ImageImageImage

Around the League

Moderators: dVs33, Cowology, Snakebites, theBigLip

In SVG We Trust
Starter
And1: 1,399

Re: Around the League 

Post#1101 » by In SVG We Trust » Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:02 pm

I wouldn't bet for them, but the Rockets got soooo many more possibilities to beat any team in this league than the Celtics winning against those other teams or against whatever team which reach the Finals.
El Chivo
Starter
And1: 969

Post#1102 » by El Chivo » Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:44 pm

Ny cut Jennings
You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows.
Snakebites
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 14,776

Post#1103 » by Snakebites » Mon Feb 27, 2017 3:17 pm

Yeah, I feel badly for Brandon Jennings.

He proved himself for this team before going down with an injury that will be remembered as the downfall of his career.

A rare example of someone who I hated early on but grew to like during his time with the Pistons, and his story is very unfortunate.
joeposh
Pro Prospect
And1: 413

Post#1104 » by joeposh » Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:29 pm

Wouldn't be surprised to see the Wizards pick him up. Back-up PG is still a real issue for them (sorry Trey).
Han Solo
General Manager
And1: 7,443

Post#1105 » by Han Solo » Mon Feb 27, 2017 5:11 pm

I want Jennings back!!
Natopher
Veteran
And1: 802

Post#1106 » by Natopher » Mon Feb 27, 2017 5:23 pm

Idk if it's possible to sign players to long-term contracts the same season as they've been released, but if so, I think we should release Hilliard (sorry, Darrun) and sign Jennings to a 2-3 year contract right now with the contingency that he knows he might not play much (if at all) this year, but he'll absolutely be in the rotation next year. The dude excelled under SVG after Josh Smith was waived, and he had some major heart and a no-nonsense attitude. He was all about the team.

He's not having the best season this year, but that's honestly really hard to tell if that's because of him/his former injury or because he's on the Knicks. If he's fully recovered, I don't see why he can't excel under SVG again. Also, Andre loved playing with Jennings. If you wanna fix Andre's attitude, jettison Reggie from the team in the offseason and start Jennings again next year.
DBC10
General Manager
And1: 2,799

Post#1107 » by DBC10 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 7:00 pm

We sure could use someone like Jennings right now. A scorer with also a smooth passing game.

He made Dre look like an all-star lob catcher. I remember the Lakers off the backboard oop that got even the Lakers fans going. I don't think we've seen one this season yet. Kinda tells the story of this season tbh.
bballnmike
Veteran
And1: 1,531

Post#1108 » by bballnmike » Mon Feb 27, 2017 8:26 pm

Sucks for the Raptors.

SVG has said Jennings is going to CHA, but sure looks like Toronto could use him. Washington too

Read on Twitter
jakebernat
Sixth Man
And1: 767

Post#1109 » by jakebernat » Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:14 pm

DBC10 wrote:We sure could use someone like Jennings right now. A scorer with also a smooth passing game.

He made Dre look like an all-star lob catcher. I remember the Lakers off the backboard oop that got even the Lakers fans going. I don't think we've seen one this season yet. Kinda tells the story of this season tbh.

A lack of backboard lobs tells the story of the season? lol come on man, you're better than this.

If anything, I think Drummond trying to take off from a foot too far and completely shanking a wide open dunk last night is more of a microcosm of the season
DBC10
General Manager
And1: 2,799

Post#1110 » by DBC10 » Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:27 am

jakebernat wrote:
DBC10 wrote:We sure could use someone like Jennings right now. A scorer with also a smooth passing game.

A lack of backboard lobs tells the story of the season? lol come on man, you're better than this.

If anything, I think Drummond trying to take off from a foot too far and completely shanking a wide open dunk last night is more of a microcosm of the season

No, I meant that a lack of excitement from the backboard lobs AMONG other things tells the story of our woeful season.

This season hasn't been fun to watch at all except a few bright spots like KCP, Ish, Tobias etc.
need4detroit
Analyst
And1: 769

Post#1111 » by need4detroit » Wed Mar 1, 2017 12:21 am

He is.

