Liqourish
RealGM
And1: 2,245

Re: Around the League 

Post#942 » by Liqourish » Mon Nov 16, 2015 5:48 am

hoophabit wrote:
El Chivo wrote:glad to see Moose putting up empty stats away from Detroit

Doesn't quite look that way now, huh? :lol:

Still does. Getting Monroe and MCW were moves just for the sake of making moves. I've watched all but 2 of Milwaukee's games and Monroe might be putting up pts and rebs but he's not impacting the games like his numbers would suggest and his defense is still atrocious.
hoophabit
Analyst
And1: 1,350

Post#943 » by hoophabit » Mon Nov 16, 2015 1:14 pm

Liqourish wrote:
hoophabit wrote:
El Chivo wrote:glad to see Moose putting up empty stats away from Detroit

Still does. Getting Monroe and MCW were moves just for the sake of making moves. I've watched all but 2 of Milwaukee's games and Monroe might be putting up pts and rebs but he's not impacting the games like his numbers would suggest and his defense is still atrocious.

This is just perpetuating a myth. I've been watching the Bucks games as well. He's not a great defensive center, but with the right supporting cast can be a pretty effective player. 18 pts 10 rebs and a block per game with a PER of 25 is not "empty" play. While the Pistons lose 4 in a row the Bucks have pulled into a tie with them, albeit at the bottom of the Central. I agree that GM couldn't stay here, and AD was the obvious choice between the two going forward. That said, this mantra that his production is an illusion makes no sense. The Bucks needed a center and they certainly could have done a lot worse.
Liqourish
RealGM
And1: 2,245

Post#944 » by Liqourish » Mon Nov 16, 2015 1:28 pm

hoophabit wrote:
Liqourish wrote:
hoophabit wrote:

This is just perpetuating a myth. I've been watching the Bucks games as well. He's not a great defensive center, but with the right supporting cast can be a pretty effective player. 18 pts 10 rebs and a block per game with a PER of 25 is not "empty" play. While the Pistons lose 4 in a row the Bucks have pulled into a tie with them, albeit at the bottom of the Central. I agree that GM couldn't stay here, and AD was the obvious choice between the two going forward. That said, this mantra that his production is an illusion makes no sense. The Bucks needed a center and they certainly could have done a lot worse.

Perpetuating a myth? :lol:
Blkbrd671
RealGM
And1: 4,819

Post#945 » by Blkbrd671 » Tue Nov 17, 2015 6:34 am

SPEARSY AND BONDOM are on the TT board trying to argue how EVERYONE knew DRE was going to be a allstar and NO ONE ever called him a bust, other than trolls..............................................................................facepalm
Blkbrd671
RealGM

Post#946 » by Blkbrd671 » Tue Nov 17, 2015 7:11 am

You guys have to go read this sh*. Now BJ ,KCP , Smith are all positive assets that SVG inherited when he took over the team!!!!! and Dre was a allstar
joedumars1
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,078

Post#947 » by joedumars1 » Tue Nov 17, 2015 7:41 am

Blkbrd671 wrote:You guys have to go read this sh*. Now BJ ,KCP , Smith are all positive assets that SVG inherited when he took over the team!!!!! and Dre was a allstar

I was looking, couldn't find it. I wanted a good laugh tho, bored too
pistontr
Analyst
And1: 275

Post#948 » by pistontr » Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:59 pm

Top-5 Defensive Efficiency:
1. Spurs: 94.9
2. Heat: 96.5
3. Celtics: 96.8
4. Warriors: 97.0
5. Bulls: 98.9

http://basketball.realgm.com/nba/team_stats/2016/Advanced_Stats/Team_Totals/Regular_Season/drtg/asc

how is celtics that good on defense?
Sorry for my poor english
Blkbrd671
RealGM

Post#949 » by Blkbrd671 » Tue Nov 17, 2015 11:58 pm

joedumars1 wrote:
Blkbrd671 wrote:You guys have to go read this sh*. Now BJ ,KCP , Smith are all positive assets that SVG inherited when he took over the team!!!!! and Dre was a allstar

