Greg Monroe
42%

Total votes: 66

kurtis48239
General Manager
And1: 1,056

Re: Draymond Green or Greg Monroe? 

Post#81 » by kurtis48239 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 6:45 pm

Wonder how the team would look if you kept moose at center and sent dre off for a great deal.In all honesty I wonder that at times,having moose at center to go along with what we get this year and what we get from dre could really put us up there.Just something to think about.
DocRI
Starter
And1: 762

Post#82 » by DocRI » Mon Mar 23, 2015 6:45 pm

chaldoking wrote:Greg Monroe is extremely overrated by some people who post here..but alas everyone is free to say their opinion. Thats whats wrong with social meda. Even people who are wrong can freely say what they want like they right. Its like a frkn disease of the mind. Which is why i dont post. Some people keep repeating the same stuff even arguing greg is a good player. Thats cool, he puts up numbers. How about sheeds numbers? Rasheed wallace averaged less numbers then greg 12/7 and was the far superior player. Theres more to BASKETBALL then some guy who only, i repeat, he only scores back to the basket and thats it, with very very very little defense. And very little players complement off him.

but pistons will be better w/o greg here and by next year those people defending greg will be pretty silent

^ Congratulations! Contrary to your goal, you did not make an argument against social media ... you made one against the FIRST FREAKIN' AMENDMENT. Fortunately for you, the First Amendment assures that (borrowing your words), "Even people who are wrong can freely say what they want like they right." So it's cool, you're all good; just realize that "disease of the mind" you were complaining about comes directly from our Bill of Rights.
sc8581
Assistant Coach
And1: 766

Post#83 » by sc8581 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 8:36 pm

princeofpalace wrote:Middleton doesn't play PF, come on guys actually try and watch some basketball before commenting. KM is a natural SF, who primarily plays SG/SF for the Bucks.

The two sites I use most say otherwise but regardless he can play SF pretty damn well and this guy's acting as though he's only having success at SG.

Those sites btw are basketball-reference and 82games
MotownMadness
RealGM
And1: 21,885

Post#84 » by MotownMadness » Mon Mar 23, 2015 9:08 pm

kurtis48239 wrote:Wonder how the team would look if you kept moose at center and sent dre off for a great deal.In all honesty I wonder that at times,having moose at center to go along with what we get this year and what we get from dre could really put us up there.Just something to think about.

No, Drummond is still very raw put his ceiling is still pretty high along with his floor at this point. You can't just settle with Monroe when Drummond already impacts the game more at just 21. Monroe is good but he is a unathletic Center who plays under the rim. He's pretty much or close to his peak. And that's just not going to get it done with this athletic huge wingspan breed of bigs. Imagine Monroe in the playoffs playing against these brutes in intense games and crunch time. These guys would just shut that under the rim crap down very quickly.

Again he's good but he's far from a max franchise type of Center when you already have one of the best in the paint players in the league who doesn't even need the ball in his hands to just dominate. Drummond has that type of potential to deal with these bigs but he still lacks seasoning and more experience.
Lucidity
Banned User
And1: 470

Post#85 » by Lucidity » Tue Mar 24, 2015 3:00 am

sc8581 wrote:
vic wrote:LOL at Monroe hinders the Pistons. Was anyone around after Josh Smith left when Monroe and Drummond were FINALLY surrounded by 3 shooters and dominated the league offensively and defensively?

Munroe has been the best player on a team held back by stupid coaching and stupid teambuilding. If he leaves for a team that will build around him he'll do much better. If he stays the Pistons will be much better.

I'd rather get Reggie in the gym working on his 3 point shot all summer than let Monroe go just to say we'll accept and accommodate another bricklayer pg.

It's unfortunate so many of you latch on to stats and media bs to get your understanding of the game.

What exactly did he say (aside from some overreactions) that was false?

Meanwhile you want to sign a 6'7 SF to play PF, & max Kris Middleton.
Lucidity
Banned User

Post#86 » by Lucidity » Tue Mar 24, 2015 3:04 am

princeofpalace wrote:Middleton doesn't play PF, come on guys actually try and watch some basketball before commenting. KM is a natural SF, who primarily plays SG/SF for the Bucks.

