Post#21 » by Pharaoh » Mon May 25, 2015 8:02 am

sc8581 wrote:Who is Scott Dinwiddie?

Nailed it!
joedumars1
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,078

Re: Sportscrazy's Piston offseason 

Post#22 » by joedumars1 » Mon May 25, 2015 8:11 pm

Nick Young? OMG, i'm not sure if he has ever played for a winning team in his career.
Blkbrd671
RealGM
And1: 4,819

Post#23 » by Blkbrd671 » Wed May 27, 2015 12:50 am

Laimbeer wrote:Thought this was an interesting post and deserved a thread.

Thoughts? Anyone else want to take a stab and predict our offseason as below?

1. Minnesota - Karl-Anthony Towns
2. L.A. Lakers - Jahlil Okafor
3. Philadelphia - D'Angelo Russell
4. New York - Emmanuel Mudiay
5. Orlando - WCS
6. Sacramento - Priz
7. Denver - Winslow
8. Detroit - Stanley Johnson

Detroit Pistons
Re-Sign: Reggie Jackson, Joel Anthony
Sign: Bargnani
Trade: Brandon Jennings for Jordan Hill

C-Andre Drummond/Jordan Hill/Joel Anthony
PF-Bargnani/Hill/Anthony Tolliver
SF-Butler/Johnson/Miller
SG-Kentavious Caldwell-Pope/Jodie Meeks/Johnson
PG-Reggie Jackson/ Dinwiddie/FA

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1389135&p=43714528#p43714528
Blkbrd671
RealGM

Re: Re: Sportscrazy's Piston offseason 

Post#24 » by Blkbrd671 » Wed May 27, 2015 12:50 am

Pharaoh wrote:
sc8581 wrote:Who is Scott Dinwiddie?

Nailed it!

haha, when i was going through it i was like WTF!?
bkseven
Sixth Man
And1: 235

Post#25 » by bkseven » Wed May 27, 2015 2:39 am

Wow am I really seeing people want Bargani as our starting PF?

And really? Start Butler over Stanley Johnson? What are we trying to do? Help Butler reach his potential because he is young and has a lot of untapped potential?
sc8581
Assistant Coach
And1: 766

Post#26 » by sc8581 » Wed May 27, 2015 2:41 am

bkseven wrote:Wow am I really seeing people want Bargani as our starting PF?

Lol right. I'm hoping they only want him as a 4th or 5th big but even then wtf
MotownMadness
RealGM
And1: 21,884

Post#27 » by MotownMadness » Wed May 27, 2015 2:51 am

Bargs is a joke lol
joedumars1
Lead Assistant

Post#28 » by joedumars1 » Wed May 27, 2015 2:53 am

bkseven wrote:Wow am I really seeing people want Bargani as our starting PF?

And really? Start Butler over Stanley Johnson? What are we trying to do? Help Butler reach his potential because he is young and has a lot of untapped potential?

LOL. I agree with you man., i'm also not sure we pick up Caron option,(4.5mill) I like his vet presense, but I would like to get him for cheaper.

I wouldn't mind Bargs being a 1-2 year stop-gap at the PF tho.
Blkbrd671
RealGM

Post#29 » by Blkbrd671 » Wed May 27, 2015 3:20 am

MotownMadness wrote:Bargs is a joke lol

Bargs is more than likely going to come cheap and can shoot the ball. I really think the fact that he was picked #1 really effects posters opinions about him. Not to mention that SVG's system is perfect for him. I get he's not LMA, or Milsap, but he sure as hell isn't Charlie V. He's another player that injuries have hampered his career.
MotownMadness
RealGM

Post#30 » by MotownMadness » Wed May 27, 2015 4:35 am

Blkbrd671 wrote:

Bargs is more than likely going to come cheap and can shoot the ball. I really think the fact that he was picked #1 really effects posters opinions about him. Not to mention that SVG's system is perfect for him. I get he's not LMA, or Milsap, but he sure as hell isn't Charlie V. He's another player that injuries have hampered his career.

