ImageImageImage

Marcus morris

Moderators: dVs33, Cowology, Snakebites, theBigLip

aad
Starter
And1: 466

Marcus morris 

Post#1 » by aad » Thu Sep 3, 2015 5:24 pm

Do anyone else have that feeling that hes ready to breakout I was reading his questions on twitter and he told one fan that hes ready to show people that he can be on his on and show people that he dont need to play with his brother

He also seem happy to be a pston he wear alot of piston gear in pics
dVs33
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 1,751

Re: Marcus morris 

Post#2 » by dVs33 » Thu Sep 3, 2015 7:44 pm

we can only hope.
I think he'll be better without his brother, but only time will tell.
The_Irony
Lead Assistant
And1: 411

Post#3 » by The_Irony » Fri Sep 4, 2015 2:25 am

aad wrote:Do anyone else have that feeling that hes ready to breakout I was reading his questions on twitter and he told one fan that hes ready to show people that he can be on his on and show people that he dont need to play with his brother

He also seem happy to be a pston he wear alot of piston gear in pics

When did he say that?
Snakebites
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 14,776

Post#4 » by Snakebites » Fri Sep 4, 2015 5:34 am

I think Morris just isn't that good.

What is it that other people see in him? I am just not getting it.
JohnWall2
Junior
And1: 249

Post#5 » by JohnWall2 » Fri Sep 4, 2015 6:07 am

Snakebites wrote:I think Morris just isn't that good.

What is it that other people see in him? I am just not getting it.

He's not that good to be honest. He can definitely get hot from down town and he's a good rebounder from SF but to be honest theres not a hell of a lot else to get excited about. At least from what I saw of him in Phoenix. Hey maybe I'm wrong and he fits your team well and does better.
tmorgan
RealGM
And1: 6,964

Post#6 » by tmorgan » Fri Sep 4, 2015 9:39 am

What to see in him:

Athletic, tough, pretty good shooter.

None of that matters if he can't get his attitude right, work with his new teammates, and, most of all, care more about basketball than his image. I'm a little worried that they'll be some conflict between Mook and Stanley, because you know Stanimal wants to start at the 3 as soon as possible. I suppose, as others have mentioned, we could eventually start both of them and use Ilyasova off the bench, but Morris would need to play well for that to happen.

I'm dubious but hopeful.
Redeemed
Sixth Man
And1: 419

Post#7 » by Redeemed » Fri Sep 4, 2015 11:04 am

I'm not sure what to expect from Marcus Morris. After all, Morris has done very little with the opportunities he's had thus far. In his defense, he asserts Phoenix held him back. SVG has suggested that there's more to Morris than what he has shown, so maybe that adds credence to Morris' claims. One of the Morris bros biggest issue is their faux thug personas. The Pistons want to be hardnosed and bring back the Bad Boy days, but those teams were intelligent with their physicality.

Still with the those questions marks on the board for Morris, I believe the SVG system and present team makeup will facilitate an extremely productive season for several role players on the team. This season will give Morris an opportunity to establish himself as a productive role player as he keeps Stanimal's starting position warm for him.
ImHeisenberg
Head Coach
And1: 2,323

Post#8 » by ImHeisenberg » Fri Sep 4, 2015 12:45 pm

He's a role player. As long as he tries his best to fulfill that role to his best ability, he can have a solid career in the NBA.

He isn't a star.
hoophabit
Analyst
And1: 1,350

Post#9 » by hoophabit » Fri Sep 4, 2015 1:23 pm

ImHeisenberg wrote:He's a role player. As long as he tries his best to fulfill that role to his best ability, he can have a solid career in the NBA.

He isn't a star.

