ImageImageImage

Another Baines trade idea

Moderators: Cowology, Snakebites, theBigLip, dVs33

Southern Piston
Senior
And1: 95

Another Baines trade idea 

Post#1 » by Southern Piston » Sun Sep 11, 2016 9:19 pm

I don't know if New Orleans goes for it but with the west already basically won, I think they might consider the value of Bullocks, and his efficiency as a steady piece next to Davis with Heild, Moore, So HIll and Bullocks. BAines, Asik, Davis, and Ajinca. My proposal of BAines, Bullocks, and Lorenzo Brown for Tyreke Evans and Cheik Diallo, we get a piece that might get us to the ECF, and another platooning young big man skill set to the mix.
MotownMadness
RealGM
And1: 21,884

Re: Another Baines trade idea 

Post#2 » by MotownMadness » Mon Sep 12, 2016 1:11 am

Seems like a big ripoff for the Pelicans seeing as the best player by a wide margins is Tyreke and the best prospect is Diallo and his contract.
Pharaoh
RealGM
And1: 4,565

Post#3 » by Pharaoh » Mon Sep 12, 2016 2:40 am

Baynes is not what they need and Bullock is just another middling talent

You're not getting Evans for that package...and we don't need a guy like Evans anyway

If we're trading we need to bring in a quality back up SG
Andre Roberstan
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 6,623

Post#4 » by Andre Roberstan » Mon Sep 12, 2016 8:27 pm

Pharaoh wrote:Baynes is not what they need and Bullock is just another middling talent

You're not getting Evans for that package...and we don't need a guy like Evans anyway

For what it's worth, word from Smitty and some other media is that Evans is basically 200% available. They're asking for nothing in return.

Yes, he's a talented player. But he's a black hole, he's had 3 knee surgeries in 9 months, and he's likely to miss at least the first half of the season and expires at the end of it.

I don't think DET considers it because they want guys who can play, but Evans just flat doesn't have trade value at the momen.
Pharaoh
RealGM

Re: RE: Re: Another Baines trade idea 

Post#5 » by Pharaoh » Tue Sep 13, 2016 2:14 am

dbrandon wrote:
Pharaoh wrote:Baynes is not what they need and Bullock is just another middling talent

For what it's worth, word from Smitty and some other media is that Evans is basically 200% available. They're asking for nothing in return.

Yes, he's a talented player. But he's a black hole, he's had 3 knee surgeries in 9 months, and he's likely to miss at least the first half of the season and expires at the end of it.

I don't think DET considers it because they want guys who can play, but Evans just flat doesn't have trade value at the momen.

So why trade for him?

He's 200% available
He's had 3 knee surgeries
He'll miss half the season
He's expiring

I'll roll with Bull 1000%
russkopp
Analyst
And1: 1,043

Post#6 » by russkopp » Wed Sep 21, 2016 1:15 am

I think Baynes gets moved this season, possibly with our first round pick attached. Boban was signed for safety if Baynes leaves but I doubt SVG and crew are paying $21 mill for a third center.

Wait until a team has an injury and needs a big then we swoop in with a solid center and first round pick for a super sub.
Fire Troy Weaver
Pharaoh
RealGM

Post#7 » by Pharaoh » Wed Sep 21, 2016 1:37 am

russkopp wrote:I think Baynes gets moved this season, possibly with our first round pick attached. Boban was signed for safety if Baynes leaves but I doubt SVG and crew are paying $21 mill for a third center.

Wait until a team has an injury and needs a big then we swoop in with a solid center and first round pick for a super sub.

And I'll guess we're looking for the following:

Quality 3 point shooter

"Content" being a benchie

"High character" guy

Under contract for 2 years or more

Aged between 22-28

That would give us:

Dre / Boban
Harris / JL / King
Mook / SJ / Hilly
KCP / Acquisition / Benji
RJ / Ish / Ray Ray (maybe)

Essentially what we have now except we replace Bullock before he even hits RFA (like we replaced Baynes before he was able to bail)

So now the question is:

Which teams have guys that fit that criteria and would have a need for Baynes?
DET_Athletics
Pro Prospect
And1: 213

Post#8 » by DET_Athletics » Thu Sep 22, 2016 3:21 am

Pharaoh wrote:
russkopp wrote:I think Baynes gets moved this season, possibly with our first round pick attached. Boban was signed for safety if Baynes leaves but I doubt SVG and crew are paying $21 mill for a third center.

