And1: 4

Bar time for Stan! 

Post#1 » by bardobeing » Tue Jun 30, 2015 4:21 pm

MotownMadness
RealGM
And1: 21,884

Re: Bar time for Stan! 

Post#2 » by MotownMadness » Tue Jun 30, 2015 4:34 pm

I can't see Danny Green picking probably the most dysfunctional team in the league the Kings over us.
sc8581
Assistant Coach
And1: 766

Post#3 » by sc8581 » Tue Jun 30, 2015 4:36 pm

This fool has Harris, Carroll and Middleton all at 4 years $40M, he's clueless.
Joe Berry
Veteran
And1: 418

Post#4 » by Joe Berry » Tue Jun 30, 2015 4:37 pm

Middleton, Carroll, Harris and Reggie will get WAY more than 10 per year, this guy is nuts.
The Penguin
"Beat The Commish" Champion/Mr. Clean Slate
And1: 4,107

Post#5 » by The Penguin » Tue Jun 30, 2015 4:45 pm

He's got no idea AT ALL. He's just pulling numbers and predictions out of his butt. For example, Tristan Thompson can't sign a 5 year deal with the Cavs as Kyrie took that spot and the Hawks won't have the mid level as they have cap room. This lacks a clear fundamental understanding of the CBA.
princeofpalace
RealGM
And1: 1,636

Post#6 » by princeofpalace » Tue Jun 30, 2015 4:49 pm

The Penguin wrote:He's got no idea AT ALL. He's just pulling numbers and predictions out of his butt. For example, Tristan Thompson can't sign a 5 year deal with the Cavs as Kyrie took that spot and the Hawks won't have the mid level as they have cap room. This lacks a clear fundamental understanding of the CBA.

This post is ironic. I have no idea why so many people believe the nonsense that teams cannot have more than 1 player on a 5 year max contract. The CBA says that teams cannot hand out more than one 5 year max extension of a rookie contract- big difference.

An example is if Drummond were to get a 5 year max extension right now, Detroit couldn't give the 5 year max extension to KCP or Johnson. However, once KCP and Jackson are RFA and eligible for a new contract and not an extension- Pistons could offer both a 5 year max contract.
The Penguin
"Beat The Commish" Champion/Mr. Clean Slate
And1: 4,107

Post#7 » by The Penguin » Tue Jun 30, 2015 4:59 pm

princeofpalace wrote:
The Penguin wrote:He's got no idea AT ALL. He's just pulling numbers and predictions out of his butt. For example, Tristan Thompson can't sign a 5 year deal with the Cavs as Kyrie took that spot and the Hawks won't have the mid level as they have cap room. This lacks a clear fundamental understanding of the CBA.

This post is ironic. I have no idea why so many people believe the nonsense that teams cannot have more than 1 player on a 5 year max contract. The CBA says that teams cannot hand out more than one 5 year max extension of a rookie contract- big difference.

An example is if Drummond were to get a 5 year max extension right now, Detroit couldn't give the 5 year max extension to KCP or Johnson. However, once KCP and Jackson are RFA and eligible for a new contract and not an extension- Pistons could offer both a 5 year max contract.

Thanks for the clarification. He's still wrong about the Hawks having the mid level to use on Stuckey and about almost everything else.
zeebneeb
RealGM
And1: 10,721

Post#8 » by zeebneeb » Tue Jun 30, 2015 7:03 pm

So this guy thinks, that the Pistons won't sign anyone, but reggie? AND that Harris would sign with Boston, who is going no where, over anyone else who is going to tender an offer,and at 10 per?

Remember folks, this guy got PAID to write this. After free agency is done, I'm compiling a list, to match every single player to this article, to see who knows more. Me (I think the majority of this list is crap, save for the one everyone knows about)or someone paid* to write.
Snakebites
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 14,773

Post#9 » by Snakebites » Tue Jun 30, 2015 7:05 pm

MotownMadness wrote:I can't see Danny Green picking probably the most dysfunctional team in the league the Kings over us.

He admits its wishful thinking then picks Blazers.

Still, there is no authority behind these predictions, and looking at them one sees a lot of other issues. He picks Ellis for the Kings, thinks Middleton will take a deal averaging 10 million, and thinks the Hawks will be able to get Carroll back at only 10 million per (I think it will cost more than that). OH, and he thinks Reggie will take about 3 and a half million LESS than Brandon Knight just got....

The Knight signing is an indication of things to come, and this guy is clearly biased and clearly not reading the signs. What he says means nothing to me, or at least not more than the hand-waiving speculation we all engage in here.
zeebneeb
RealGM
And1: 10,721

Post#10 » by zeebneeb » Tue Jun 30, 2015 7:16 pm

Snakebites wrote:
MotownMadness wrote:I can't see Danny Green picking probably the most dysfunctional team in the league the Kings over us.

He admits its wishful thinking then picks Blazers.

Still, there is no authority behind these predictions, and looking at them one sees a lot of other issues. He picks Ellis for the Kings, thinks Middleton will take a deal averaging 10 million, and thinks the Hawks will be able to get Carroll back at only 10 million per (I think it will cost more than that). OH, and he thinks Reggie will take about 3 and a half million LESS than Brandon Knight just got....

The Knight signing is an indication of things to come, and this guy is clearly biased and clearly not reading the signs. What he says means nothing to me, or at least not more than the hand-waiving speculation we all engage in here.
This should be the only post in the thread. One, and DONE.
ImHeisenberg
Head Coach
And1: 2,323

Post#11 » by ImHeisenberg » Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:06 pm

sc8581 wrote:

This fool has Harris, Carroll and Middleton all at 4 years $40M, he's clueless.

Agreed. They're just pulling numbers out of their arse.

These guys are going to get A LOT more money, based on the future cap- not the current one. No way we re-sign Reggie for $10.5 million a season.
captainrebel
Pro Prospect
And1: 48

Post#12 » by captainrebel » Wed Jul 1, 2015 2:19 am

Joe Asberry wrote:Middleton, Carroll, Harris and Reggie will get WAY more than 10 per year, this guy is nuts.

I thought the same thing. I didn’t know if he is a nut or a nut cracker. What a buffoon!

Return to Detroit Pistons