The level of buffoonery iin this thread has reached an all time high level.

Like a "when we signed Josh to play SF it was going to go great" level.

Draymond Green could play 167% of his mins at PF this year for the Warriors who have the 2 most deadly 3 pt shooters in NBA history in their back court & it wouldnt matter, the kid is 6'7 & not a PF. Forget that he shoots 34% outside of 5 feet.
Lucidity
Banned User

Post#87 » by Lucidity » Tue Mar 24, 2015 3:10 am

sc8581 wrote:
Drummond
Green
Middleton
Kcp
Jackson

So 4 guys who cant shoot & Kris Middleton. That team may have worse spacing than that sh#t storm that was your boy Josh's Pistons.

Please find your mind.
mattao313
General Manager
And1: 4,409

Post#88 » by mattao313 » Tue Mar 24, 2015 3:26 am

Lucidity wrote:

The level of buffoonery iin this thread has reached an all time high level.

Like a "when we signed Josh to play SF it was going to go great" level.

Draymond Green could play 167% of his mins at PF this year for the Warriors who have the 2 most deadly 3 pt shooters in NBA history in their back court & it wouldnt matter, the kid is 6'7 & not a PF. Forget that he shoots 34% outside of 5 feet.

I don't think the Draymond supporters argument is over his offense its what he does on defense. It doesn't really matter what his height is he is just a good defensive player. With your argument Ben Wallace is not a center.
Championships
chaldoking
Banned User
And1: 18

Post#89 » by chaldoking » Tue Mar 24, 2015 5:53 pm

DocRI wrote:
chaldoking wrote:Greg Monroe is extremely overrated by some people who post here..but alas everyone is free to say their opinion. Thats whats wrong with social meda. Even people who are wrong can freely say what they want like they right. Its like a frkn disease of the mind. Which is why i dont post. Some people keep repeating the same stuff even arguing greg is a good player. Thats cool, he puts up numbers. How about sheeds numbers? Rasheed wallace averaged less numbers then greg 12/7 and was the far superior player. Theres more to BASKETBALL then some guy who only, i repeat, he only scores back to the basket and thats it, with very very very little defense. And very little players complement off him.

but pistons will be better w/o greg here and by next year those people defending greg will be pretty silent

^ Congratulations! Contrary to your goal, you did not make an argument against social media ... you made one against the FIRST FREAKIN' AMENDMENT. Fortunately for you, the First Amendment assures that (borrowing your words), "Even people who are wrong can freely say what they want like they right." So it's cool, you're all good; just realize that "disease of the mind" you were complaining about comes directly from our Bill of Rights.

You missed my argument. 1) not against freedom of speech - so dont put words in my mouth 2) what you missed so ill reiterate for you again. Social media is expansive, which is an issue bc.. 3) heres my beef so pay attention, you can have idiotic people garble there opinions like its fact and it can spread like wild fire.

Example) vaccinations cause autism. This lie spread enormously through social media. This caused a lot of damage and im steal dealing with this b/s on a daily basis. Im a pharmacist.

People, mostly, dont pick up books and read. They rely on their "source" from biased, bloggers. This is the future of our world. A huge problem.

So, yes freedom of speech can be very detrimental now bc anyone can state lies as facts and its easy to be brainwashed with a click of the button.
sc8581
Assistant Coach

Post#90 » by sc8581 » Tue Mar 24, 2015 5:59 pm

Lucidity wrote:
sc8581 wrote:
vic wrote:LOL at Monroe hinders the Pistons. Was anyone around after Josh Smith left when Monroe and Drummond were FINALLY surrounded by 3 shooters and dominated the league offensively and defensively?

Munroe has been the best player on a team held back by stupid coaching and stupid teambuilding. If he leaves for a team that will build around him he'll do much better. If he stays the Pistons will be much better.

I'd rather get Reggie in the gym working on his 3 point shot all summer than let Monroe go just to say we'll accept and accommodate another bricklayer pg.

It's unfortunate so many of you latch on to stats and media bs to get your understanding of the game.

