lucidity
Banned User
And1: 470

Post#327 » by Lucidity » Sun Mar 1, 2015 3:49 pm

DetroitPistons wrote:
Lucidity wrote:DetroitPistons & Blkbrd are melting down.

Breathe guys.. lol

Yes, I've melted down lol. I just can't take this any more. The constant blunders, horrible luck, and inconsistent play. It's not worth it right now. I'm just going to focus on school in the meantime lol.

Its been 2 tough games that we should have won & didnt

Want sme perspective, think back earlier in the year when Josh Smith was our #1 option. lol
Lucidity
Banned User

Post#328 » by Lucidity » Sun Mar 1, 2015 3:50 pm

Moses ShamMoses wrote:If Reggie doesn't play a lot better than he has the last two games, we are in BIG TROUBLE.

Not so much, we got him for nothing.
Lucidity
Banned User

Post#329 » by Lucidity » Sun Mar 1, 2015 3:53 pm

Maker_84 wrote:

the dude is the worst offensive player in the league. Major liability out there at times and don't see it getting better because he strikes me as lazy

92 and 1's, remarkable
Maker_84
Banned User

Post#330 » by Maker_84 » Sun Mar 1, 2015 4:21 pm

Manocad wrote:
Maker_84 wrote:
Manocad wrote: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

tell me how im wrong?? what post moves does he have? he can't shoot FTs and is still probably the worst in the league at it, he has no jump shot either.

He's averaging 13 PPG in 30 minutes on .509 shooting with 4.5 offensive rebounds per game this year. Regardless of how he gets his points, he still gets 13 PPG on a good FG shooting percentage as a third year developing player who would get snatched up by the league in a heartbeat if the Pistons made it known they wanted to move him.

all his points come on lobs and from offensive rebounding. You can't throw him the ball inside and expect him to ever create a bucket for the team
hoophabit
Analyst
And1: 1,350

Post#331 » by hoophabit » Sun Mar 1, 2015 4:44 pm

Maker_84 wrote:
Manocad wrote:
Maker_84 wrote:

all his points come on lobs and from offensive rebounding. You can't throw him the ball inside and expect him to ever create a bucket for the team

There he is! I've come to kind of enjoy your schtick, although I might be close to the only one. I really do hope that it is affectation, as to truly be that pessimistic and negative is kind of sad. However, you really should watch the games, as some of your statements don't help your credibility. Drummond might be worst FT shooter in the league, but his hook shot is becoming fairly effective. Sometimes I wonder if he shouldn't shoot it from the FT line. :wink:
Manocad
RealGM

Post#332 » by Manocad » Sun Mar 1, 2015 4:57 pm

Maker_84 wrote:
Manocad wrote:
Maker_84 wrote:

So if he scored 13 PPG on 50% shooting of mid range jumpers and post moves he wouldn't be the worst offensive player in the league?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You're acting like he's the second coming of Ben Wallace or something. Points are points. No matter how you get 13 PPG, when you're shooting over 50% you're nowhere near the worst offensive player in the league. Kyle Singler shoots 43% from the field and 38% from three. Now that's a pretty good 3-pointer percentage. At 8.6 PPG is he therefore a better offensive player than Drummond because he has a defined offensive skill that isn't lobs and putbacks? NBA.com has Drummond as the 9th best starting center in the NBA. But what the hell do they know, right?

You may pick up the pieces of your shredded argument and go home now. K thx bye
Manocad
RealGM

Post#333 » by Manocad » Sun Mar 1, 2015 5:02 pm

Lucidity wrote:
Maker_84 wrote:

the dude is the worst offensive player in the league. Major liability out there at times and don't see it getting better because he strikes me as lazy

92 and 1's, remarkable

Most likely from going to other teams' boards after Pistons losses and posting "Great game by you guys tonight. The Pistons suck" and "Great game by you guys tonight. The Pistons suck and were lucky to come away with the win" after a Pistons win.
Maker_84
Banned User

Post#334 » by Maker_84 » Sun Mar 1, 2015 8:17 pm

Manocad wrote:
Maker_84 wrote:
Manocad wrote:He's averaging 13 PPG in 30 minutes on .509 shooting with 4.5 offensive rebounds per game this year. Regardless of how he gets his points, he still gets 13 PPG on a good FG shooting percentage as a third year developing player who would get snatched up by the league in a heartbeat if the Pistons made it known they wanted to move him.

