Smoove to the Clips

Moderators: Cowology, Snakebites, theBigLip, dVs33

joedumars1
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,078

Re: Smoove to the Clips 

Post#21 » by joedumars1 » Fri Jul 17, 2015 12:05 am

SAKURABA216 wrote:Clippers are stacked!

I'm pretty excited for them. I live in LA, but as a Pistons fan I've always hated the Lakers. 99.9% of the Lakers fans hate the Clippers and think of them as their "little brothers."

Needless to say as a Laker-hater and the youngest of 5 brothers, I've always had a soft spot for the Clippers. An ex-gf of mine also had season tix so I've been to a few of their games too. Most importantly, I really just want to see CP3 win a ring. The guy is amazing and wants to win more than anyone and gets a ton of hate every year they get bounced in the 2nd round.

[b]I can't wait for 2k to come out now, I honestly wasn't going to buy the game if all I had to look forward to was playing as Marcus Morris, Stanley Johnson, and whoever else we just acquired. It sucks playing w/ a crap team, you gotta put the sliders all the way up lol
[/b]

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
Haven't played 2k in awhile, but I would imagine it can still be a dunk fest. I'm guessing Reggie Jackson, Stanley Johnson, Dre, and maybe KCP could just **** all over teams. Especially Dre, might take RJ, SJ, and KCP 1-2 seasons.
ImHeisenberg
Head Coach
And1: 2,323

Post#22 » by ImHeisenberg » Fri Jul 17, 2015 12:11 am

Snakebites wrote:Welcome to your status as my new least favorite team, Clippers.

They were doing a fine job already, but now they almost want to make me phantom root for the Lakers. :lol:
joedumars1
Lead Assistant

Post#23 » by joedumars1 » Fri Jul 17, 2015 12:16 am

ImHeisenberg wrote:
Snakebites wrote:Welcome to your status as my new least favorite team, Clippers.

They were doing a fine job already, but now they almost want to make me phantom root for the Lakers. :lol:

:crazy:
DBC10
General Manager
And1: 2,799

Post#24 » by DBC10 » Fri Jul 17, 2015 1:22 am

Besides Blake, everyone on the Clippers can be hated.

Deandre for his wussing on his contract. CP3 constantly flopping and whining (not to mention never getting past 2nd round). And now they got Smith. This acquisition only cemented that hatred for me.

Carry on my wayward son.
Pugz
Rookie
And1: 168

Post#25 » by Pugz » Fri Jul 17, 2015 2:51 am

DBC10 wrote:Besides Blake, everyone on the Clippers can be hated.

Deandre for his wussing on his contract. CP3 constantly flopping and whining (not to mention never getting past 2nd round). And now they got Smith. This acquisition only cemented that hatred for me.

Carry on my wayward son.

blake and jj are likeable. i like pierce too
DBC10
General Manager

Post#26 » by DBC10 » Fri Jul 17, 2015 3:44 am

Pugz wrote:

Carry on my wayward son.

blake and jj are likeable. i like pierce too

Ah, I forgot about JJ. He's cool, same with Jamal.

I only like Pierce since he always stomps and makes the Raptors look like trash, like what Kobe always did.
Spider156
Head Coach
And1: 1,371

Post#27 » by Spider156 » Fri Jul 17, 2015 3:53 am

Carry on my wayward son.

I don't like Doc Rivers. He's so overrated. CP3 is getting old. I don't care for the flopping. Chauncey used to do it a lot.
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QmTshvfmMHY[/youtube]
I find it part of the game. It's silly but it is a show on the court and there are tons of calls that get called that don't deserve it and a lot that do. Smart move by him. I would've done the same.
Defense wins championships
kurtis48239
General Manager
And1: 1,056

Post#28 » by kurtis48239 » Fri Jul 17, 2015 4:10 am

I honestly could care less,what really pisses me off is the fact that were connected to smith for the next few years.Anytime hes brought up in a negative light,we will be linked to him because of the buy out,which I hate,especialy if the clips win the title,GOOD GOD,can you see the threads/comments.

For the ones thinking,what if we kept him with the roster we have now....Just think what would happen if Ersan went down.We would get to witness what the first 2 yrs of having him looked like,just ugly basketball.It was apparent that smith didnt feel/ want the need to really make something happen here,he wanted his money and didnt want to listen to what stan had to say or the direction of the team.He basicly **** all over us,took our money,and left for greener patures.

Yes,I know dumars was the reason this all happend in the first place,but he couldnt control or make smith give a chit lol.
ElectricMayhem
RealGM
And1: 11,163

Post#29 » by ElectricMayhem » Fri Jul 17, 2015 4:19 am

Carry on my wayward son.

Brendan Dawson!
At the end of the day, it's not about wins and losses. Teamwork, fair play, and good sportsmanship make champions of us all.

Go arbitrary assortment of athletes! Beat the other arbitrary assortment of athletes or my mood will suffer!
DBC10
General Manager

Post#30 » by DBC10 » Fri Jul 17, 2015 4:33 am

ElectricMayhem wrote:

Carry on my wayward son.

Brendan Dawson!

