ImageImageImage

Things to hope for this off-season..

Moderators: Cowology, Snakebites, theBigLip, dVs33

BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,593

Re: Things to hope for this off-season.. 

Post#21 » by BadMofoPimp » Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:40 pm

ComboGuardCity wrote:Just dream about the 1% chance at Josh Jackson, Markelle or Ball.

Cleveland won that lucky strike 3 times.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
Canadafan
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,456

Post#22 » by Canadafan » Thu Mar 30, 2017 1:21 pm

sc8581 wrote:I hope we can somehow add a true #1 scoring option, I believe that will take this team to the next level. Klay Thompson, Paul George, Jimmy Butler, even Lillard or McCollum etc.. If we can move Harris, Stanley, Ellenson and our pick plus future picks or whatever, this team turns into something we won't recognize.

Butler would be most likely to get traded I would think.
He's signed for a few more years at less than $20/yr.
He'd be perfect for us.
PistonsSince85
Junior
And1: 124

Post#23 » by PistonsSince85 » Thu Mar 30, 2017 1:28 pm

blueadams wrote:#1. If this team's playing at it's best, I don't think it's one bit of a stretch at all to say we're the 2nd best team in the East. As is. If you disagree with that, fine. But it's what I believe. And we're young too. And we have a lot of room for growth.

#2. Drummond. He's 23 yrs old. What he can do in the pick and roll game really is special. He's got other things he can do well offensively as well. When he works hard to establish low enough post position, namely. He could certainly stand to get in better shape, I think. Not necessarily to lose weight, but to turn some of that fat into muscle. I think it'd help him a great deal on the court, endurance/effort-wise, and quickness-wise -- on defense especially. Offensively, he gets into "Andre All-Star" mode and forces stupid shots sometimes, and that needs to stop. Defensively, his awareness, effort, positioning and reactions are all poor. The potential to be a real stopper for us to fall back on eventually is there, though. Part of it, I'm sure, is HIS effort to get better. But part of it too, I think, is his coaching. I don't think the guy's being coached well enough, plain and simple. And maybe he needs someone who'll better motivate him too. I really hope that, 1-Stan will take a very serious approach to finding Dre, basically, a personal coach this off-season. I really hope that, 2-Dre will take the steps he needs to; to get really serious about being a professional, growing up, becoming great.. being a leader.. and dropping this kid attitude he's still got. Finding him someone to really work on this FT crap is essential too. He needs to be able to be on the court late in games if we're going to win a championship ever.

#3. Backup center. Baynes does a lot of nice things, for sure. But he's not athletic enough to switch and guard attackers on the perimeter. Plain and simple. And it's an absolute must to have on the court at all 5 positions in the NBA today. Boban -- from what I've seen -- is actually less of a weakness in this regard. He drops down and covers so much space (and air, lol). He also just oozes with talent offensively, I think. We he gets the ball in good position down low he can't be stopped.. he has such great touch around the rim. He gets up so high to grab boards, and to contest shots. I for one am all for letting Baynes go, and for letting Boban step into his minutes. That being said though, we should have a 5 who's a little more athletic around the perimeter. And I wonder if ELLENSON could be that guy? Hard to know since he hasn't gotten any minutes yet whatsoever. Maybe next year we'll see.

#4. Point guard. Reggie. When he's healthy, the way he can penetrate and attack the rim and find Drummond -- he really is a very solid NBA talent. His mid-range game can get hot; real hot. His ability to take over games is very real. He can hit open deep shots. Offensively, he really just needs to cut out the dumb forced contested early 3's. And, healthy, with Ish getting a lot of minutes, his energy and effort has been great. Ish as a backup has been absurdly good too, I think. He's got that same ability as an attacking play-maker and scorer. And his defense has been pretty decent on smaller, quicker guards too. Reggie -- no matter what effort he gives -- is just going to be a bad defender. Puts a lot of pressure on KCP. But is what it is, I suppose.

