ImageImageImage

Around the League

Moderators: Cowology, Snakebites, theBigLip, dVs33

MrBigShot
RealGM
And1: 17,077

Re: Around the League 

Post#581 » by MrBigShot » Sun Aug 28, 2016 1:56 am

Benefit of the doubt rarely given on the GB is an understatement to say the least, some of the stuff that happens is completely ridiculous.

Even in a comment trying to explain why he doesn't worry about money he still manages to throw in a jab at Beal getting paid more.
"They say you miss 100% of the shots you take" - Mike James
Han Solo
General Manager
And1: 7,443

Post#582 » by Han Solo » Sun Aug 28, 2016 2:10 pm

zeebneeb wrote:
Pharaoh wrote:Hate to say it Zeeb but I've issued that recommendation multiple times since returning here and obviously some don't believe it.

It is what it is. Not condoning the actions of the Mod in question either but we all know the deal by now
Yeah I have read them and I have always tried to tread lightly with my snark but when the admin of the entire site upholds a "strike"(what am I 12?) against me for no reason, it's time to completely abandon the general board.

I'm done with it, and may just end up being done with the whole damn thing. This has really gotten under my skin.

This place is pathetic. I stay just because of you guys.
Han Solo
General Manager

Post#583 » by Han Solo » Sun Aug 28, 2016 2:14 pm

"don't call out a mod".. Funny **** right there. Sissy boys.
zeebneeb
RealGM
And1: 10,722

Post#584 » by zeebneeb » Sun Aug 28, 2016 8:49 pm

Han Solo wrote:"don't call out a mod".. Funny **** right there. Sissy boys.
I dont read these dispatches as I dont really care to be honest.

I appreciate the words Piston Mods, but if a Mod needs calling out, I will do it, plain and simple. I'm not going to back down from anyone and certainly not someone who is supposed to keep order and peace. I did it about 6 months ago when a mod tried some underhanded crap, and with the help of a mod here it was swiftly taken care of.(again thanks, you know who you are)

Ever since the "debacle" ill go head on, and will not care one tiny little bit.
Pharaoh
RealGM
And1: 4,565

Post#585 » by Pharaoh » Sun Aug 28, 2016 11:43 pm

Easy solution to the Mod issue:

They shouldn't post on the forum they actually moderate!

That way they don't get into arguments and pull the power trip.
Blkbrd671
RealGM
And1: 4,819

Post#586 » by Blkbrd671 » Mon Aug 29, 2016 1:20 am

zeebneeb wrote:

I appreciate the words Piston Mods, but if a Mod needs calling out, I will do it, plain and simple. I'm not going to back down from anyone and certainly not someone who is supposed to keep order and peace. I did it about 6 months ago when a mod tried some underhanded crap, and with the help of a mod here it was swiftly taken care of.(again thanks, you know who you are)

Guys Roc was in fact giving you a verbal warning before Howard or Tsherkin reads all of this and "takes action against your account". The mass dispatch reads

These are all unacceptable and Users who decide to bash a Moderator on any RealGM Forum will have action taken against their account.

If anyone has a problem with a Moderator, simply send me a PM.

So instead of trashing or discussing moderator lets discuss this policy.

It seems to be because of another fan base, but our fan base is directly impacted by it. Our mods on more than one occasion have gone to bat for our Detroit posters (including me) and for the most part they have allowed us to discuss "the injustices" committed by certain moderators on our board. I believe with this new rule, we can't even do that and our mods can't shield us from any action.

pending moderator clarification.....

My problem is that it further funnels a problems on RealGM directly to "a moderator" who statistically will probably do nothing . Just a friendly reminder to everyone that we are all still at the mercy of Rah!
Han Solo
General Manager

Post#587 » by Han Solo » Mon Aug 29, 2016 1:15 pm

Blkbrd671 wrote:
zeebneeb wrote:

Guys Roc was in fact giving you a verbal warning before Howard or Tsherkin reads all of this and "takes action against your account". The mass dispatch reads

These are all unacceptable and Users who decide to bash a Moderator on any RealGM Forum will have action taken against their account.