He thinks Monroe was and is our best player simply going by stats, points and rebounds probably.
DocRI
Starter
And1: 762

Post#91 » by DocRI » Tue Mar 24, 2015 7:15 pm

chaldoking wrote:
DocRI wrote:

You missed my argument. 1) not against freedom of speech - so dont put words in my mouth 2) what you missed so ill reiterate for you again. Social media is expansive, which is an issue bc.. 3) heres my beef so pay attention, you can have idiotic people garble there opinions like its fact and it can spread like wild fire.

Example) vaccinations cause autism. This lie spread enormously through social media. This caused a lot of damage and im steal dealing with this b/s on a daily basis. Im a pharmacist.

People, mostly, dont pick up books and read. They rely on their "source" from biased, bloggers. This is the future of our world. A huge problem.

So, yes freedom of speech can be very detrimental now bc anyone can state lies as facts and its easy to be brainwashed with a click of the button.

I know this is absurdly off-topic, so I'll make my response brief so that we can all resume regular basketball-related posting —

For the record, I COMPLETELY agree with you about the dangerous ability of social media, and all media in general, to spread lies as facts. Your example of the vaccination B.S. is a perfect one that obviously hits close to home for you.

But I'm sorry, but yes, your argument was against freedom of speech. I'm both a writer and a publisher in my day job, so the freedom of expression within the First Amendment is absolute and sacrosanct to me. The only way to stop "idiotic people garbling their opinions like fact and spreading like wildfire" is to censor the idiots, and I simply can't abide any form of censorship. Yes, social media and new technology makes it easier for any nut-case to spout off, just like newspapers provided a better platform than shouting from a soapbox, radio provided a better platform than newspapers, television provided a better platform than radio, etc. People have always been able to state lies as facts; the freedom of speech has always been dangerous and scary, but the thought a society without our First Amendment rights is far, far more so.

Bringing this back on topic, this thread is about comparing two PFs anyhow. There ARE NO FACTS in this thread, just OPINIONS. And in your original post, that's what you argued against (" ... but alas everyone is free to say their opinion. Thats whats wrong with social media."). Sorry, but everyone is free to say their opinion wherever, whenever, and however they want, be that in print, on TV, on a blog, via social media, or even shouting from a atop a soapbox. For you, that seemed to be a problem; for me, it's what I cherish most about being an American citizen. If you believe in the freedom of speech, you simply have to take the bad with the good.
vic
Veteran
And1: 1,044

Post#92 » by vic » Tue Mar 24, 2015 9:05 pm

sc8581 wrote:
Lucidity wrote:
sc8581 wrote:

He thinks Monroe was and is our best player simply going by stats, points and rebounds probably.

Monroe has been the most consistent producer as far as offense for the longest time.

Drummond of course is the best player overall.

Middleton made no noise playing SF for 3 years. J Kidd puts him at SG now he has plus shooting and a size advantage, and quickness to be one of the top rated SGs while playing SG according to all the people associated with his team. Fit and matchups is everything in a team sport.
Plugging Middleton in at SF when hes been overperforming at SG is moving backwards... Not quite like plugging in Josh Smith as a starting SF and wasting 2 years of a franchise, but a similar waste of strategy.
You need 2-way wings, 2-way shooting bigs, and you can't allow low iq players on the court. Assist/turnover ratio is crucial. Shooting point guards are icing on the cake IF they are plus defenders.
Weaver & Casey, govern yourselves accordingly!
sc8581
Assistant Coach

Post#93 » by sc8581 » Tue Mar 24, 2015 9:59 pm

vic wrote:
sc8581 wrote:
Lucidity wrote:

Monroe has been the most consistent producer as far as offense for the longest time.

Drummond of course is the best player overall.

Middleton made no noise playing SF for 3 years. J Kidd puts him at SG now he has plus shooting and a size advantage, and quickness to be one of the top rated SGs while playing SG according to all the people associated with his team. Fit and matchups is everything in a team sport.
Plugging Middleton in at SF when hes been overperforming at SG is moving backwards... Not quite like plugging in Josh Smith as a starting SF and wasting 2 years of a franchise, but a similar waste of strategy.