I was looking, couldn't find it. I wanted a good laugh tho, bored too

A little piece of the action

If everyone wants to continue to act like Jrue Holiday wasn't a allstar at that point in time THAT NETTED 2 1ST ROUND PICKS, that Hinkie's first round pick isn't valuable ,that Brandon Jennings was a great pg, that kcp was a sure starter, that Josh smith contract wasn't worst in the league, that Greg monroe fit with Dre, and that Dre rid himself of all the poor stigma's. Go right on ahead, the film don't lie.

As i said earlier, i don't have a problem with Hinkie's plan, i have a problem with the length of time he plans on taking. He whiffed in his first draft w MCW , by evidence of him trading the pick. He whiffed in his 2nd draft because ignoring medical reports on Embiid, AND traded Elfred Payton who is by all means looks to be a franchise point. He keeps saying trust the process, what i am saying is, stop using "the process" as a excuse for his mistakes, yes Philly has a ton of assets, but Philly also could have had franchise players that they are looking for if the GM just made the right picks.

Fortunately for Sixers, Okafor fell to them and they were smart enough to pull the trigger(which is undervalued) and finally have that franchise piece. I don't trust hinkie to make the right pick if he's out of the top 5, i trust that if he makes the wrong pick he'll turn into assets, but at what point does his ability to make the right pick come into question. Per article, those questions are already being asked.
Snakebites
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 14,769

Post#950 » by Snakebites » Wed Nov 18, 2015 12:13 am

Blkbrd671 wrote:
If everyone wants to continue to act like Jrue Holiday wasn't a allstar at that point in time THAT NETTED 2 1ST ROUND PICKS, that Hinkie's first round pick isn't valuable ,that Brandon Jennings was a great pg, that kcp was a sure starter, that Josh smith contract wasn't worst in the league, that Greg monroe fit with Dre, and that Dre rid himself of all the poor stigma's. Go right on ahead, the film don't lie.

As i said earlier, i don't have a problem with Hinkie's plan, i have a problem with the length of time he plans on taking. He whiffed in his first draft w MCW , by evidence of him trading the pick. He whiffed in his 2nd draft because ignoring medical reports on Embiid, AND traded Elfred Payton who is by all means looks to be a franchise point. He keeps saying trust the process, what i am saying is, stop using "the process" as a excuse for his mistakes, yes Philly has a ton of assets, but Philly also could have had franchise players that they are looking for if the GM just made the right picks.

Fortunately for Sixers, Okafor fell to them and they were smart enough to pull the trigger(which is undervalued) and finally have that franchise piece. I don't trust hinkie to make the right pick if he's out of the top 5, i trust that if he makes the wrong pick he'll turn into assets, but at what point does his ability to make the right pick come into question. Per article, those questions are already being asked.

In fairness to Hinkie, he didn't "wiff" on the MCW pick. He was the rookie of the year, and while he certainly isn't a great player, it was a weak draft when Giannis was the only major player picked after him. But seeing as 4 teams right after the Sixers passed on him too, I think that's a reasonable thing.

To add to that, they traded him, a number 11 pick, for a Lakers pick that will clearly be HIGHER than 11. He saw a chance to get better value and he took it. I felt the same way some others did about that deal at the time, but now I don't.
Blkbrd671
RealGM

Post#951 » by Blkbrd671 » Wed Nov 18, 2015 12:47 am

Snakebites wrote:
Blkbrd671 wrote:

In fairness to Hinkie, he didn't "wiff" on the MCW pick. He was the rookie of the year, and while he certainly isn't a great player, it was a weak draft when Giannis was the only major player picked after him. But seeing as 4 teams right after the Sixers passed on him too, I think that's a reasonable thing.