If anyone has a problem with a Moderator, simply send me a PM.

So instead of trashing or discussing moderator lets discuss this policy.

It seems to be because of another fan base, but our fan base is directly impacted by it. Our mods on more than one occasion have gone to bat for our Detroit posters (including me) and for the most part they have allowed us to discuss "the injustices" committed by certain moderators on our board. I believe with this new rule, we can't even do that and our mods can't shield us from any action.

pending moderator clarification.....

My problem is that it further funnels a problems on RealGM directly to "a moderator" who statistically will probably do nothing . Just a friendly reminder to everyone that we are all still at the mercy of Rah!

It's a **** show here. That is pretty clear.
roc
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 983

Post#588 » by roc » Tue Aug 30, 2016 2:57 am

Blkbrd671 wrote:Guys Roc was in fact giving you a verbal warning before Howard or Tsherkin reads all of this and "takes action against your account".

was just a 'heads up' for everyone.
the crux of the biscuit is the apostrophe
zeebneeb
RealGM

Post#589 » by zeebneeb » Tue Aug 30, 2016 9:06 pm

I appreciate it roc. Don't ever doubt that. It's the main reason I almost never post in other teams boards, but for some reason I'm compelled to post on the General board.

It's sad that the administration can't quite seem to figure it out and have created "factions" within each board. It is what it is though, and it's all about that ad revenue not the user experience. This is obvious just by the sheer amount of ads, and redirects one gets just by visiting this site. Everytime I open a page a have to click stop twice to stop something from loading otherwise I can't even navigate this bastard.

There's a seeming lack of balance in all forms here, but the Pistons board is an oasis amongst a sea of refuse and you, and the other Pistons mods have made that possible.

Thank you.
Blkbrd671
RealGM

Post#590 » by Blkbrd671 » Tue Aug 30, 2016 10:54 pm

roc wrote:
Blkbrd671 wrote:Guys Roc was in fact giving you a verbal warning before Howard or Tsherkin reads all of this and "takes action against your account".

was just a 'heads up' for everyone.

My bad, A heads up
zeebneeb
RealGM

Post#591 » by zeebneeb » Mon Sep 5, 2016 8:22 pm

So I've again been perusing other boards and the hype-trains are reaching critical speeds on certain boards and when they derail it's gonna be messy. This is only a small snippet from one thread in a sea of obvious delusion.

From the Orlando board on if the Magic will make the playoffs; (75% believe they will)

"Payton/Augustin/Watson
-> A top 15 starter at PG coupled to perhaps the best bench PG and an amazing 3rd stringer.

Fournier/Wilcox/Meeks*
-> A top 10 starter at SG. Weakness on the bench met by depth at SF. Orlando needs Meeks to get healthy.

Gordon/Hezonja
-> A top 15 starter at SF with amazing depth on the bench and and an ability to rotate with the PF slot.

Ibaka/Green
-> A top 5 starter at PF with a very, very deep ability to rotate within the SF and C slots.

Vučević/Biyombo/Zimmerman
-> A top 10 starter at C with perhaps the best bench C in the league.
"

"I know I'm a homer but I can't see this team being any worse than top 10 in the league."

If Orlando is a top ten team next year I'll eat my hat. If Orlando makes the playoffs I'll be very surprised.
chrbal
RealGM
And1: 1,651

Post#592 » by chrbal » Tue Sep 6, 2016 3:21 pm

They'll be a possible playoff team(7-8 seed) no way top ten.
Pharaoh
RealGM
And1: 4,565

Re: RE: Re: Around the League 

Post#593 » by Pharaoh » Wed Sep 7, 2016 4:02 am

zeebneeb wrote:So I've again been perusing other boards and the hype-trains are reaching critical speeds on certain boards and when they derail it's gonna be messy. This is only a small snippet from one thread in a sea of obvious delusion.

