ImageImageImage

GENTLEMEN. Let's talk Off-Season

Moderators: Cowology, Snakebites, theBigLip, dVs33

bkseven
Sixth Man
And1: 235

Re: GENTLEMEN. Let's talk Off-Season 

Post#161 » by bkseven » Thu May 21, 2015 7:23 am

These are some of the dumbest ideas ever. Holy ****..
bkseven
Sixth Man
And1: 235

Post#162 » by bkseven » Thu May 21, 2015 7:31 am

Some of you guys are throwing money out there for some unproven probably/possibly not even all star caliber players. Really? Do you guy like setting the team back every three years (Ben Gordon, Charlie V, Josh Smith). Overpay people to play out of position (Rip Hamilton, Ben Gordon).

Secondly, signing old nearly washed up players is nothing to be proud of unless you already got great starters.

Seriously. We are trying to max Kris Middleton to play sf when he clearly more suitable for sg. Really maxing an average guy like Tristan Thompson? Gordon Hayward and Chandler Parson already got overpaid and what are their teams stuck with? Overpaid players not even producing at an all star level.
joedumars1
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,078

Post#163 » by joedumars1 » Thu May 21, 2015 7:38 am

bkseven wrote:Some of you guys are throwing money out there for some unproven probably/possibly not even all star caliber players. Really? Do you guy like setting the team back every three years (Ben Gordon, Charlie V, Josh Smith). Overpay people to play out of position (Rip Hamilton, Ben Gordon).

Secondly, signing old nearly washed up players is nothing to be proud of unless you already got great starters.

Seriously. We are trying to max Kris Middleton to play sf when he clearly more suitable for sg. Really maxing an average guy like Tristan Thompson? Gordon Hayward and Chandler Parson already got overpaid and what are their teams stuck with? Overpaid players not even producing at an all star level.

Middleton can play SF(wary on the $ he will probably get tho), we can pay older guys for 1-2 years as stop gap player(instead of overpaying younger players), as long as it isn't a bunch of $. I agree with everything else you said tho
Blkbrd671
RealGM
And1: 4,819

Post#164 » by Blkbrd671 » Thu May 21, 2015 8:53 am

Entourage27 wrote:Draft Winslow at 8
let Monroe walk
Resign Jackson at 14 mill/ 5 years
Sign Bargs at 7 mil
Sign PJIII
Pick up Butlers option
Sign Al Jeff

Jackson/Jennings/Dinwiddie
KCP/Meeks
Winslow/Butler
Bargs/Tolliver/PJIII
Drummond/Al Jefferson

And we still have #38 to complete roster,

Fixed, i'd also look at trading Jennings+2nd round pick for Jordan Hill
sc8581
Assistant Coach
And1: 766

Post#165 » by sc8581 » Thu May 21, 2015 8:57 am

bkseven wrote:Some of you guys are throwing money out there for some unproven probably/possibly not even all star caliber players. Really? Do you guy like setting the team back every three years (Ben Gordon, Charlie V, Josh Smith). Overpay people to play out of position (Rip Hamilton, Ben Gordon).

Gordon Hayward is an all-star level player, if Utah had a better record he would have made the squad. The Jazz played good ball after the break and I expect that to continue next season putting him at least in the discussion as a reserve. Also, you need to realize that what Hayward is making now and what we are trying to give Middleton are very reasonable contracts heading into the salary cap jump, they will be making only about half of the top players in 2 years, that's a bargain if you ask me.
Pharaoh
RealGM
And1: 4,565

Re: Re: GENTLEMEN. Let's talk Off-Season 

Post#166 » by Pharaoh » Thu May 21, 2015 1:03 pm

Draft Day:

trade Jennings & #8 to New York for Jose Calderon & #4.

Draft Super Mario over Winslow at #4...Knick fans crash Real GM!