And I'll guess we're looking for the following:

Quality 3 point shooter

"Content" being a benchie

"High character" guy

Under contract for 2 years or more

Aged between 22-28

That would give us:

Dre / Boban
Harris / JL / King
Mook / SJ / Hilly
KCP / Acquisition / Benji
RJ / Ish / Ray Ray (maybe)

Essentially what we have now except we replace Bullock before he even hits RFA (like we replaced Baynes before he was able to bail)

So now the question is:

Which teams have guys that fit that criteria and would have a need for Baynes?

I have thought about this, and have came up with 6 guys would be good fit for our needs: Danny Green, Avery Bradley, Garry Harris, Marco Belinelli, JJ Redick, Gerald Henderson. the first three i dont see being traded without a first rounder being added, which i dont think we should do since have the third highest payroll in the league now, and still have to pay KCP. I dont see the Spurs trading Danny unless he keeps slumping and the rookie they drafted stepping up early. Avery is a start quality, but they just spent their high draft pick on a defensive wing, and they have a loaded roster. but with that being said, Danny Ainge loves draft picks. i dont think we can land Garry Harris because the nuggets have two young bigs that they like. the last three are more realistic, and should at most take a second rounder to get done if we cant land a better wing.
Todd3
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,086

Post#9 » by Todd3 » Thu Sep 22, 2016 5:29 am

My guess is Baynes gets traded as part of a bigger deal for a starter.
DET_Athletics
Pro Prospect
And1: 213

Post#10 » by DET_Athletics » Thu Sep 22, 2016 12:41 pm

Todd3 wrote:My guess is Baynes gets traded as part of a bigger deal for a starter.

I don't think that happens, I think all our starters are locked. The only trade that makes sense is trading for another near starter(a person close to starting talent) or just a straight pick.

Sent from my XT1585 using RealGM mobile app
russkopp
Analyst
And1: 1,043

Post#11 » by russkopp » Thu Sep 22, 2016 1:28 pm

I just scoured the SG/SF (backup) market and I can't see any deal that makes sense. Baynes on a most likely expiring deal and I'm hoping a mid 20s draft pick won't get you much these days. Maybe a straight Baynes for Corey Brewer or something swap? Idk, but I want to see Boban play.

In SVG I trust.
Fire Troy Weaver
Todd3
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,086

Post#12 » by Todd3 » Thu Sep 22, 2016 5:06 pm

DET_Athletics wrote:
Todd3 wrote:My guess is Baynes gets traded as part of a bigger deal for a starter.

I don't think that happens, I think all our starters are locked. The only trade that makes sense is trading for another near starter(a person close to starting talent) or just a straight pick.

Sent from my XT1585 using RealGM mobile app

Unless we have all-stars at every position or win a championship, our starters are not set. If there's a way to upgrade a starting spot, you do it. I could see Baynes packaged with Harris and/or KCP for an upgrade at PF or SG.

The backups are where we're pretty much set. We're not likely to trade him for a backup PG/PF/C having just signed Ish/Leuer/Boban, and trading for a backup SG/SF makes little sense either w/ Stanley taking most of the minutes there. Better to just let Baynes expire than take on more salary of backups that'll never play.

If they can't use him to upgrade a starter, either deal him for a draft pick or just let his contract expire.

Always a chance Ish doesn't work, and in that case we could use Baynes to get a better PG, then trade Ish in a different deal. Other than that though, we're too stacked at every spot on the bench to trade him for more of the same caliber backups. Just not enough minutes and no need for the extra salary.
Southern Piston
Senior
And1: 95

Post#13 » by Southern Piston » Sun Oct 2, 2016 1:15 pm

With pechovich out for the season in Minn. maybe they get a injury salary exception and deal a 2017 1st rd pick top 15 protected for Gained, we combine it with our pick next june and move into the top ten.
DetroitSho
Head Coach
And1: 2,165

Post#14 » by DetroitSho » Sun Oct 2, 2016 7:23 pm

russkopp wrote:I just scoured the SG/SF (backup) market and I can't see any deal that makes sense. Baynes on a most likely expiring deal and I'm hoping a mid 20s draft pick won't get you much these days. Maybe a straight Baynes for Corey Brewer or something swap? Idk, but I want to see Boban play.

In SVG I trust.

If we trade Baynes for Brewer there's at least 3 people I'd kick in the face.
tmorgan
RealGM
And1: 6,961

Post#15 » by tmorgan » Sun Oct 2, 2016 7:50 pm

Southern Piston wrote:With pechovich out for the season in Minn. maybe they get a injury salary exception and deal a 2017 1st rd pick top 15 protected for Gained, we combine it with our pick next june and move into the top ten.

Minny wasn't expecting to play Pek anyway. It's not a loss to them. Towns, Aldrich, Hill and Dieng have the C position more than covered.

Return to Detroit Pistons