Moderators: Snakebites, theBigLip, dVs33

BigFatBob
Banned User
And1: 341

Re: Game 14: Detroit Pistons (7-6) @ Milwaukee Bucks (5-8) 8:00 PM ET 

Post#421 » by BigFatBob » Wed Nov 25, 2015 12:13 am

DBC10 wrote:
BigFatBob wrote:
Neptune wrote:Somewhere in Drummond's heart he has a soft spot for Moose and Middleton...I sorta expected him to not play his hardest tonight. That 15 and 15 could have been 25 and 25 if he wanted it... :blank:

Good ass game by Monroe though. Damn, why didn't we just give Monroe his money! I believed in our twin towers. :nonono:

No, the "Orlando Magic" offensive gameplan isn't good. You remember that same "Orlando Magic" offense we use to smash all the time back in the day?

good post and awareness. Andre was for sure lackadaisical on defense when contesting Greg Monroe. Over time we have expect him to play more physical against his former teammate

I get the feeling Monroe sort of took Dre under his wing a bit and they probably scrimmaged against each other a lot. Since Monroe has a bevy of post moves, he probably worked with Dre on a couple along the coaching staff. The sentimentality angle is definitely there.

Agreed 100%
Blkbrd671
RealGM
And1: 4,819

Post#422 » by Blkbrd671 » Wed Nov 25, 2015 12:38 am

"It has to be a habit thing," Van Gundy said. "If you're relying on your emotion to play hard every night, like I'm really up for this game, then you're going to have problems in an 82-game season. Because I don't know how often you can really get yourself up. What you have to do is be a professional and develop a habit so that the way you play all the time is what comes out. I was really disappointed."
Spider156
Head Coach
And1: 1,358

Post#423 » by Spider156 » Wed Nov 25, 2015 1:10 am

Blkbrd671 wrote:
"It has to be a habit thing," Van Gundy said. "If you're relying on your emotion to play hard every night, like I'm really up for this game, then you're going to have problems in an 82-game season. Because I don't know how often you can really get yourself up. What you have to do is be a professional and develop a habit so that the way you play all the time is what comes out. I was really disappointed."

It's comments like this that give me hope. Guy knows how to coach and what to expect from a winning team. Culture is definitely changing. Expectations are higher from the fans and the players. We're getting better.
Defense wins championships
Redeemed
Sixth Man
And1: 419

Post#424 » by Redeemed » Wed Nov 25, 2015 1:32 pm

russkopp wrote:Did anyone see Middleton rip Dre after the game to the media. "We know Dre can't handle contact, once he misses a few shots he gots down on himself then starts to force bad shots. Greg did a great job of forcing touch shots and not forcing the left hand."

Surprised he said that and I have a lot of respect for what Kidd is doing.

I read that and I'd have to say it depends on what Middleton means by "can't handle contact". Drummond gets down if he's messing up. If you can get Drummond to hurry his shot or play fast than he should, he becomes really ineffective. That analysis makes perfect sense.

But if he means to say Drummond is soft and shies away from contact, that's inaccurate. I hope Drummond takes the comments to heart even to the point of feeling like Middleton is calling him soft. It would be great to see Drummond use this as bulletin board material and destroy the Bucks and the rest of the league.

#WakeTheSleepingGiant
Hoops23
General Manager
And1: 1,267

Post#425 » by Hoops23 » Thu Nov 26, 2015 12:18 am

kurtis48239 wrote:
BMatt07 wrote:
kurtis48239 wrote:Try reading the bucks board.They are already questioning moose.Mean while dre is avg 19/18 for the season.

As a whole, the Bucks board has been very happy with the addition of Monroe.

There has been some frustration with his lack of effort on defense, I will admit. On offense however, he's been great. He's a great passer out of the low post, and seems to be willing rebounder.

You pretty much summed up what I was reading,some posts worse than others..

But the fact is,why would we have kept moose over dre,no one in their right mind would of kept moose over dre.

correction, I'm not saying Pistons should have kept Monroe instead but Pistons should kept him too or at least they have get something for him in return if they just sign him for at least 3 yr deal in 2014 when he became a restricted free agent.

Return to Detroit Pistons