Anyways, I agree, I miss me some swag.
Detroit Sports Videos http://www.youtube.com/user/need4detroit
bkseven wrote:He's between average and above average.
bballnmike
Veteran
And1: 1,531

Post#1112 » by bballnmike » Wed Mar 1, 2017 4:12 am

I know what you guys mean, but Jackson literally made Dre an all-star lob catcher last year lol.
Pharaoh
RealGM
And1: 4,565

Re: RE: Re: Around the League 

Post#1113 » by Pharaoh » Wed Mar 1, 2017 2:22 pm

DBC10 wrote:
jakebernat wrote:

No, I meant that a lack of excitement from the backboard lobs AMONG other things tells the story of our woeful season.

This season hasn't been fun to watch at all except a few bright spots like KCP, Ish, Tobias etc.

The longer the season goes the more I appreciate good team basketball and quality D from some Pistons that I've supported for a while.

Tobias & KCP (& Ish) are shining lights for most of this season while SJ is really coming on lately!

Jon Boy & Marcus (& Baynes) can bring it too just less frequently thus far

Sent from my SM-J110F using RealGM mobile app
Billl
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,380

Post#1114 » by Billl » Wed Mar 1, 2017 10:19 pm

SJ "coming on" is a vast overstatement. He was useless to start the season. Now he's at least playing solid defense again.

Realistically, this time last year he was coming off a February of 11/6/3 where he got injured a bit near the end. This year his Feb is 5/3/2. He's almost halfway back to the promising player he was a year ago. Hopefully he keeps on the an upward trend because he brings a whole different level of defense to this team when he is locked in.
El Chivo
Starter
And1: 969

Post#1115 » by El Chivo » Thu Mar 2, 2017 8:53 am

Billl wrote:SJ "coming on" is a vast overstatement. He was useless to start the season. Now he's at least playing solid defense again.

Realistically, this time last year he was coming off a February of 11/6/3 where he got injured a bit near the end. This year his Feb is 5/3/2. He's almost halfway back to the promising player he was a year ago. Hopefully he keeps on the an upward trend because he brings a whole different level of defense to this team when he is locked in.

SVG is doing everything he can to waste every pick he did.
You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows.
Snakebites
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 14,776

Post#1116 » by Snakebites » Thu Mar 2, 2017 3:28 pm

Kinda bummed out by Embiid.

After everything I'm rooting for the kid, and this is a setback.
Pharaoh
RealGM

Post#1117 » by Pharaoh » Fri Mar 3, 2017 8:55 am

Billl wrote:SJ "coming on" is a vast overstatement. He was useless to start the season. Now he's at least playing solid defense again.

There's more to SJ than pure stats dude.

His level of play over the last month is probably better than we've seen since he was drafted.

MrBigShot
RealGM
And1: 17,079

Post#1118 » by MrBigShot » Fri Mar 3, 2017 10:16 am

Eh this month isn't even the best we've seen him play this season, January was his best month.
"They say you miss 100% of the shots you take" - Mike James
Billl
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,380

Post#1119 » by Billl » Fri Mar 3, 2017 5:31 pm

Pharaoh wrote:

His level of play over the last month is probably better than we've seen since he was drafted.

Being a hustle guy is fine. We need that. You can't be a hustle guy scoring 5 points and be a starter in the NBA, let alone a key building block. SJ is a prospect because he has the talent to do more than just provide energy. He hasn't shown much of that this year though.
Pharaoh
RealGM

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Around the League 

Post#1120 » by Pharaoh » Mon Mar 6, 2017 11:23 am

Billl wrote:
Pharaoh wrote:

Being a hustle guy is fine. We need that. You can't be a hustle guy scoring 5 points and be a starter in the NBA, let alone a key building block. SJ is a prospect because he has the talent to do more than just provide energy. He hasn't shown much of that this year though.

You don't need to score the ball to dominate a game though.

Let the kid get his 3rd & 4th seasons completed before we pass final judgement of him as a player!

Return to Detroit Pistons