Moderators: Cowology, Snakebites, theBigLip, dVs33

Pharaoh
RealGM
And1: 4,565

Re: Off-Season Ideas 

Post#41 » by Pharaoh » Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:36 am

Cause I'm bored:

4 team deal - DET, Nets, Nugz & Bucks

Denver deals Will Barton & Faried - gets Reggie to be the PG until Murray is ready or Mudiay is ready.

Nugz don't give much for RJ...

Bucks deal Delly and get Jon Boy to replace the departing Monroe

Brooklyn gives BroLo & RHJ for Drummond! Younger big, possibly likes the bright lights of NY, PnR with Lin...

We lose Dre, Jon, RJ and become:

BroLo - Faried - Bobo
Mook - RHJ - King
SJ - Harris
KCP - Barton
Ish - Delly

Install a quick hitter motion offense where BroLo can help draw bigs out of the paint, SJ acts as the secondary ball handler

Bench is full of scrappy players that aren't afraid of dirty work and Harris is the clear offensive weapon of choice with Barton capable of being the secondary on his day.

The versatility is limitless here and the defensive intensity would be off the charts:

Faried
RHJ
SJ
KCP
Delly

They might not score much but they'd dig in big time on D

BroLo
Mook
Harris
Barton
Ish

Has a clear offensive hierarchy that doesn't completely suck on D

Sent from my SM-J110F using RealGM mobile app
ImHeisenberg
Head Coach
And1: 2,323

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Off-Season Ideas 

Post#42 » by ImHeisenberg » Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:22 am

Pharaoh wrote:
ImHeisenberg wrote:How do you trade for a draft pick that's used in June in a sign and trade in July? There is no way to set up a deal like his in June.

It's possible that during the pre-draft phone calls that scenario is brought up. Since KCP isn't a free agent until July 1st you would obviously speak to him and lay it out for him.

Deals involving picks have been announced on Draft Day as agreed to in principle and then been consummated in July - can't recall one with a RFA though.

Please, Pharaoh, in your infinite wisdom, give me one example of this EVER happening. Where a restricted free agent was traded on draft night for a pick.
Pharaoh
RealGM

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Off-Season Ideas 

Post#43 » by Pharaoh » Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:06 am

ImHeisenberg wrote:
Pharaoh wrote:
ImHeisenberg wrote:How do you trade for a draft pick that's used in June in a sign and trade in July? There is no way to set up a deal like his in June.

It's possible that during the pre-draft phone calls that scenario is brought up. Since KCP isn't a free agent until July 1st you would obviously speak to him and lay it out for him.

Deals involving picks have been announced on Draft Day as agreed to in principle and then been consummated in July - can't recall one with a RFA though.

Please, Pharaoh, in your infinite wisdom, give me one example of this EVER happening. Where a restricted free agent was traded on draft night for a pick.

Canadafan
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,456

Post#44 » by Canadafan » Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:24 pm

ducler wrote:With Celtics about to lose in first round, maybe they would do a Dre for BKN pick?

Sent from my SM-A510F using RealGM mobile app

Celts have max cap space supposedly this summer. If they're smart, they would sign someone and keep their pick=2 players. If they took on Dre for their pick=1 player.
Pharaoh
RealGM

Post#45 » by Pharaoh » Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:58 am

I believe Reggie gets traded. No idea where to or what we'll get but I think he's done here.

Teams we'll call:

CHI - Wade & Butler would sort him out and their FO seems to be dumber than a box of hammers & don't want to rebuild through the Draft.

CLE - Lebron would sort RJ out and get him to buy in as the playmaker off the bench

DAL - heaps of cap space and a need at PG. Teaming with Noel & Barnes as the "future"

DEN - lots of potential guards but need an alpha & RJ thinks he's it!

HOU - Pat Bev is a FA IIRC & Harden + RJ could reminisce about their Thunder days

IND - PG13 connection, Teague is a FA

LAC - CP3 might leave or could get RJ to buy in as his successor

LAL - step 1 in the process of acquiring PG13

MIA - Dragic was shopped heavily

MIL - look to upgrade Delly, team in the rise

NOP - Jrue a FA

ORL - New Management so anything can happen

PHI - heaps of cap space & dudes on rookie deals could use a closer

SAC - who knows

TOR - could go all in on being a contender & RJ off the bench might be an option

Return to Detroit Pistons