Free Agency:

let Monroe, Prince, Butler, walk

Sign Tobias Harris at 14 mil per for 4 years

Sign Ed Davis for 7 mil per for 3 years

Go over the cap to retain Reggie Jackson by either matching or with a 14 mil per contract for 4 years

Jackson 33/Dinwiddie 15
KCP 30/Meeks 18
Mario 28/Harris 20
Harris 14/Tolliver 18/Davis 16
Drummond 33/Davis 5/Anthony 10

And we still have #38 to complete the roster with Calderon & Martin here for perimeter depth

Throw in a couple of D League players and we're young, locked in for the long haul, versatile & can play the SVG way

RJ, KCP, Mario, Harris, Drummond

Dinwiddie, Meeks, Tolliver, Davis

IF healthy that's a team that could make some noise long term

Also didn't use all our cap space. Think there's $4 mil left over to pick up someone that fell through the cracks this off-season
kf96
Junior
And1: 69

Post#167 » by kf96 » Thu May 21, 2015 1:49 pm

Pharaoh wrote:Draft Day:

Free Agency:

Go over the cap to retain Reggie Jackson by either matching or with a 14 mil per contract for 4 years

Jackson 33/Dinwiddie 15
KCP 30/Meeks 18
Mario 28/Harris 20

And we still have #38 to complete the roster with Calderon & Martin here for perimeter depth

Throw in a couple of D League players and we're young, locked in for the long haul, versatile & can play the SVG way

Also didn't use all our cap space. Think there's $4 mil left over to pick up someone that fell through the cracks this off-season

Why would we do this? We can get Mario wirh #8 pick. Why would we than trade better PG for worse?
zeebneeb
RealGM
And1: 10,637

Post#168 » by zeebneeb » Thu May 21, 2015 2:10 pm

kf96 wrote:

Free Agency:

Jackson 33/Dinwiddie 15
KCP 30/Meeks 18
Mario 28/Harris 20

Why would we do this? We can get Mario wirh #8 pick. Why would we than trade better PG for worse?
I wouldn't be so sure with Mario at the 8. I have seen multiple drafts since the lottery, and he's going in the range of 5-7. My fear is that we end up with someone that stan is going to have to do the hard sell on us with.

No to frank, no to prozinigas. No interest.
A_dub06
Sixth Man
And1: 729

GENTLEMEN. Let's talk Off-Season 

Post#169 » by A_dub06 » Thu May 21, 2015 5:07 pm

I'll consider it a very successful draft if we come out with Winslow or Porzingis. Even if we get Johnson or Hezonja, I'd still be relatively happy but if we end up with Kaminsky, Turner or Oubre I think we would have made a mistake.

I think we almost NEED to swing for the fences as we're far from a free agent destination, and with the cap going up its only going to make it more difficult to sign guys without massively overpaying. If we have the opportunity to potentially land an all-star talent through the draft, I think we absolutely need to do it despite risk.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
Blkbrd671
RealGM

Post#170 » by Blkbrd671 » Fri May 22, 2015 12:25 am

So whats the next set of events?

Draft
FA

When can UFA be signed?
mercury
Head Coach
And1: 679

Post#171 » by mercury » Fri May 22, 2015 1:35 am

SN is quoting source saying Pistons one of the the teams going after Carroll.
Also exec says Middleton will go in the 15 mil range.
Blkbrd671
RealGM

Post#172 » by Blkbrd671 » Fri May 22, 2015 1:52 am

mercury wrote:SN is quoting source saying Pistons one of the the teams going after Carroll.
Also exec says Middleton will go in the 15 mil range.

Carrol is going to command too much and if he doesn't, he'd just sign with ATL and Middleton can be matched, so they are all out of play.
tmorgan
RealGM
And1: 6,886

Post#173 » by tmorgan » Fri May 22, 2015 3:16 am

This team needs Winslow or Johnson more than anyone we can realistically sign or trade for. Both guys will play solid defense right off the bat and contribute something offensively, too.
Pharaoh
RealGM
And1: 4,565

Post#174 » by Pharaoh » Fri May 22, 2015 10:31 am

1 - I don't think Mario will be there at #8 & I view him as a potential stud

2 - UFA can be signed the same time as regular FA

3 - No thanks on Carroll.

