ImageImageImage

Jazz fan with a simple Question

Moderators: Cowology, Snakebites, theBigLip, dVs33

reflectiveself
Ballboy
And1: 7

Jazz fan with a simple Question 

Post#1 » by reflectiveself » Sun Aug 30, 2015 3:32 pm

so honest question. what is the value of Spencer Dinwiddie on your team? would 2nd round or 2 second round picks be enough? would you guys consider some kind of trade that won't take a core player?

also, what if any interest is there in trey burks? I know his value is not much right now. but I think it's more of a location issue and a team change may bring him back to life some.. nothing like playing for your home town.. I do like his heart. the guy never seems to give up I honestly think his ceiling is a backup but he could be a heart and soul for a team too.
Spider156
Head Coach
And1: 1,371

Re: Jazz fan with a simple Question 

Post#2 » by Spider156 » Sun Aug 30, 2015 3:37 pm

Pretty crazy to think everyone wanted Trey Burks over KCP and Dumars was hated on when he picked up KCP. Great drafter man. Dinwiddie's value will reveal itself as soon as the season starts. One of him or Blake will back up Jackson. If he played like last season, he'd be worth a role player. If that was a fluke, then a second round pic would suffice
Defense wins championships
Spider156
Head Coach
And1: 1,371

Post#3 » by Spider156 » Sun Aug 30, 2015 3:38 pm

Darius Morris and Trey Burke should both stayed one more year at Michigan
Defense wins championships
Kilo
RealGM
And1: 5,104

Post#4 » by Kilo » Sun Aug 30, 2015 3:51 pm

Dinwiddie would surely be available, but not for a second or future seconds. Maybe as part of a bigger deal.
Weaver = Hinkie
VW to Portland :pray:
reflectiveself
Ballboy

Post#5 » by reflectiveself » Sun Aug 30, 2015 4:18 pm

so who would you be willing to trade? i was looking into a 3 way with phx.. try to get the morris twins back.. I am a utah fan, but I live in phx. the other twin here is going to have to be moved. and the morris twins don't do well apart.. they even share the same bank account.. the twin left behind is crying like no tomorrow.. I keep thinking it would be good for them but I am not 100% sure.

so I thought maybe if there was a 3 say deal where trey could go back home, we get spencer and the morris twins get reunited.

as bad is the morris twins sound. I think that if they where put back together, it would be good. since they experienced what could happen.. they where drafted and traded for at the same time, I think that keep them in a fram of mind like "its meant to be" so they did whatever, now that one was traded they have have had enough shock straighten them up.. and there is no denying there is talent when they play together if you have a good foundation around them.

from what I can tell.. for the trey for spencer you guys would have to through in 2 min in other players. we do have some cap space but I think it would have to be a short term contract.

to get the other morris twin it would have to be about 8 mil and the suns would be more interested in a pf back.

it's hard to just tell from the debth charts you guys look pretty solid at all spots. just not sure of the quality of each player since we don't play very often.

any suggestions?
Collymore
Starter
And1: 2,777

Post#6 » by Collymore » Sun Aug 30, 2015 4:22 pm

Dinwiddie might get cut, he's not worth a 2nd rounder.
kurtis48239
General Manager
And1: 1,056

Post#7 » by kurtis48239 » Sun Aug 30, 2015 5:11 pm

I havent lost faith yet in burke,I think with the right coach and system,he could become an avg starter or good backup pg.
Brapman
Starter
And1: 443

Post#8 » by Brapman » Sun Aug 30, 2015 5:26 pm

Zero interest in Burke. I don't want a forever defensively challenged (short and not athletic enough to make up the difference) backup PG.

Dinwiddie has upside potential but admittedly is blocked now by Jackson. He might also be blocked by Jennings and Blake as the team wants to win and make the playoffs, and he might not be the best choice at this stage in his development to be that backup man. IF he develops the way I hope, he'll be a very valuable backup. Nothing wrong with a 15 minute per game quality backup who is 6'6" and with true PG skills.