He played just fine at SF on both ends, you're basing this off of some feel-good bs stories.

You said Monroe is our best player and now he's not, which is it? Oh, he's our most consistent offensive producer, maybe that's because he hinders others like I said before.
MrBigShot
RealGM
And1: 17,079

Post#94 » by MrBigShot » Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:29 pm

Monroe post all star break: 19/11/2 on 51% shooting. I just don't get it. Good raw numbers on bad efficiency is a red flag. Good raw numbers on good efficiency while stalling the offense is a red flag (Dantley and Melo come to mind). Monroe is neither of those...his TS% is above league average on the year, and he scores in the flow of the offense off of post ups, drop offs, transition and offensive boards. You know what you're going to get from him.

The concerns about his help defense and lack of shooting ability are legit, but he gets too much flack overall. When we were healthy and at our best this season, Jennings/Monroe/Drummond were the main reason we were successful. I like Draymond Green a lot, but you can bet that if we had him there would be tons of hate aimed towards his lack of ability to create his own offense and shoot as well.

Considering the way the cap will rise, I think all 3 of Middleton/Green/Moose are max worthy and would love for any of them to be here next season.
"They say you miss 100% of the shots you take" - Mike James
sc8581
Assistant Coach

Post#95 » by sc8581 » Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:33 pm

MrBigShot wrote:Monroe post all star break: 19/11/2 on 51% shooting. I just don't get it. Good raw numbers on bad efficiency is a red flag. Good raw numbers on good efficiency while stalling the offense is a red flag (Dantley and Melo come to mind). Monroe is neither of those...his TS% is above league average on the year, and he scores in the flow of the offense off of post ups, drop offs, transition and offensive boards. You know what you're going to get from him.

The concerns about his help defense and lack of shooting ability are legit, but he gets too much flack overall. When we were healthy and at our best this season, Jennings/Monroe/Drummond were the main reason we were successful. I like Draymond Green a lot, but you can bet that if we had him there would be tons of hate aimed towards his lack of ability to create his own offense and shoot as well.

Considering the way the cap will rise, I think all 3 of Middleton/Green/Moose are max worthy and would love for any of them to be here next season.

They're all worth the max in the right situation.

Nobody thought Kcp could create his own shot a week ago but he seems to be doing it now.
mercury
Head Coach
And1: 679

Post#96 » by mercury » Wed Mar 25, 2015 12:32 am

G.M. is worth a larger contract to a team in need of a quality Center... this is why any talks about Monroe vs anyone is moot.... he's gone.
Lucidity
Banned User

Post#97 » by Lucidity » Wed Mar 25, 2015 12:39 am

sc8581 wrote:
Lucidity wrote:
sc8581 wrote:

Assumptions based on nothing are always fun.

Monroe has been our best offensive player for a while going by stats, game film or just overall common sense.
Lucidity
Banned User

Post#98 » by Lucidity » Wed Mar 25, 2015 12:41 am

Im done debating this nonsense, it has reached a delusional level.

Most of us are literally arguing that a 17 & 11 24 year old big man doesnt suck lol

Hilarious
sc8581
Assistant Coach

Post#99 » by sc8581 » Wed Mar 25, 2015 12:51 am

Lucidity wrote:
sc8581 wrote:
Lucidity wrote:

Assumptions based on nothing are always fun.

Monroe has been our best offensive player for a while going by stats, game film or just overall common sense.

The only real argument is that he's not a good fit
vic
Veteran
And1: 1,044

Post#100 » by vic » Wed Mar 25, 2015 10:53 am

The fit was great when Josh Smith left.
Then unfortunately Jennings went down. Reggie Jackson ruined the fit for Monroe but SVG was willing to try it because Monroe is unrestricted. Oh well, it's just basketball.
You need 2-way wings, 2-way shooting bigs, and you can't allow low iq players on the court. Assist/turnover ratio is crucial. Shooting point guards are icing on the cake IF they are plus defenders.
Weaver & Casey, govern yourselves accordingly!

Return to Detroit Pistons