Moderators: Cowology, Snakebites, theBigLip, dVs33

sc8581
Assistant Coach
And1: 766

Re: Dre recruiting Green? 

Post#81 » by sc8581 » Wed Apr 22, 2015 9:08 am

Blomberg wrote:
sc8581 wrote:[*]
Blomberg wrote:Id be really affraid to give Draymond a max contract. He is a blueprint for a guy that's on the perfect spot for him on Warriors. Take him out of that system, give him a max contract and more offensive responsibilities, and he will be like Lance Stephenson this year compared to last. Propably not as bad, but not worth a max for a team like Pistons on its current state.

Positives: good attitude, plays for team, good and versatile defender, good court vision
Negatives: Cant shoot, cant be relied to score, mediocre to bad athlete, undersized for 4, is currently on a perfect situation for him, will demand max money, not a franchise player by any stretch of imagination.

If Pistons were ready to compete for a title? Sure, bring him in, maybe he'd be our new Sheed. But for a rebuilding team trying to make playoffs for the first time in years, lacking a lot? No thanks.

If we can't get one of the big time SFs in free agency we might as well give Green big money. With the cap going up so much his deal won't hinder us moving forward and adding him does improve the team. I would go after Middleton first and then Green right away if we couldn't land Kris.

That`s reasonable. We do need a starting 3 for next season anyway, and there`s not many good ones available that fit current Pistons team.

Green can start at the 3 or 4, he could even play 30 minutes a night off the bench backing up both spots. It's a win-win to me.
simon24
Rookie
And1: 199

Post#82 » by simon24 » Sat Apr 25, 2015 2:58 am

He would be a great fit for DET.
Phenomenonsense
Bench Warmer
And1: 528

Post#83 » by Phenomenonsense » Sat Apr 25, 2015 5:06 am

Snakebites wrote:There's no way a savvy team like the Warriors is bluffing on Green, as it would all but assure they lose him.

Someone will offer Green a max offer sheet. Might even be us. The Warriors will match it. Guaranteed.

There isn't a team with a case of "Too many Cooks in the Kitchen" worse than the Warriors. The FO has way too many positions with conflicting opinions.
Fishasaurus
Ballboy
And1: 8

Post#84 » by Fishasaurus » Sat Apr 25, 2015 8:28 pm

Phenomenonsense wrote:There isn't a team with a case of "Too many Cooks in the Kitchen" worse than the Warriors. The FO has way too many positions with conflicting opinions.

Perhaps, but success has a way of making that puzzle infinitely easier to manage. That said, the only major pieces they don't seem to have locked down through 2017 are Speights and Green. So...

Snakebites wrote:Someone will offer Green a max offer sheet. Might even be us. The Warriors will match it. Guaranteed.

This.
Blkbrd671
RealGM
And1: 4,819

Post#85 » by Blkbrd671 » Sun May 24, 2015 2:26 am

Beats by Dre ft Eminem , who's from Detroit

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gtx11wrcKP0[/youtube]

Honestly after the past 2 events where he says he wants to play in detroit, and becoming the first FA in the history of the NBA to want to go to Detroit, and Dre's tweet. There are a lot of "implying" going on marketing wise. This is either genius marketing or they are trying to hint. Only way we get Draymond, is if he says, i only want to play in Detroit .
kf96
Junior
And1: 69

Post#86 » by kf96 » Sun May 24, 2015 7:11 am

Blkbrd671 wrote:Beats by Dre ft Eminem , who's from Detroit

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gtx11wrcKP0[/youtube]

Honestly after the past 2 events where he says he wants to play in detroit, and becoming the first FA in the history of the NBA to want to go to Detroit, and Dre's tweet. There are a lot of "implying" going on marketing wise. This is either genius marketing or they are trying to hint. Only way we get Draymond, is if he says, i only want to play in Detroit .