#5. Leuer. I don't like him. He's not athletic enough to switch and guard perimeter attackers. We're getting killed by people with him on the court. And his offensive game, namely his outside shot, hasn't been good enough to make up for it. I'd like to see him dealt. Worst case, I'd like to see his minutes significantly reduced.

#6. Tobias. Tobias I really do think is a star. Offensively, the dude is for real. Defensively--with his effort and intangibles, toughness, intelligence.. he's certainly not a big problem.

#7. Marcus. Guy's the leader of our team. And a very solid player in his own right.

#8. Stanley. He's maybe the most talented asset on our roster. He can legit match up with LeBron (as well as anyone). His offensive playmaking is great. His shot and what not's developing. He's only 20 yrs old. He's got an immediate position on this team. He's got a huge future on this team. Artest defense, Jimmy Butler offense -- that's the ceiling.

#9. KCP. Great character. Max him out for sure this off-season. Offensive game and outside shot continues to improve. Defense, as our #1 perimeter defender, is an asset. 24 yrs old.. still has room to improve. Guy who can take over a game when he needs to.

#10. Draft pick. Need to get a 2-3-4 who can really shoot from deep. Athletic enough to defend on the perimeter. Really hoping we'll be able to add another piece in the draft here.

#11. FA. Maybe use the MLE on a guy like Dedmon, if we don't think Ellenson is ready to be our perimeter capable (defensively) backup center.

C: Dre - - - - - MLE/Boban/Ellenson
PF: Tobias - - - - - Marcus/Leuer
SF: Marcus - - - - - Stanley/1st
SG: KCP - - - - - Stanley
PG: Reggie - - - - - Ish

You sir are delusional.

This core is broken. Maxing out KCP would ruin us. Would have a top 3 payroll for a lottery team.

This is a disaster and the only way out is through the draft. Dump Reggie and Drummond for picks. Should have moved KCP at the trade deadline for picks.

Picks, picks and more picks.

NO ONE WANTS TO COME HERE! We will never sign a big free agent.

The first step is admitting you have a problem.
sc8581
Assistant Coach
And1: 766

Post#24 » by sc8581 » Thu Mar 30, 2017 3:07 pm

PistonsSince85 wrote:
blueadams wrote:#1. If this team's playing at it's best, I don't think it's one bit of a stretch at all to say we're the 2nd best team in the East. As is. If you disagree with that, fine. But it's what I believe. And we're young too. And we have a lot of room for growth.

#2. Drummond. He's 23 yrs old. What he can do in the pick and roll game really is special. He's got other things he can do well offensively as well. When he works hard to establish low enough post position, namely. He could certainly stand to get in better shape, I think. Not necessarily to lose weight, but to turn some of that fat into muscle. I think it'd help him a great deal on the court, endurance/effort-wise, and quickness-wise -- on defense especially. Offensively, he gets into "Andre All-Star" mode and forces stupid shots sometimes, and that needs to stop. Defensively, his awareness, effort, positioning and reactions are all poor. The potential to be a real stopper for us to fall back on eventually is there, though. Part of it, I'm sure, is HIS effort to get better. But part of it too, I think, is his coaching. I don't think the guy's being coached well enough, plain and simple. And maybe he needs someone who'll better motivate him too. I really hope that, 1-Stan will take a very serious approach to finding Dre, basically, a personal coach this off-season. I really hope that, 2-Dre will take the steps he needs to; to get really serious about being a professional, growing up, becoming great.. being a leader.. and dropping this kid attitude he's still got. Finding him someone to really work on this FT crap is essential too. He needs to be able to be on the court late in games if we're going to win a championship ever.

#3. Backup center. Baynes does a lot of nice things, for sure. But he's not athletic enough to switch and guard attackers on the perimeter. Plain and simple. And it's an absolute must to have on the court at all 5 positions in the NBA today. Boban -- from what I've seen -- is actually less of a weakness in this regard. He drops down and covers so much space (and air, lol). He also just oozes with talent offensively, I think. We he gets the ball in good position down low he can't be stopped.. he has such great touch around the rim. He gets up so high to grab boards, and to contest shots. I for one am all for letting Baynes go, and for letting Boban step into his minutes. That being said though, we should have a 5 who's a little more athletic around the perimeter. And I wonder if ELLENSON could be that guy? Hard to know since he hasn't gotten any minutes yet whatsoever. Maybe next year we'll see.

