OT: MCW shooting 7.7% from 3pt since trade

Moderators: Cowology, Snakebites, theBigLip, dVs33

DBC10
General Manager
And1: 2,799

Re: Re: 

Post#21 » by DBC10 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 4:53 pm

Blkbrd671 wrote:
Pharaoh wrote:Does it matter that he can hit a J if he rarely shoots a J?

Jason Kidd played how many seasons before people stopped calling him Ason?

Rondo played how many seasons before his J was respectable?

MCW is unlikely to reach the level of those guys but if he's ever gonna develop working with Kidd is the place to be.

Give him time

as i've stated, i think he can improve, as he's young, but it starts with his jumper. Jason kidd and Rondo are very 2 unique players, while MCW has that potential, comparing him to either is a stretch, and idk if they were ever this bad. Rondo i don't think has a respectable jumper yet.

Also in reference to where kCP is at now and MCW, i am much happier with KCP. i believe Milwakee is on a 6 game losing streak!?

Rondo may have had it pre injury for a few seasons, but nowhere near that now. He's shooting worse from the FT line then his overall FG%. He's having a Josh Smith like efficiency.

I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO glad we didn't trade for him and all those Celtics fans overrating him.
Blkbrd671
RealGM
And1: 4,819

Re: Re: 

Post#22 » by Blkbrd671 » Tue Mar 24, 2015 12:36 am

DBC10 wrote:
Rondo may have had it pre injury for a few seasons, but nowhere near that now. He's shooting worse from the FT line then his overall FG%. He's having a Josh Smith like efficiency.

I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO glad we didn't trade for him and all those Celtics fans overrating him.

I am too, but for arguments sake

i believe its was like day 2 of SVG's tenure ship when rumors started flying. Though never confirmed there had to be at least a little validity in the rumor. Rondo actually isn't that bad of a set shooter, its evertime else he has to shoot. I think in SVG's offense, with the floor spread and Dre on the floor, Rondo would be scary dangerous. He seems to know where the open man always is, and can get to the basket. I do think he's overrated, but in SVG i trust
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,526

Re: OT: MCW shooting 7.7% from 3pt since trade 

Post#23 » by 76ciology » Tue Mar 24, 2015 3:07 am

He's just not good.

Every sixers players have improved their shooting, from d-leaguers like Jakarr Sampson, undrafted guys like T-Rob, 2nd rounders like Jerami Grant and top rookies like Nerlens. MCW had all the opportunities to excel, but he didn't. I think he just doesn't have that touch from the perimeter.

The best way to utilize MCW is let him take very limited shot attempts. Then just let him focus on facilitating, defense and the intangibles.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
Blkbrd671
RealGM

Post#24 » by Blkbrd671 » Tue Mar 24, 2015 3:53 am

76ciology wrote:He's just not good.

Every sixers players have improved their shooting, from d-leaguers like Jakarr Sampson, undrafted guys like T-Rob, 2nd rounders like Jerami Grant and top rookies like Nerlens. MCW had all the opportunities to excel, but he didn't. I think he just doesn't have that touch from the perimeter.

The best way to utilize MCW is let him take very limited shot attempts. Then just let him focus on facilitating, defense and the intangibles.

did you just call him josh smith!?
76ciology
RealGM

Post#25 » by 76ciology » Tue Mar 24, 2015 5:43 am

Blkbrd671 wrote:

I think PG carries a lot of responsibility. A PG should be consistent and efficient. He should be a player his teammates wants to play with. And if your PG is constantly missing shots and turning the ball over, the whole team's morale would just be down.

FWIW, Josh Smith during his peak with the Hawks he was atleast doing a great job on the defensive end that his teammates might be able to cut him some slack.

The similarities with both is that both guys think they are shooters, but the truth is they both are brick layers.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
Blkbrd671
RealGM

Post#26 » by Blkbrd671 » Tue Mar 24, 2015 6:11 am

76ciology wrote:
Spoiler:
Blkbrd671 wrote:

I think PG carries a lot of responsibility. A PG should be consistent and efficient. He should be a player his teammates wants to play with. And if your PG is constantly missing shots and turning the ball over, the whole team's morale would just be down.

FWIW, Josh Smith during his peak with the Hawks he was atleast doing a great job on the defensive end that his teammates might be able to cut him some slack.