Also Jennings was seen wearing Pistons tshirt 2 weeks before he signed with us and Reggie had Pistons hat on all star game, also before he was traded to us.
Snakebites
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 14,761

Post#87 » by Snakebites » Sun May 24, 2015 7:11 pm

I really fail to see why its even relevant whether or not Green "wants" to come here. If the Warriors want him he stays.
MrBigShot
RealGM
And1: 17,063

Post#88 » by MrBigShot » Sun May 24, 2015 8:19 pm

Really any thread discussing Draymond/Kawhi/Jimmy Butler is 100% pointless. Those guys aren't going anywhere.

Perhaps if the Warriors had gotten eliminated in the 1st round and Green played significantly worse in the post season than the regular season instead of better like he actually has played, then there might've been a chance.

As things are though, they're finals bound. Draymond/Curry/Thompson is their core and they aren't splitting it up.
"They say you miss 100% of the shots you take" - Mike James
tmorgan
RealGM
And1: 6,886

Post#89 » by tmorgan » Sun May 24, 2015 10:16 pm

Neptune, you want to chime in again here? Have you learned something since April?

I will bet you MY CAR (getting old, but still worth 5k or so) against the cash in your wallet that Draymond Green gets a second contract max offer (starting about 15.6 or 15.8 million, I forget).

Reggie I'm still not sure about... it wouldn't surprise me, but it isn't a sure thing. Monroe I'm not 100% sure of, but I think it happens.
Blkbrd671
RealGM

Post#90 » by Blkbrd671 » Mon May 25, 2015 1:11 am

Snakebites wrote:I really fail to see why its even relevant whether or not Green "wants" to come here. If the Warriors want him he stays.

While yes teams have the ultimate deciding vote, your not going to pay a disgruntled player max money.

While chances are highly unlikely Green will "force" his way to detroit. i am just saying , what the player wants is very important.
sc8581
Assistant Coach

Post#91 » by sc8581 » Mon May 25, 2015 1:38 am

Maybe Green told their front office he REALLY wants to go home and Stan offered our #8 for them not to match lol. Could be what was meant by "speeding up the rebuilding process.
Blkbrd671
RealGM

Post#92 » by Blkbrd671 » Mon May 25, 2015 1:59 am

sc8581 wrote:Maybe Green told their front office he REALLY wants to go home and Stan offered our #8 for them not to match lol. Could be what was meant by "speeding up the rebuilding process.

i don't think this years pick is on the table.

i would gladly offer 2016 First round pick
sc8581
Assistant Coach

Post#93 » by sc8581 » Mon May 25, 2015 2:46 am

Blkbrd671 wrote:
sc8581 wrote:Maybe Green told their front office he REALLY wants to go home and Stan offered our #8 for them not to match lol. Could be what was meant by "speeding up the rebuilding process.

i don't think this years pick is on the table.

i would gladly offer 2016 First round pick

You never know
coordinator0
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,311

Post#94 » by coordinator0 » Mon May 25, 2015 3:21 am

I would say it's a pretty safe bet that type of trade won't happen. Detroit would have to trade the eighth pick to Golden State for some minor asset and then hope the Warriors keep their word when free agency officially opens up. As far as I know something like that has never occurred before and it would be pretty unlikely to happen now. That's just not how NBA teams do business.
Neptune
Starter
And1: 1,263

Post#95 » by Neptune » Mon May 25, 2015 7:10 am

tmorgan wrote:Neptune, you want to chime in again here? Have you learned something since April?

I will bet you MY CAR (getting old, but still worth 5k or so) against the cash in your wallet that Draymond Green gets a second contract max offer (starting about 15.6 or 15.8 million, I forget).

Reggie I'm still not sure about... it wouldn't surprise me, but it isn't a sure thing. Monroe I'm not 100% sure of, but I think it happens.

No need to bet, I admit you're right! Draymond Green will demand and more than likely recieve a couple of max deals. I got the Warriors matching though. That guy has been playing great during the playoffs.