From the Orlando board on if the Magic will make the playoffs; (75% believe they will)

"Payton/Augustin/Watson
-> A top 15 starter at PG coupled to perhaps the best bench PG and an amazing 3rd stringer.

Fournier/Wilcox/Meeks*
-> A top 10 starter at SG. Weakness on the bench met by depth at SF. Orlando needs Meeks to get healthy.

Gordon/Hezonja
-> A top 15 starter at SF with amazing depth on the bench and and an ability to rotate with the PF slot.

Ibaka/Green
-> A top 5 starter at PF with a very, very deep ability to rotate within the SF and C slots.

Vučević/Biyombo/Zimmerman
-> A top 10 starter at C with perhaps the best bench C in the league.
"

"I know I'm a homer but I can't see this team being any worse than top 10 in the league."

If Orlando is a top ten team next year I'll eat my hat. If Orlando makes the playoffs I'll be very surprised.

Bro, you could do that with every fanbase out there.

There's probably a Warriors fan that doesn't believe it's gonna work too!

Magic have what could be a DOMINANT PF/C rotation:

Biyombo 24, Vuc 24
Ibaka 30, Vuc 8, AG 8

Wings lack shooting unless Meeks can get healthy, in which case I'd roll:

AG 20, Green 18, Mario 10
Fournier 30, Meeks 18

PG is Payton & DJ, we all know what DJ can and can't do.

They surely won't suck - Vogel is too good & their bigs are quality.

Hate to say it but Gordon is the key for them. If he really breaks out they'll surprise people
MotownMadness
RealGM
And1: 21,885

Post#594 » by MotownMadness » Wed Sep 7, 2016 4:24 am

I got Magic plugged in or fighting for the 7th or 8th seed. Vogel is a good coach especially defensively and they got him some nice defensive pieces. They just won't have the offense to be much of a threat to everyone above them in my opinion.
Blkbrd671
RealGM

Post#595 » by Blkbrd671 » Wed Sep 7, 2016 4:55 am

MotownMadness wrote:I got Magic plugged in or fighting for the 7th or 8th seed. Vogel is a good coach especially defensively and they got him some nice defensive pieces. They just won't have the offense to be much of a threat to everyone above them in my opinion.

Honsetly main , I am excited to see what he can do with this roster. When you look at what he did with a sh* indiana roster(in comparison to this)
zeebneeb
RealGM

Post#596 » by zeebneeb » Wed Sep 7, 2016 12:40 pm

My primary issue is Gordon. I just don't see it. My opinion is not coming from a place of ignorance either having watched an abnormal amount of magic games last season.

He is absolutely never going to be Paul George. He to me is more of an energy guy, or a 6th man not a primary option.

I like the coaching change to be sure, but man are they going to struggle to score something fierce. Who is the primary scorer on that team? Fournier? Vuc? Mario? So easy to defend as no one commands a double or special attention on defense. Payton Ibaka pick and roll? Payton Biyombo? Payton Vuc? Payton Gordon? None of those scare me in the slightest. Now defensively they should be vastly improved but that still remains to be seen.

Pharaoh I get that you could say that about any team, but I'm focusing on the teams that were bad last year, and now all of a sudden the fan bases are just irrational.

Should the magic be better? Based on the new coach, absolutely. Will they be? That remains to be seen. The East as a whole will be super competitive this year and a poor start will doom some teams to another year of no playoffs and that's how I see the magic.

I'm going to assume that Vuc is staying in the starting lineup here;

Payton
Fournier
Gordon (mistake at SF)
Ibaka
Vuc

This lineup would be pretty damn good if Gordon was Paul George, Payton was Hill, and Vuc was a +defender. Unfortunately, none of those are true. Let's say for defensive purposes you move Ibaka to the C, and start Biyombo at PF. How does this group score? They are going to block a ton of shots but in a half court set what happens here?