That all said, there's really nobody he'd fetch back in a trade that I'd want in return. I'd rather develop him for another season or two, with D league play until he's ready - if he's not already ready - and keep him as insurance against injuries and as a flier into the future. It's not like you guys are going to trade us your starting PF for him. So what's the point on moving him just to move him, when he's potentially fine insurance long-term against key injuries at his position?
Cowology
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 3,685

Post#9 » by Cowology » Sun Aug 30, 2015 5:29 pm

A 2nd rounder or two is about right in terms of value... But with such a low return not really any incentive to move him.
Cowology
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 3,685

Post#10 » by Cowology » Sun Aug 30, 2015 5:32 pm

A 2nd rounder or two is about right in terms of value... But with such a low return not really any incentive to move him.
theBigLip
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 2,762

Post#11 » by theBigLip » Sun Aug 30, 2015 5:47 pm

Spider156 wrote:Darius Morris and Trey Burke should both stayed one more year at Michigan

I don't think so. Once you are in the lottery, you should go pro. I think everyone is realizing his ceiling is role palyer/spot starter though, and I don't think that would have changed with another year at Michigan.
theBigLip
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons

Post#12 » by theBigLip » Sun Aug 30, 2015 5:53 pm

The Pistons future PG rotation could easily be RJ/Dinwiddie. I think Jennings will move on after this year, obviously a lot of question marks about how good he will be when he returns, and he will want a lot of money to be a backup.

Dinwiddie also might not be good enough to be our backup, but that is yet to be seen. This year will be a good test - if he can beat out Blake for #2, then he is looking good and we're not likely to want to trade him for a 2nd rounder. Like Cow said, not a lot of incentive to trade him now - might as well see how he plays this year, especially since he is 100% healthy.

A Burke for Dinwiddie swap doesn't make much sense. I think Burke is better now, but Dinwiddie has more upside.
Snakebites
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 14,772

Post#13 » by Snakebites » Sun Aug 30, 2015 6:36 pm

I'd deal him for a second rounder at this point, but there's little incentive to do so.

Burke is not a natural fit for us. We've got a lot of money invested in Jackson and from a backup perspective we'd want someone who's a better shooter even if we were willing to overlook Burke's poor season last year.
MrBigShot
RealGM
And1: 17,074

Post#14 » by MrBigShot » Sun Aug 30, 2015 6:36 pm

He's not worth much presently. Disappointing SL (which I don't worry about much, he's not suited to glorified pick up ball) and SVG's trade for Steve Blake speaks a bit about his lack of faith in Dinwiddie.

With that said I don't want Burke. Just doesn't look like the player I thought he would be coming out of college.
"They say you miss 100% of the shots you take" - Mike James
Brapman
Starter

Post#15 » by Brapman » Sun Aug 30, 2015 7:17 pm

Nobody wants Burke. Nobody includes the Jazz.
theBigLip
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons

Post#16 » by theBigLip » Sun Aug 30, 2015 7:26 pm

MrBigShot wrote:He's not worth much presently. Disappointing SL (which I don't worry about much, he's not suited to glorified pick up ball) and SVG's trade for Steve Blake speaks a bit about his lack of faith in Dinwiddie.

I think every team needs 3 PGs that can play. I consider the Blake pickup more of an indication of Jennings future and recovery risk than of Dinwiddie's potential. Blake's arrival will actually help DInwiddie anyway. Instead of a D-League scrub on the bench behind Dinwiddie, he will actually have a legit backup that he will have to beat out if he wants minutes.
Brapman
Starter

Post#17 » by Brapman » Sun Aug 30, 2015 7:35 pm

Blake is low risk insurance. If Jennings is healthy enough, he has that job - period - end of story until he's traded. If Dinwiddie beats out Blake for minutes, then he's next in the pecking order. If not, we have a proven backup in Blake who we know will do a decent job.
reflectiveself
Ballboy

Post#18 » by reflectiveself » Sun Aug 30, 2015 7:50 pm

ok one last question... would GS 2017 first round and Boston 2016 2nd round be enough for spencer?
Brapman
Starter

Post#19 » by Brapman » Sun Aug 30, 2015 10:00 pm

Possible.

2017 is supposed to be one of the deepest drafts in a long time. There are something like 28 5-star rated HS seniors this year.
reflectiveself
Ballboy

Post#20 » by reflectiveself » Sun Aug 30, 2015 10:22 pm

ok. thank you all for the conversation, quality board. btw. best luck next season except when you play my jazz :)

Return to Detroit Pistons