#4. Point guard. Reggie. When he's healthy, the way he can penetrate and attack the rim and find Drummond -- he really is a very solid NBA talent. His mid-range game can get hot; real hot. His ability to take over games is very real. He can hit open deep shots. Offensively, he really just needs to cut out the dumb forced contested early 3's. And, healthy, with Ish getting a lot of minutes, his energy and effort has been great. Ish as a backup has been absurdly good too, I think. He's got that same ability as an attacking play-maker and scorer. And his defense has been pretty decent on smaller, quicker guards too. Reggie -- no matter what effort he gives -- is just going to be a bad defender. Puts a lot of pressure on KCP. But is what it is, I suppose.

#5. Leuer. I don't like him. He's not athletic enough to switch and guard perimeter attackers. We're getting killed by people with him on the court. And his offensive game, namely his outside shot, hasn't been good enough to make up for it. I'd like to see him dealt. Worst case, I'd like to see his minutes significantly reduced.

#6. Tobias. Tobias I really do think is a star. Offensively, the dude is for real. Defensively--with his effort and intangibles, toughness, intelligence.. he's certainly not a big problem.

#7. Marcus. Guy's the leader of our team. And a very solid player in his own right.

#8. Stanley. He's maybe the most talented asset on our roster. He can legit match up with LeBron (as well as anyone). His offensive playmaking is great. His shot and what not's developing. He's only 20 yrs old. He's got an immediate position on this team. He's got a huge future on this team. Artest defense, Jimmy Butler offense -- that's the ceiling.

#9. KCP. Great character. Max him out for sure this off-season. Offensive game and outside shot continues to improve. Defense, as our #1 perimeter defender, is an asset. 24 yrs old.. still has room to improve. Guy who can take over a game when he needs to.

#10. Draft pick. Need to get a 2-3-4 who can really shoot from deep. Athletic enough to defend on the perimeter. Really hoping we'll be able to add another piece in the draft here.

#11. FA. Maybe use the MLE on a guy like Dedmon, if we don't think Ellenson is ready to be our perimeter capable (defensively) backup center.

C: Dre - - - - - MLE/Boban/Ellenson
PF: Tobias - - - - - Marcus/Leuer
SF: Marcus - - - - - Stanley/1st
SG: KCP - - - - - Stanley
PG: Reggie - - - - - Ish

You sir are delusional.

This core is broken. Maxing out KCP would ruin us. Would have a top 3 payroll for a lottery team.

This is a disaster and the only way out is through the draft. Dump Reggie and Drummond for picks. Should have moved KCP at the trade deadline for picks.

Picks, picks and more picks.

NO ONE WANTS TO COME HERE! We will never sign a big free agent.

The first step is admitting you have a problem.

How would maxing out KCP ruin us, especially if "NO ONE WANTS TO COME HERE"? You're not getting a pick for Reggie, he's probably untradeable at this point.
Montanabadboy
Junior
And1: 241

Post#25 » by Montanabadboy » Thu Mar 30, 2017 3:15 pm

I'm hoping that Reggie Jackson's knee was his biggest issue this year. My hope is that he is able to fully recover this offseason and we see a different RJ next year. I fully believe we are stuck with him, he can't possibly have enough value on the trade market to justify shipping him off this offseason.

Drummond, I have no idea. I'm so disappointed in him this year, all I can hope is that this season is a wakeup call for him. Like I said last offseason, I'd rather see him commit to becoming a defensive juggernaut and stop wasting his time messing around with his freethrows. Focus on growing his strengths, that is what he needs to do to take the next step.