To add to that, they traded him, a number 11 pick, for a Lakers pick that will clearly be HIGHER than 11. He saw a chance to get better value and he took it. I felt the same way some others did about that deal at the time, but now I don't.

The point was if Hinkie made the right picks, they'd have the players there looking for except he's not making the right picks, and his excuse is "trust the proces". I like that he's able to make up for the poor picks by getting more assets, my point is at what point do you trust him to make the right pick. Its not like the opportunities weren't there. It very well maybe a learning process for Hinkie. Fortunately he got this years pick right
Blkbrd671
RealGM

Post#952 » by Blkbrd671 » Wed Nov 18, 2015 2:00 am

Moderator took the thread on a tangent and because i responded, its my fault for derailing the thread. Butt buddies for life i guess
DBC10
General Manager
And1: 2,799

Post#953 » by DBC10 » Wed Nov 18, 2015 3:09 am

Dre is in some good company. Also Curry is already legendary, no player comes to mind when it comes to his offensive production. All those rainbow 3s.
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,599

Post#954 » by BadMofoPimp » Wed Nov 18, 2015 1:44 pm

Blkbrd671 wrote:Moderator took the thread on a tangent and because i responded, its my fault for derailing the thread. Butt buddies for life i guess

You do know at least half the time people get in trouble in here is because someone flags their post and complains to a Mod.

And, people who post on the GB are sensitive about any criticism to their teams, whine alot and flag lots of posts.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
Snakebites
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 14,769

Post#955 » by Snakebites » Wed Nov 18, 2015 2:28 pm

Blkbrd671 wrote:
Snakebites wrote:
Blkbrd671 wrote:

The point was if Hinkie made the right picks, they'd have the players there looking for except he's not making the right picks, and his excuse is "trust the proces". I like that he's able to make up for the poor picks by getting more assets, my point is at what point do you trust him to make the right pick. Its not like the opportunities weren't there. It very well maybe a learning process for Hinkie. Fortunately he got this years pick right

I don't really like what Philly is doing either.

I just contested the "he traded MCW therefor MCW was a bad pick" comment. He got value beyond what you'd expect for the typical 11th pick in the draft.
hoophabit
Analyst
And1: 1,350

Post#956 » by hoophabit » Wed Nov 18, 2015 3:03 pm

Human nature I guess. You have to smile at some of those folks who'll look at a past draft and observe how a team should have drafted another player. As if it was all so simple. Projecting how a prospect's game will translate to the NBA is one of the toughest things execs are asked to do. It's almost like trying to hit for good average in baseball.
DBC10
General Manager
And1: 2,799

Post#957 » by DBC10 » Wed Nov 18, 2015 5:25 pm

Porzingis will be a star. That guy has a chance to be the best overall player in the 2015 draft.

He's special.
El Chivo
Starter
And1: 969

Post#958 » by El Chivo » Wed Nov 18, 2015 6:24 pm

DBC10 wrote:Porzingis will be a star. That guy has a chance to be the best overall player in the 2015 draft.

He's special.

dunno if the best, but I'm quite sure he'll be top2 longterm.

I'd like to hear what the Knicks' fans who booed the pick think right now... idiots.
You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows.
Blkbrd671
RealGM

Post#959 » by Blkbrd671 » Wed Nov 18, 2015 10:52 pm

Snakebites wrote:
I don't really like what Philly is doing either.

I just contested the "he traded MCW therefor MCW was a bad pick" comment. He got value beyond what you'd expect for the typical 11th pick in the draft.

i get that, you would have to read it in the context to completey get what i was trying to say. but i agree
Blkbrd671
RealGM

Post#960 » by Blkbrd671 » Wed Nov 18, 2015 10:53 pm

DBC10 wrote:Porzingis will be a star. That guy has a chance to be the best overall player in the 2015 draft.

He's special.

most definitely a scorer. hows his defense?

Return to Detroit Pistons