4 - Middleton is not out of play IMO. Bucks can't keep everyone over the next few seasons. They've got some serious decisions to make the next 2 seasons
Blkbrd671
RealGM

Re: 

Post#175 » by Blkbrd671 » Fri May 22, 2015 12:55 pm

Pharaoh wrote:1 - I don't think Mario will be there at #8 & I view him as a potential stud

2 - UFA can be signed the same time as regular FA

3 - No thanks on Carroll.

4 - Middleton is not out of play IMO. Bucks can't keep everyone over the next few seasons. They've got some serious decisions to make the next 2 seasons

Middleton of all their players showed the most promised on both ends of the floor last season. I believe he's a restricted FA, so Milwakee can exceed the cap to sign him. Sign him and figure the rest out later.
AussieAsh13
Ballboy
And1: 2

Post#176 » by AussieAsh13 » Fri May 22, 2015 2:20 pm

Free Agency:

Jackson 33/Dinwiddie 15
KCP 30/Meeks 18
Mario 28/Harris 20

If we did trade up to get to #4. Wouldn't we go for whoever is left of the consensus top 4 players (Russell, KAT, Okafor, Mudiay)??

I would re-sign Butler though. It's only 4.5M, he's still got some game, and Drummond seems to love the man (following him on instagram and twitter). I also think he'd be good insurance as 3rd SF!
Easily one of the biggest Detroit Piston (and NBA) fans in Australia

"We just form a f***ing wall!" :banghead: - Stan 'The Man' Van Gundy
dVs33
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 1,751

Post#177 » by dVs33 » Fri May 22, 2015 2:30 pm

If SVG doesn't sign a good SF, I'd be up for re-signing Butler if we draft a SF.
He's a good leader and mentor even though his production has dropped.
KCP5
Sophomore
And1: 36

Post#178 » by KCP5 » Fri May 22, 2015 3:39 pm

Unless we somehow convince one of the main players in FA (Harris, Millsap Middleton) to sign and not being matched in some of there cases.
We are probably looking at guys like these
Power Forwards- Speights, Arthur, Scola, Davis, Bargnarni, A.Johnson, Seraphin, Jason Smith, Bass
Small Forwards-J.Green (if he opts out), Dunleavy, Wes Johnson, Dudley, Budinger G.Green, Wright, Casspi, Anderson
These guys are all unrestricted
Montanabadboy
Junior
And1: 241

Post#179 » by Montanabadboy » Fri May 22, 2015 4:08 pm

KCP5 wrote:Unless we somehow convince one of the main players in FA (Harris, Millsap Middleton) to sign and not being matched in some of there cases.
Power Forwards- Speights, Arthur, Scola, Davis, Bargnarni, A.Johnson, Seraphin, Jason Smith, Bass
Small Forwards-J.Green (if he opts out), Dunleavy, Wes Johnson, Dudley, Budinger G.Green, Wright, Casspi, Anderson

Thanks, I was getting tired of going back and forth trying to remember who all was going to be available in free agency. My favorite player out of that list is Wes Johnson, but isn't he gonna be highly sought after? You think we have a shot with him?
Detroit vs. Everybody :lift: :lift: :lift:
sfballa13
Assistant Coach
And1: 928

Post#180 » by sfballa13 » Fri May 22, 2015 4:15 pm

KCP5 wrote:Unless we somehow convince one of the main players in FA (Harris, Millsap Middleton) to sign and not being matched in some of there cases.

Only two guys I would want from that list are Wes Johnson and Ed Davis

Everyone else is trash and doesnt deserve any $ or playing time with us

Return to Detroit Pistons