I hope we see some trades and moves to shake up this team this offseason, but I'm certainly not expecting any blockbusters, and I'm not ready to blow it up yet. This season was a set back, and hopefully a wake up call, it's clear that we need some leadership from among the players, I don't think we can expect anyone to step up and fill that roll from within, so that's I want for this offseason, shooting and leadership. How do we get it? I have no idea, or even who to target. Outside of that, maybe we get lucky with some ping pong balls. It disgusts me to thing about how lucky the Cavs have been in that regard this past decade.
Detroit vs. Everybody :lift: :lift: :lift:
In SVG We Trust
Starter
And1: 1,399

Post#26 » by In SVG We Trust » Thu Mar 30, 2017 3:19 pm

And specially if we trade Dre and Reggie, which is NECESSARY, we need to fill minimum of salaries. Best option is bet for KCP development, because if he's a fail, we got top 5 picks guaranteed for atleast the next three years, and if he turns into a star, we would surround him properly.
Pharaoh
RealGM
And1: 4,565

Post#27 » by Pharaoh » Fri Mar 31, 2017 1:35 am

Cause I can:

Trade #1: Detroit & Phoenix on Draft Day

Drummond & Stanimal for Tyson Chandler, Brandon Knight & the #3 pick in the Draft....Josh Jackson

We draft Patton with our pick

Trade #2: Detroit & Washington

Marcus Morris for Jason Smith

Trade #3: Detroit & LA Lakers

Reggie Jackson for Clarkson

Chandler, Patton, Bobo
Jon Boy, Smith, King
Jackson, Harris
KCP, Clarkson
Knight, Ish

Rotation:

Chandler 15, Patton 15, Smith 15

Jon Boy 23, King 15, Harris 10

Jackson 28, Harris 20

KCP 32, Clarkson 16

Knight 24, Ish 24

Some people here would have hope for the future with Patton, King & Jackson all basically kids getting consistent minutes

Chandler the vet leader in the locker room with KCP taking ownership of the group now he's the only Max contract on the books

#bored

Sent from my SM-J110F using RealGM mobile app
davidvolumes
Junior
And1: 154

Post#28 » by davidvolumes » Fri Mar 31, 2017 1:53 am

Gores steps in and forces svg to hire a new head coach
Pharaoh
RealGM

Re: RE: Re: Things to hope for this off-season.. 

Post#29 » by Pharaoh » Fri Mar 31, 2017 1:59 am

davidvolumes wrote:Gores steps in and forces svg to hire a new head coach

I'll bite:

List 5 guys we'd interview for the job

davidvolumes
Junior

Post#30 » by davidvolumes » Fri Mar 31, 2017 2:34 am

I don't know one guy. A good gm would know. Gores doesn't have to know either. Tell the gm to find a coach or he (gores) will find a new gm. You mean to tell me there are no coaches who could do a better job.Brad Stevens came from a mid major and his school (butler) still does outstanding job of coaching. Hint hint. The lions hired a gm from an organization that ha an outstanding track record. How about looking in spurs organization.
Pharaoh
RealGM

Post#31 » by Pharaoh » Fri Mar 31, 2017 5:05 am

davidvolumes wrote:I don't know one guy. A good gm would know. Gores doesn't have to know either. Tell the gm to find a coach or he (gores) will find a new gm. You mean to tell me there are no coaches who could do a better job.Brad Stevens came from a mid major and his school (butler) still does outstanding job of coaching. Hint hint. The lions hired a gm from an organization that ha an outstanding track record. How about looking in spurs organization.

If you're gonna suggest something then at least have some idea dude!

How hard is it to Google "top NBA assistant coaches" or something?

Instead you're just throwing fuel on the fire for **** and giggles

With NO research here's a name: Tim Hardaway! Already on staff!

LaSheed
Bench Warmer
And1: 562

Post#32 » by LaSheed » Fri Mar 31, 2017 5:47 am

E. Messina, Jerry Stackhouse? Two off the top of my head.
El Chivo
Starter
And1: 969

Post#33 » by El Chivo » Fri Mar 31, 2017 5:50 am

LaSheed wrote:E. Messina, Jerry Stackhouse? Two off the top of my head.