So if he scored 13 PPG on 50% shooting of mid range jumpers and post moves he wouldn't be the worst offensive player in the league?

You're acting like he's the second coming of Ben Wallace or something. Points are points. No matter how you get 13 PPG, when you're shooting over 50% you're nowhere near the worst offensive player in the league. Kyle Singler shoots 43% from the field and 38% from three. Now that's a pretty good 3-pointer percentage. At 8.6 PPG is he therefore a better offensive player than Drummond because he has a defined offensive skill that isn't lobs and putbacks? NBA.com has Drummond as the 9th best starting center in the NBA. But what the hell do they know, right?

no he wouldn't be the worst offensive player in the league in that scenario because you could actually depend on him getting the team a bucket in crunch time or making clutch free throws. All of his success is predicated on other players setting him up or on offensive rebounds. Yes he's still easily a top 10 center because he's the best rebounder in the NBA and a very good shot blocker and makes it that much more frustrating that he has done nothing to get better offensively when he could be a TOP 5 PLAYER in this league he has that kind of potential but here we are in year 3 and he has not gotten any better
MotownMadness
RealGM
And1: 21,884

Post#335 » by MotownMadness » Sun Mar 1, 2015 8:23 pm

Maker_84 wrote:
Manocad wrote:
Maker_84 wrote:

no he wouldn't be the worst offensive player in the league in that scenario because you could actually depend on him getting the team a bucket in crunch time or making clutch free throws. All of his success is predicated on other players setting him up or on offensive rebounds. Yes he's still easily a top 10 center because he's the best rebounder in the NBA and a very good shot blocker and makes it that much more frustrating that he has done nothing to get better offensively when he could be a TOP 5 PLAYER in this league he has that kind of potential but here we are in year 3 and he has not gotten any better

He's still just 21 though and everyone knew how raw he was when we drafted him. He's starting to show some progression with that hook shot at least but yeah the whole FT thing is just a killer for him. Gotta think in a few years though the game will come to him a lot better especially defensively. Even guys like Whiteside who are putting up Drummond type of numbers but can actually defend really well are still 4 years older then him. He will get there eventually in time.
Manocad
RealGM

Post#336 » by Manocad » Sun Mar 1, 2015 9:45 pm

Maker_84 wrote:
Manocad wrote:
Maker_84 wrote:

here we are in year 3 and he has not gotten any better

Back away from the crack pipe
Lucidity
Banned User

Post#337 » by Lucidity » Sun Mar 1, 2015 9:52 pm

Manocad wrote:
Lucidity wrote:
Maker_84 wrote:

92 and 1's, remarkable

Most likely from going to other teams' boards after Pistons losses and posting "Great game by you guys tonight. The Pistons suck" and "Great game by you guys tonight. The Pistons suck and were lucky to come away with the win" after a Pistons win.

Luckily his mom only lets him use her phone in game threads when we are losing. If he was on here with this nonsense everyday it would be brutal.
Neptune
Starter
And1: 1,263

Post#338 » by Neptune » Mon Mar 2, 2015 12:19 am

Lucidity wrote:
Manocad wrote:
Lucidity wrote:92 and 1's, remarkable

Luckily his mom only lets him use her phone in game threads when we are losing. If he was on here with this nonsense everyday it would be brutal.

@Manocad, that's probably something you do man! Who thinks of something like that on a freaking sports forum anyway. :lol:

And someone tell my guy Lucidity to stop it! 8-)
Manocad
RealGM

Post#339 » by Manocad » Mon Mar 2, 2015 12:31 am

Neptune wrote:
Lucidity wrote:
Manocad wrote:Most likely from going to other teams' boards after Pistons losses and posting "Great game by you guys tonight. The Pistons suck" and "Great game by you guys tonight. The Pistons suck and were lucky to come away with the win" after a Pistons win.

@Manocad, that's probably something you do man!

Ironic coming from you, the other resident Pistons hating "fan." I don't frequent other team boards. Never have.
Lucidity
Banned User

Post#340 » by Lucidity » Mon Mar 2, 2015 12:44 am

Neptune wrote:And someone tell my guy Lucidity to stop it! 8-)

haha

Return to Detroit Pistons