Reggie and Monroe aren't max material, lol. I still think they'll get nice bloated deals, which is "ok" for Detroit.
tmorgan
RealGM
And1: 6,886

Post#96 » by tmorgan » Mon May 25, 2015 8:10 am

Neptune wrote:
tmorgan wrote:Neptune, you want to chime in again here? Have you learned something since April?

No need to bet, I admit you're right! Draymond Green will demand and more than likely recieve a couple of max deals. I got the Warriors matching though. That guy has been playing great during the playoffs.

Reggie and Monroe aren't max material, lol. I still think they'll get nice bloated deals, which is "ok" for Detroit.

The Warriors will definitely match, but someone (maybe the Pistons) will make sure they don't pay him any less.

I don't know what Reggie will get from us, really. All signs indicate him staying, and he'll definitely get more than the 4/48 he turned down from OKC, but I don't know if it ends up 4/70 (about the max, with raises) or quite a bit lower. I'm hoping it's lower, but I don't know.

Monroe will likely get that 4/70 from at least one team, probably a few. The Knicks have the space, the money, and no center, and they got dumped to 4th in the draft and will thus miss KAT and Okafor.
kurtis48239
General Manager
And1: 1,056

Post#97 » by kurtis48239 » Mon May 25, 2015 9:15 am

Iam tired of hearing that green is a product of GSW system,the kid just has those defense instincts,has a warriors mentality (no pun intended)and can score.He has really proven hes vital to that GS team and would also be vital to any team hes on.The playoffs would look much different for GS if green wasant in the picture,not saying they wouldnt still make the finals,but would have a harder time doing it.I think we can put to bed those green vs moose debates.I wouldnt mind at all if det offered him a max contract,the kid is a leader and pumps those guys up,those type of guys are to valuable to their teams,which sadly means GS will no doubt keep him,he has continued to develope and shows no signs of pulling a ben gordon.Even if we were to throw a large offer,like 16-17,he still wouldnt leave GS for a couple more mil a year,after wining a championship with a great chance to repeat.

Its crazy to think he was picked 35th in the 2nd round,whats really sad,is we had a gem similar to green who was picked 39th in the 2nd round that we just gave away.
Joe Berry
Veteran
And1: 418

Post#98 » by Joe Berry » Mon May 25, 2015 9:27 am

The Warriors are the new dominant team in the NBA, they are going to win the title easily. They have a young core and could build a dynasty. Green is their 2nd most important player imo. Unless Draymond signs the QO and becomes an unrestricted FA there is no way he will become a Piston anytime soon - unfortunately because he would be a perfect fit for this team, more than anything else this team needs a leader and Green is just that.
AussieAsh13
Ballboy
And1: 2

Post#99 » by AussieAsh13 » Mon May 25, 2015 10:09 am

Blkbrd671 wrote:
Snakebites wrote:I really fail to see why its even relevant whether or not Green "wants" to come here. If the Warriors want him he stays.

While yes teams have the ultimate deciding vote, your not going to pay a disgruntled player max money.

While chances are highly unlikely Green will "force" his way to detroit. i am just saying , what the player wants is very important.

If you were the GM of a team in this situation, what would you do?

Cos I know exactly what I would do. I would match any offer for him, and then make it very clear to the entire NBA that he is available to trade and see what comes my way!
Easily one of the biggest Detroit Piston (and NBA) fans in Australia

"We just form a f***ing wall!" :banghead: - Stan 'The Man' Van Gundy
Blkbrd671
RealGM

Post#100 » by Blkbrd671 » Mon May 25, 2015 10:49 am

AussieAsh13 wrote:
Blkbrd671 wrote:

If you were the GM of a team in this situation, what would you do?

Cos I know exactly what I would do. I would match any offer for him, and then make it very clear to the entire NBA that he is available to trade and see what comes my way!

i find the best way to resolve the situation. when you treat a player like strictly a asset, other players remember that. i'd offer something decent

Return to Detroit Pistons