Ah, I also forgot him as well, loved him as a high motor guy. I'm terrible as a MSU alumni. Just revoke my badge/status.
PrivateZer0
Sophomore
And1: 274

Post#31 » by PrivateZer0 » Fri Jul 17, 2015 6:56 am

A couple years ago at a Pistons-Clippers game, Blake signed almost everybody's gear except mine >.>.
DetroitPistons
RealGM
And1: 3,441

Post#32 » by DetroitPistons » Fri Jul 17, 2015 7:48 am

PrivateZer0 wrote:A couple years ago at a Pistons-Clippers game, Blake signed almost everybody's gear except mine >.>.

Well now you have 41 opportunities this season to get Blake's autograph!

Joe Berry
Veteran
And1: 418

Post#33 » by Joe Berry » Fri Jul 17, 2015 12:28 pm

Backup PF and limited usage for a good team was always the role and position he was best suited for. Only an idiot like Dumars thought he could be the 1st or 2nd option as a SF on a bad team.
The Penguin
"Beat The Commish" Champion/Mr. Clean Slate
And1: 4,107

Post#34 » by The Penguin » Fri Jul 17, 2015 12:56 pm

Disappointing he signed for so little, but realistically considering the teams supposedly chasing him (the Kings) he would have needed to sign for more than $5.4 mil. He just got a taste of the Western Conference Finals, he could stick with Houston or go to the Clippers on what's basically a $5.4 mil deal or go to the Kings for not much more.

I don't hate the Clippers at all, I hope the West keeps loading up as I really don't want to see Lebron bring Cleveland a title. I'd love it if the Cavs lose the next 2-3 Finals (putting Lebron's career Finals record around 2-7) and then our core matures and knocks them off as the top East team.
Billl
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,379

Post#35 » by Billl » Fri Jul 17, 2015 1:11 pm

Not sure where all the clipper hate comes from. The lakers? Sure. But the clip? They are a fun team to watch.

I don't think it's a good fit for Smith though. He's going to get tons of open jumpers in that offense and he's proven himself dumb enough to take them.
joedumars1
Lead Assistant

Post#36 » by joedumars1 » Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:32 pm

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/sports/nba/pistons/2015/07/23/ex-piston-josh-smith-bemoans-69m-salary/30567741/

"At the end of the day, you know, I do have a family," Smith said. "So it is going to be a little harder on me this year. But I'm going to push through it and, you know, try to do something long term after this year. But I think this year focusing on doing something special with this group of guys."

I hate this guy. So glad we released him. I actually think the team might of started to not believe in SVG if we didn't.
princeofpalace
RealGM
And1: 1,636

Post#37 » by princeofpalace » Fri Jul 24, 2015 12:03 am

joedumars1 wrote:http://www.detroitnews.com/story/sports/nba/pistons/2015/07/23/ex-piston-josh-smith-bemoans-69m-salary/30567741/

"At the end of the day, you know, I do have a family," Smith said. "So it is going to be a little harder on me this year. But I'm going to push through it and, you know, try to do something long term after this year. But I think this year focusing on doing something special with this group of guys."

I hate this guy. So glad we released him. I actually think the team might of started to not believe in SVG if we didn't.

I actually dont fault him for these comments. He thought he was gonna be making 14 mil, instead he's making half that. I'm no millionaire but I can't imagine making half of what I make even though there are millions of ppl making less that that amount of money with families.

Who knows how much Smith has tied up in his mortgage(s), car notes, private school, other business ventures, etc..
DBC10
General Manager

Post#38 » by DBC10 » Fri Jul 24, 2015 12:31 am

princeofpalace wrote:
joedumars1 wrote:http://www.detroitnews.com/story/sports/nba/pistons/2015/07/23/ex-piston-josh-smith-bemoans-69m-salary/30567741/

I actually dont fault him for these comments. He thought he was gonna be making 14 mil, instead he's making half that. I'm no millionaire but I can't imagine making half of what I make even though there are millions of ppl making less that that amount of money with families.

Who knows how much Smith has tied up in his mortgage(s), car notes, private school, other business ventures, etc..

Still his fault for buying up things that plummet in value as soon as you purchase or accruing expenses that can't pay with just revenue.

Too many athletes end up poor because of this.
Blkbrd671
RealGM
And1: 4,819

Post#39 » by Blkbrd671 » Fri Jul 24, 2015 1:14 am

princeofpalace wrote:

If he can't survive on Millions then HOW CAN YOU NOT FAULT HIM? These idiot bball players don't understand sunk cost, depreciation and obviously aren't savvy finacially. If Josh made decisions predicated on a 14 million dollar salary that he knew could be stretched, well that's the risk he took. Now he has to suffer the consequences. Hopefully most his money is not tied up in investments that don't have much return or he'd be able to sell some assets and be fine if he was struggling. My guess is its in cars, jewelry, friends restaurant and 100 kids
ComboGuardCity
RealGM
And1: 4,547

Smoove to the Clips 

Post#40 » by ComboGuardCity » Fri Jul 24, 2015 1:32 am

He's still getting the millions. It's guaranteed his way. Those comments don't make sense.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums

Return to Detroit Pistons