Actually his numbers are a lot better then I thought but he still sucks
joedumars1
Lead Assistant

Post#31 » by joedumars1 » Wed May 27, 2015 4:42 am

MotownMadness wrote:
Blkbrd671 wrote:

Yeah right, He flat out sucks. Just watching him trying to act like he was playing defense without a player within 10 feet of him was comical. He's trash and definitely around Charlie V type of impact if not worse. If he would take like 700K I might take him to fill in a Cartier Martin role of barely ever playing or something.

It would depend on the price, but a 1-2 year stop-gap wouldn't be horrible, the price would have to be good tho, it's probably likely he can;t stay healthy, but we do have Arnie. Charlie V. has never averaged 19-20ppg.
MotownMadness
RealGM

Post#32 » by MotownMadness » Wed May 27, 2015 4:46 am

joedumars1 wrote:
MotownMadness wrote:
Blkbrd671 wrote:

Yeah right, He flat out sucks. Just watching him trying to act like he was playing defense without a player within 10 feet of him was comical. He's trash and definitely around Charlie V type of impact if not worse. If he would take like 700K I might take him to fill in a Cartier Martin role of barely ever playing or something.

It would depend on the price, but a 1-2 year stop-gap wouldn't be horrible, the price would have to be good tho, it's probably likely he can;t stay healthy, but we do have Arnie. Charlie V. has never averaged 19-20ppg.

Yeah I just edited that, I was kinda shocked at his stats. Nothing spectacular but much better then I thought. He's still a liability out there though so he would have to come cheap enough to sit his ass 90% of the time.
joedumars1
Lead Assistant

Post#33 » by joedumars1 » Wed May 27, 2015 4:52 am

MotownMadness wrote:
joedumars1 wrote:
MotownMadness wrote:Yeah right, He flat out sucks. Just watching him trying to act like he was playing defense without a player within 10 feet of him was comical. He's trash and definitely around Charlie V type of impact if not worse. If he would take like 700K I might take him to fill in a Cartier Martin role of barely ever playing or something.

Yeah I just edited that, I was kinda shocked at his stats. Nothing spectacular but much better then I thought. He's still a liability out there though so he would have to come cheap enough to sit his ass 90% of the time.

I was surprised by his #'s too, lol. He for sure wouldn't be my first option, not sure who would be, but definitely someone SVG could talk to and see if we could get him on the cheap.
Blkbrd671
RealGM

Post#34 » by Blkbrd671 » Wed May 27, 2015 5:08 am

joedumars1 wrote:
MotownMadness wrote:
joedumars1 wrote: It would depend on the price, but a 1-2 year stop-gap wouldn't be horrible, the price would have to be good tho, it's probably likely he can;t stay healthy, but we do have Arnie. Charlie V. has never averaged 19-20ppg.

I was surprised by his #'s too, lol. He for sure wouldn't be my first option, not sure who would be, but definitely someone SVG could talk to and see if we could get him on the cheap.

lol MOTOWN, i was wondering where your quote went.

ya, i mean yes i want LMA, maybe Milsap(playoffs have made him less enticing), Randolph etc. however they are going to cost a arm and leg. The only way i see us getting a FA PF, is

1.) we overpay dramatically
2.) the FA is older and the contract we are signing them is probably their last

guys like Bargs or PJIII seem like prime candidates for talented players that can thrive in our system that should come relatively cheap or slight overpay. I highly value vet experience and Bargs has quite a bit of it. Defensively Bargs can be better, but that's more effort than inability.
tmorgan
RealGM
And1: 6,939

Post#35 » by tmorgan » Wed May 27, 2015 5:22 am

Eh, it's effort and inability at this point. His horrid rebounding is a concern, but Andre takes care of some of that. It's the defensive stupidity I couldn't tolerate. At least Monroe covers HIS man. Bargs doesn't cover anyone.
sc8581
Assistant Coach