That's essentially my take on Morris as well. I've seen him look pretty good at times, but don't expect him to lead your team. I'm hopeful that playing without his brother will actually help him. When they're together anything that happens to one of them might as well have happened to both. In fact, it's probably worse because they feed off of each other. Playing without Markieff might make it easier for him to keep his emotions in check. He'll be a help to the Pistons if he just plays his role.
aad
Starter

Post#10 » by aad » Fri Sep 4, 2015 1:52 pm

Hes better then any SF we had here the last 5 years he did average 11 a game last season so we know he can score I know he wont be a star but like others have said he just need to play his role and give us 12 -14 points a night with solid defense
ImHeisenberg
Head Coach
And1: 2,323

Post#11 » by ImHeisenberg » Fri Sep 4, 2015 2:24 pm

aad wrote:Stanley Johnson is better then any SF we had here the last 5 years. he did average 11 a game last season so we know he can score I know he wont be a star but like others have said he just need to play his role and give us 12 -14 points a night with solid defense

Fixed.
Redeemed
Sixth Man
And1: 419

Post#12 » by Redeemed » Fri Sep 4, 2015 3:27 pm

aad wrote:Hes better then any SF we had here the last 5 years he did average 11 a game last season so we know he can score I know he wont be a star but like others have said he just need to play his role and give us 12 -14 points a night with solid defense

Do you think he's better than Khris Middleton? I hate that Middleton never got a shot to show how talented he was.
tmorgan
RealGM
And1: 6,964

Post#13 » by tmorgan » Fri Sep 4, 2015 4:37 pm

That wound is closed... DON'T PICK AT IT.
MrBigShot
RealGM
And1: 17,078

Post#14 » by MrBigShot » Fri Sep 4, 2015 5:08 pm

aad wrote:Hes better then any SF we had here the last 5 years he did average 11 a game last season so we know he can score I know he wont be a star but like others have said he just need to play his role and give us 12 -14 points a night with solid defense

Those 5 years include Tay's final 3 with us before being traded, and he was on par or better than Morris during that time. Selfish at times, but better nonetheless. This will be Morris' 5th year in the league...we know who he is, and he's unlikely to breakout.
"They say you miss 100% of the shots you take" - Mike James
Warspite
RealGM
And1: 1,099

Post#15 » by Warspite » Fri Sep 4, 2015 5:32 pm

How good do you have to be??? He will be the 4th option on a team playing in a 30 team league that only has 12-15 SFs who could make an NBA team in any other era.

If this was 1986 (15 of 24 SFs scored 18ppg or more) Morris would have to face a HoFer every 3rd game I would be worried but in the current NBA Morris might face more talent during practice than he will for a few 10 game stretches.
HomoSapien wrote:Warspite, the greatest poster in the history of realgm.
aad
Starter

Post#16 » by aad » Fri Sep 4, 2015 5:50 pm

tay last few years here was trash before he got traded
MotownMadness
RealGM
And1: 21,885

Post#17 » by MotownMadness » Sat Sep 5, 2015 4:34 am

He's good for his production and contract. I don't expect anything big from him but he's still efficient enough for his role.
joedumars1
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,078

Post#18 » by joedumars1 » Sat Sep 5, 2015 7:14 am

aad wrote:tay last few years here was trash before he got traded

For being our 1-2 option yes
Arp590
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,989

Post#19 » by Arp590 » Sun Sep 6, 2015 6:38 pm

joedumars1 wrote:
aad wrote:tay last few years here was trash before he got traded

For being our 1-2 option yes

He wasn't our 1-2 option, he just thought he was.
He was a terrible, selfish, ball stopper. He killed all ball movement and offensive flow.
So happy to see him leave the first time, angry when we brought him back.
The_Irony
Lead Assistant
And1: 411

Post#20 » by The_Irony » Sun Sep 6, 2015 9:28 pm

Tays block was legendary and his initial "blossoming" guarding Tmac in the 1st rd are his crowd jewel achievements but overall I didn't like his game or his attitude. F Tayshaun.

Ben could have been a Detroit Icon but left to go to the Bulls. Ive never seen him the same after that.

Chauncey was traded so his legacy remains in tact. Rip is a tweener and Sheed is a guy we love but none of these guys have that Bad Boy Pistons legacy. Sign of the times though with Free Agency and what not.

Return to Detroit Pistons