Kings accepting offers on Cousins

Moderators: Cowology, Snakebites, theBigLip, dVs33

Manocad
RealGM
And1: 10,561

Re: Kings accepting offers on Cousins 

Post#41 » by Manocad » Sun May 1, 2016 4:57 am

Todd3 wrote:
Manocad wrote:And Cousins will want to come to Detroit why again?

He's not a FA. It's not up to him.

That doesn't change the question.
Todd3
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,086

Post#42 » by Todd3 » Sun May 1, 2016 5:00 am

Manocad wrote:
Todd3 wrote:
Manocad wrote:And Cousins will want to come to Detroit why again?

He's not a FA. It's not up to him.

That doesn't change the question.

No, it makes the question irrelevant.
Manocad
RealGM

Post#43 » by Manocad » Sun May 1, 2016 5:09 am

Yeah, because trading for a player who doesn't want to play for your team is irrelevant.
Todd3
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,086

Post#44 » by Todd3 » Sun May 1, 2016 5:26 am

Manocad wrote:Yeah, because trading for a player who doesn't want to play for your team is irrelevant.

That wasn't your question. You asked why he would want to come to Detroit.
Manocad
RealGM

Post#45 » by Manocad » Sun May 1, 2016 5:35 am

Todd3 wrote:
Manocad wrote:Yeah, because trading for a player who doesn't want to play for your team is irrelevant.

And I just demonstrated why it was a relevant question. So again, why would Cousins want to play for Detroit?
SAKURABA216
Starter
And1: 817

Post#46 » by SAKURABA216 » Wed May 4, 2016 1:33 am

Manocad wrote:
Todd3 wrote:

And I just demonstrated why it was a relevant question. So again, why would Cousins want to play for Detroit?

You could honestly ask this question of anyone in the league and yet we manage to have a team year after year. SVG will be the best coach Cousins has ever played for. Cousins seems like he wants to win and he wants to play for a coach that he respects and can be a mentored by. He seemed to have adored coach Malone and SVG is a better coach than Malone was and is a much more mature and level-headed coach than Karl is. Most importantly, SVG has proven that he can succeed by building a team and running an offense through a big man. Cousins, to his credit, is one of the best centers in the league and I think his career could benefit by playing here and we can benefit by having him on our team. Once he starts winning games, he'll start to buy in.
Manocad
RealGM

Post#47 » by Manocad » Wed May 4, 2016 1:38 am

SAKURABA216 wrote:
Manocad wrote:
Todd3 wrote:

You could honestly ask this question of anyone in the league and yet we manage to have a team year after year. SVG will be the best coach Cousins has ever played for. Cousins seems like he wants to win and he wants to play for a coach that he respects and can be a mentored by. He seemed to have adored coach Malone and SVG is a better coach than Malone was and is a much more mature and level-headed coach than Karl is. Most importantly, SVG has proven that he can succeed by building a team and running an offense through a big man. Cousins, to his credit, is one of the best centers in the league and I think his career could benefit by playing here and we can benefit by having him on our team. Once he starts winning games, he'll start to buy in.

A well thought answer but I disagree. IMO Cousins has "paycheck player" tattooed on his forehead.
Pharaoh
RealGM
And1: 4,565

Re: Re: Re: Kings accepting offers on Cousins 

Post#48 » by Pharaoh » Wed May 4, 2016 2:13 am

SAKURABA216 wrote:
Manocad wrote:
Todd3 wrote:

Does Cousins not realise that in order to start winning games he not only has to buy in he has to demand his team mates do too?

At some point it's on him to be a leader - I don't blame him (solo) for losing year after year - but I do blame him for the locker room dysfunction!

As a leader he doesnt buy in - so if your leader doesn't show 100% commitment to the cause why would any other player fall in line?

That's why Cousins never wins - because he's not 100% invested
Southern Piston
Senior
And1: 95

Post#49 » by Southern Piston » Wed May 4, 2016 3:39 am

I'm in for a package deal of KCP, 2016, 2018 1st rd picks, Joel Anthony, Meeks, Dimmwiddie, and BAines for Cousins, and Collison.
sfballa13
Assistant Coach
And1: 928

Post#50 » by sfballa13 » Wed May 4, 2016 3:41 am

Southern Piston wrote:I'm in for a package deal of KCP, 2016, 2018 1st rd picks, Joel Anthony, Meeks, Dimmwiddie, and BAines for Cousins, and Collison.

Id throw in Stanley and Mook if needed

Reggie - FA - Tobias - Cousins - Drummond

We can figure out the rest later

That's two starters, a great value in Mook, two to three first round picks

Doubt Kings even look our way without Drummond who knows with Dumb Divac though
In SVG We Trust
Starter
And1: 1,399

Post#51 » by In SVG We Trust » Wed May 4, 2016 6:37 am

People who put a 2k team with Cousins at PF are so lovely, like they were big children or something like that.
Brapman
Starter
And1: 443

Post#52 » by Brapman » Wed May 4, 2016 8:00 pm

Team cancer. Just freaking move on already.
RexRyan
Rookie
And1: 408

Post#53 » by RexRyan » Wed May 4, 2016 8:16 pm

Cousins should go to the Rockets - he and Harden were made for each other
The Penguin
"Beat The Commish" Champion/Mr. Clean Slate
And1: 4,107

Post#54 » by The Penguin » Wed May 4, 2016 8:23 pm

The only way a Pistons - Cousins deal makes sense is if Boogie is going to a 3rd team that doesn't have young pieces the Kings want. Something like Boogie going to Chicago, us getting Butler and the Kings getting Stanimal - KCP - McDermott - etc.
The Penguin
"Beat The Commish" Champion/Mr. Clean Slate
And1: 4,107

Post#55 » by The Penguin » Wed May 4, 2016 8:25 pm

RexRyan wrote:Cousins should go to the Rockets - he and Harden were made for each other

I've formed that duo more than once in a 2K franchise...
DBC10
General Manager
And1: 2,799

Post#56 » by DBC10 » Wed May 4, 2016 9:10 pm

The Penguin wrote:The only way a Pistons - Cousins deal makes sense is if Boogie is going to a 3rd team that doesn't have young pieces the Kings want. Something like Boogie going to Chicago, us getting Butler and the Kings getting Stanimal - KCP - McDermott - etc.

Good point. A deal this big and complicated would have to be at least a 3 way trade. I don't think we have enough assets to do a straight up trade with them. Someone like BOS or CHI would have to come in and facilitate something.

I think LA would be more on the phones with SAC more than us IMO. If they get the 1st pick, it's almost in the air that they'll be ringing Vlade's phone and he'll most likely pick it up over us.

Cousins goes to a big market, play for Walton who's a great player's coach and a stable FO headed by Kupchak. It'd be a win win for that. Similar sentiment for Cousins possible desire to go to BOS as well. I can't fathom why we would be on his short-list tbh, other than the fact that SVG and a stable FO. Him and Dre coexisting together productively is reasonably unknown too, he loves playing center.

Return to Detroit Pistons