Pulling teeth on offense, all of the time. I would start Mario at the SF and roll with;

Payton
Fournier
Mario
Gordon
Ibaka

That gives them more shooting, and a healthier offense, while also making a bench rotation that makes sense.

Mario was the 5th damn pick, he needs to get more burn and to not play Gordon at the SF.

In the end they have a bunch of fine pieces, but like the Bucks of last year, I just don't see how they will fit together unless they make some drastic lineup changes.
Andre Roberstan
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 6,623

Post#597 » by Andre Roberstan » Thu Sep 8, 2016 10:11 pm

Swung by to see what the feeling was on the team coming into the season and noticed you guys talking about the Thunder a couple of pages back.

As far as I know the projected starting lineup is Westbrook/Oladipo/Roberson/Ilyasova/Adams. The spacing is utter trash, but barring Singler suddenly remembering that he's a basketball player or Roberson suddenly realizing he can shoot it's going to be awfully hard to upgrade straight away.

According to Smitty's report from Summer League, they think Sabonis can start over Ilyasova in the second half of the year.

We're super logjammed in the frontcourt and most of those guys can't defend. Plus we're at 16 guaranteed contracts. Most likely McGary's gone.

I'd guess everyone not named Westbrook, Oladipo or Adams is available in trade. Presuming we can move Kanter it's quite possible to open a max slot for Griffin or Hayward next year.

There's zero chance of it happening, but I'd love to see us try to get Stanjo. Our wing rotation is so so bad.
tmorgan
RealGM
And1: 6,961

Post#598 » by tmorgan » Thu Sep 8, 2016 10:44 pm

dbrandon wrote:Swung by to see what the feeling was on the team coming into the season and noticed you guys talking about the Thunder a couple of pages back.

As far as I know the projected starting lineup is Westbrook/Oladipo/Roberson/Ilyasova/Adams. The spacing is utter trash, but barring Singler suddenly remembering that he's a basketball player or Roberson suddenly realizing he can shoot it's going to be awfully hard to upgrade straight away.

According to Smitty's report from Summer League, they think Sabonis can start over Ilyasova in the second half of the year.

We're super logjammed in the frontcourt and most of those guys can't defend. Plus we're at 16 guaranteed contracts. Most likely McGary's gone.

I'd guess everyone not named Westbrook, Oladipo or Adams is available in trade. Presuming we can move Kanter it's quite possible to open a max slot for Griffin or Hayward next year.

There's zero chance of it happening, but I'd love to see us try to get Stanjo. Our wing rotation is so so bad.

I will be seriously upset if the Pistons trade Stanley Johnson for anything he could reasonably (or even unreasonably) fetch. There's just something about that kid that screams "extremely important part of the future of the franchise." I'm not sure how he's going to be star, let alone a superstar, but guys like him just make it happen.
Andre Roberstan
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 6,623

Post#599 » by Andre Roberstan » Thu Sep 8, 2016 10:46 pm

tmorgan wrote:I will be seriously upset if the Pistons trade Stanley Johnson for anything he could reasonably (or even unreasonably) fetch. There's just something about that kid that screams "extremely important part of the future of the franchise." I'm not sure how he's going to be star, let alone a superstar, but guys like him just make it happen.

Stanjo is one of the young guys I have irrational love for, along with TJ Warren, Rodney Hood, and Gary Harris. Zero fear in him.
tmorgan
RealGM
And1: 6,961

Post#600 » by tmorgan » Thu Sep 8, 2016 10:47 pm

dbrandon wrote:Stanjo is one of the young guys I have irrational love for, along with TJ Warren, Rodney Hood, and Gary Harris. Zero fear in him.

Go with Stanimal, though. Stanjo sounds too much like banjo. It's goofy.

Return to Detroit Pistons