The similarities with both is that both guys think they are shooters, but the truth is they both are brick layers.

believe you me bud, MCW and Josh smith have a ton of similarities. Smith's declining athleticism is forcing him to rely on his skill set, and its not that vast. at least MCW has time to improve. The fact that it doesn't look like his shot has been adjusted at all is concerning. would indicate that they don't see a problem. hopefully this is a wake up call
76ciology
RealGM

Post#27 » by 76ciology » Tue Mar 24, 2015 3:16 pm

Blkbrd671 wrote:
76ciology wrote:
Spoiler:
Blkbrd671 wrote:

believe you me bud, MCW and Josh smith have a ton of similarities. Smith's declining athleticism is forcing him to rely on his skill set, and its not that vast. at least MCW has time to improve. The fact that it doesn't look like his shot has been adjusted at all is concerning. would indicate that they don't see a problem. hopefully this is a wake up call

I don't know why. But some players needs to realize their limitations and find ways to reinvent their games in order to be more efficient. If josh smith would just focus on being a finisher around the rim and being a lock down defender with good steals/blocks numbers, I'd think he'd be a good player.
joedumars1
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,078

Post#28 » by joedumars1 » Tue Mar 24, 2015 3:45 pm

Not trying to stick up for Josh, I hate him, but he is shooting .336 from three with Houston, that's good for him. I hear he has made his last 9/14 3's too (crazy I know)

He for sure needs to be playing with a guy like Harden (not many of them) to make him better
Blkbrd671
RealGM

Post#29 » by Blkbrd671 » Wed Mar 25, 2015 12:07 am

76ciology wrote:I don't know why. But some players needs to realize their limitations and find ways to reinvent their games in order to be more efficient. If josh smith would just focus on being a finisher around the rim and being a lock down defender with good steals/blocks numbers, I'd think he'd be a good player.

Josh smith is josh smith. He's not capable of reinventing his game. Right now he's playing really well in Houston simply because when he doesn't play well, they CAN pull him, and so smith is forced to stay more focused and play hard. If your team has the ability to limit his minutes and can afford to and not lose games as a result. then Smith is in the ideal spot
Blkbrd671
RealGM

Post#30 » by Blkbrd671 » Fri Mar 27, 2015 10:13 am

MCW didn't even rank in the top 30 pg's in the league. WOW.
rmfc
Assistant Coach
And1: 936

Post#31 » by rmfc » Fri Mar 27, 2015 1:01 pm

Blkbrd671 wrote:MCW didn't even rank in the top 30 pg's in the league. WOW.

So glad that we didn't draft him. Without that fast paced, crazy offense in Philly, MCW looks even worse (Which is very tough to do, BTW).
Pharaoh
RealGM
And1: 4,565

Re: Re: OT: MCW shooting 7.7% from 3pt since trade 

Post#32 » by Pharaoh » Fri Mar 27, 2015 1:56 pm

ComboGuardCity wrote:
Pharaoh wrote:Over reaction to my comparison

Some things never change

Well your comparison was an overreaction. If you gave a comparison to a player in a similar tier as MCW, then it would be a valid comparison.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums

Show me where I made a comparison between MCW & Kidd & Rondo as players ?

I was comparing the criticism of their jump shots....

And my first post in this thread is hardly an over reaction, though your opinion is noted...which is generally why I read and don't post in the first place
Blkbrd671
RealGM

Post#33 » by Blkbrd671 » Thu Apr 2, 2015 2:58 am

Prior to the Carter-Williams' Feb. 25 debut, Milwaukee had a .554 winning percentage and sat tied for 12th in net efficiency rating (plus-2.4 points per 100 possessions). Since the reigning Rookie of the Year took over, the Bucks have gone 5-13 and posted the fifth-worst net rating (minus-4.6).Milwaukee doesn't have the floor-spacers to support the non-shooting MCW. The team has only cracked triple digits in six of his 17 games (two of which went into overtime). With Giannis Antetokounmpo having already abandoned his perimeter shot (7-of-40 from deep), the Bucks have struggled to integrate Carter-Williams (a career .395/.253/.699 shooter) into the offense.

Shooting flaws can be corrected over time, as Bucks head coach Jason Kidd knows firsthand. But not all shooting woes disappear.
"As Rajon Rondo and Ricky Rubio have demonstrated over recent years, there's...no guarantee that a poor jump-shooter does ever develop along the Kidd trajectory," wrote Bryan Toporek of BBall Breakdown and Bleacher Report. "And if he doesn't become a somewhat legitimate threat behind the three-point line, MCW is liable to crush the Bucks' offensive spacing."

The Bucks bought themselves some time to figure this out. But their otherwise bright future will be clouded in uncertainty as long as Carter-Williams' shooting problems persist.

Return to Detroit Pistons