ImageImageImage

Who is the three to get cut

Moderators: dVs33, Cowology, Snakebites, theBigLip

Kilo
RealGM
And1: 5,105

Re: Who is the three to get cut 

Post#21 » by Kilo » Sat Aug 22, 2015 6:39 pm

Martin was brought in as a hard worker and good towel waver at the end of the bench - however once he got his two year guaranteed contract he seemed to miss a lot of time for things that he would have played through in the past when on 10-day contracts and non-guaranteed deals. He's surely gone.

Granger is broken. PHX has one of the best if not the best team doctors/rehab and they decided to give him away in a salary dump. If they thought he could be brought back to health they would have kept him because a healthy Granger is a rotation player.

Comes down to Thomas vs Bullock, and one is on a guaranteed deal and one isn't. Unless Adonis greatly outplays Bullock, the contract situation keeps Bullock in Detroit to start the season.
Weaver = Hinkie
VW to Portland :pray:
Pharaoh
RealGM
And1: 4,565

Post#22 » by Pharaoh » Sun Aug 23, 2015 12:47 am

I'd like to think Bullock having a guaranteed contract means nothing to SVG & Gores.

We sent Smith packing! Surely paying Bullock to go away isn't gonna break the bank
chrbal
RealGM
And1: 1,651

Post#23 » by chrbal » Sun Aug 23, 2015 5:19 pm

But if Bullock and Thomas are about even, I'm guessing Bullock would get the edge.
Brapman
Starter
And1: 443

Post#24 » by Brapman » Sun Aug 23, 2015 6:12 pm

Thomas has supposedly lost a good amount of weight to try to become the athlete Bullock already is. I have a gut fee that Bullock's skills (3 pt shooting and D) fit our SF and SG positional needs to a tee, and that he'll make the roster.

I'm a big KCP fan, think Meeks is a good player who'll be greatly improved this season (not coming off a 3 month back injury), think Morris fits us great and think Stanley is going to turn into a legit all-star (not just a borderline all-star) player. But I think Bullock could be really good and could be a big time rotation player for us as early as this season, and that if he steps up he'll wedge himself into the rotation before too long.

If he does, that makes one of KCP, Meeks or Morris available to trade. There's nothing wrong with having a lot of quality depth that can turn into future picks, or who can be used to package in 2:1's to acquire a high quality young veteran who becomes available in the future.
Kilo
RealGM
And1: 5,105

Post#25 » by Kilo » Sun Aug 23, 2015 7:25 pm

Thomas bulked up when he flamed out after his draft, thinking being a stretch four was his ticket to the NBA. Pistons suggested he lean out a bit and strive to be more a 3&D type as his size, athleticism would be better suited for such a role.

If Jennings is healthy, we could see a possibility where a pg could be moved/cut to open a roster spot to keep both Bullock and Thomas if both look good enough to make the team come camp.
Weaver = Hinkie
VW to Portland :pray:

Return to Detroit Pistons