Marc Jackson, maybe
You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows.
sfballa13
Assistant Coach
And1: 928

Post#34 » by sfballa13 » Fri Mar 31, 2017 6:20 am

Things to hope for this off season...

SVG gets fired and a coach that actually demands respect and hustle gets hired

Drummond gets one final warning to get his act together or get dealt to a lottery team for picks, let him suffer like Cousins did under an inept and idiotic franchise

NBA shows some pity and we somehow jump into the top 3

Reggie returns to form or somehow we can find an idiotic GM like Vlade to take him on

Who is gonna pay money to watch this team in the new arena? Im sure the tickets will be even more expensive than they currently are going for at the Palace.

Everyone disses the Kings and Magic for their terrible management when in reality SVG has farxed us for years to come
davidvolumes
Junior

Post#35 » by davidvolumes » Fri Mar 31, 2017 6:55 am

Pharaoh I mean no harm just venting HOWEVER. You are holding me (non paid armchair) to a higher standard than you set for svg. He is the one who announced this grand 1 big man center surrounded by 4 shooters. Svg can't find, name or spell a shooter on this team. We may be the only team in the league w/o at least one knock down shooter.
Pharaoh
RealGM

Post#36 » by Pharaoh » Fri Mar 31, 2017 7:01 am

sfballa13 wrote:Things to hope for this off season...

Drummond gets one final warning to get his act together or get dealt to a lottery team for picks, let him suffer like Cousins did under an inept and idiotic franchise

Reggie returns to form or somehow we can find an idiotic GM like Vlade to take him on

Who is gonna pay money to watch this team in the new arena? Im sure the tickets will be even more expensive than they currently are going for at the Palace.

Everyone disses the Kings and Magic for their terrible management when in reality SVG has farxed us for years to come

**** us for years to come?

Even assuming RJ is impossible to move there's an easy option available to us:

Let Baynes, KCP & Bullock walk, add nothing but our picks this off-season & trade Drummond to whatever Lotto team is willing to give us a top 7 pick!

Tank next season playing that kid, our pick, SJ & King as much as humanly possible...get a top 7 pick again

Then y'all can celebrate the fact we're years away from contending for home court in the playoffs!

Tbh I've already proposed a Dre/SJ to Phoenix deal that nets us #3, Knight & Chandler

sc8581
Assistant Coach
And1: 766

Post#37 » by sc8581 » Fri Mar 31, 2017 7:01 am

Sign Chris Paul to the veterans minimum and have him be a player/coach?
El Chivo
Starter

Post#38 » by El Chivo » Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:04 am

someone convincing Gores that the only way to be relevant again is get the most value you can from our players in trades and tanking for a couple of years.
sfballa13
Assistant Coach
And1: 928

Post#39 » by sfballa13 » Fri Mar 31, 2017 12:41 pm

Pharaoh wrote:
sfballa13 wrote:Things to hope for this off season...

**** us for years to come?

Even assuming RJ is impossible to move there's an easy option available to us:

Let Baynes, KCP & Bullock walk, add nothing but our picks this off-season & trade Drummond to whatever Lotto team is willing to give us a top 7 pick!

Tank next season playing that kid, our pick, SJ & King as much as humanly possible...get a top 7 pick again

Then y'all can celebrate the fact we're years away from contending for home court in the playoffs!

Tbh I've already proposed a Dre/SJ to Phoenix deal that nets us #3, Knight & Chandler

Drummond AND Stanley Johnson for the corpse of Tyson Chandler, Brandon Knight (sub par guard who already played for the Pistons), and a #3 pick that may or may not pan out

I will stop watching the Pistons entirely if we trade Drummond for fricking Tyson Chandler when we could have used the same package to entice the Kings to make a deal for Cousins
El Chivo
Starter

Post#40 » by El Chivo » Fri Mar 31, 2017 12:42 pm

the corpse of Tyson Chandler is a better rim protector than Drummond.

Return to Detroit Pistons