Post#36 » by sc8581 » Wed May 27, 2015 5:23 am

Definitely want no part of PJIII. Bargs could replace Tolliver off the bench if that's what you guys are looking at but at what price? Tolliver has I believe a $3M team option, I would imaging Bargs is looking for more than that. Then you also have to consider how healthy he will be and how long you want to sign him for.
joedumars1
Lead Assistant

Post#37 » by joedumars1 » Wed May 27, 2015 5:28 am

sc8581 wrote:Definitely want no part of PJIII. Bargs could replace Tolliver off the bench if that's what you guys are looking at but at what price? Tolliver has I believe a $3M team option, I would imaging Bargs is looking for more than that. Then you also have to consider how healthy he will be and how long you want to sign him for.

I was thinking 5mill for 1-2years. If he stayed healthy I believe he might be able to flourish in this system, by flourish I mean, 18ppg, 5 boards, with 30-35mpg. He would be starting in my scenario, that is if we don't find someone else, not even sure SVG would want him tho.

I'm not sure if his Defense would be bad or not tho, SVG is usually good implementing his D system and players doing good in it.
Blkbrd671
RealGM

Post#38 » by Blkbrd671 » Wed May 27, 2015 5:38 am

tmorgan wrote:Eh, it's effort and inability at this point. His horrid rebounding is a concern, but Andre takes care of some of that. It's the defensive stupidity I couldn't tolerate. At least Monroe covers HIS man. Bargs doesn't cover anyone.

Horrid rebounding is definitely a concern, and stupidity is the best way to put it. He's been on a crap Tor team and Crap NY team. I think you put him in this system, and limit what he does, defend teh peremiter , knock down open shots. I think he can flourish. Monroe could never cover his man on the permiter. which is why we are looking for a PF
sc8581
Assistant Coach

Post#39 » by sc8581 » Wed May 27, 2015 5:43 am

Blkbrd671 wrote:
tmorgan wrote:Eh, it's effort and inability at this point. His horrid rebounding is a concern, but Andre takes care of some of that. It's the defensive stupidity I couldn't tolerate. At least Monroe covers HIS man. Bargs doesn't cover anyone.

Horrid rebounding is definitely a concern, and stupidity is the best way to put it. He's been on a crap Tor team and Crap NY team. I think you put him in this system, and limit what he does, defend teh peremiter , knock down open shots. I think he can flourish. Monroe could never cover his man on the permiter. which is why we are looking for a PF

Do you really think Bargs can defend on the perimeter though? Also confused why he didn't take many 3s last year, he did take a lot of long 2s though.
Blkbrd671
RealGM

Post#40 » by Blkbrd671 » Wed May 27, 2015 5:43 am

joedumars1 wrote:
sc8581 wrote:Definitely want no part of PJIII. Bargs could replace Tolliver off the bench if that's what you guys are looking at but at what price? Tolliver has I believe a $3M team option, I would imaging Bargs is looking for more than that. Then you also have to consider how healthy he will be and how long you want to sign him for.

I was thinking 5mill for 1-2years. If he stayed healthy I believe he might be able to flourish in this system, by flourish I mean, 18ppg, 5 boards, with 30-35mpg. He would be starting in my scenario, that is if we don't find someone else, not even sure SVG would want him tho.

I'm not sure if his Defense would be bad or not tho, SVG is usually good implementing his D system and players doing good in it.

exactly my thoughts, something cheap and we'll get tremendous production. 1 thing we must replace is Mooses scoring with the 2nd unit. Meeks takes the brunt of that, but if we can find a big man that can get points with rotations not involving Dre, it be ideal. I think of this FA class, Bargs is one of the better scorers avaialble. he's a 7ft? and quite honestly reminds me a little of Dre in terms of effort. When its there, he impacts the game(as seen by the 25 he dropped on us), when its not, he's pretty much just a shooter. If SVG can get his motor going like he has jennings, DJ, Dinwiddie, Dre etc. He's productive and cheap. whats not to like?

Return to Detroit Pistons