ImageImageImage

Follow Charlie V. on Twitter - help him beat C.Bosh to 50K

Moderators: Cowology, Snakebites, theBigLip, dVs33

Bartender
Sixth Man
And1: 3

Re: Follow Charlie V. on Twitter - help him beat C.Bosh to 50K 

Post#21 » by Bartender » Tue Jul 14, 2009 7:47 pm

i've been following him ever since he twittered at half time this year.. but sign and trade? AI?? that's the only one i can think of worth it.
TSE wrote:Wow I actually like this trade, good job Mayhew!
Krazy
Freshman
And1: 0

Post#22 » by Krazy » Tue Jul 14, 2009 8:07 pm

Don't know if you are truly his brother, but just in case...

Welcome to both, hopefully CV has a lot of success with Detroit.

Being from PR knowing people from the DR, thanks to Charlie for the gesture.

PD: Been following him since he signed, sorry I can't help.
Piston Pete
RealGM
And1: 1,264

Post#23 » by Piston Pete » Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:15 pm

Interesting....a S&T deal to bring us a big guy....

The only big-name FA's still available IMO are Lee and Odom - although neither is really a 5.

Would anyone do a Kwame/Maxiell for Lee deal?

I can't think of anyone else it could be for. Everyone else (Chandler, Kaman, Okafor, etc.) would have been a stright-up trade....
mercury
Head Coach
And1: 679

Post#24 » by mercury » Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:26 pm

We can't sign and trade anyone... our F.A.s are all renounced... it would have to be a S&T coming this way..
Pick a F.A. center and see if the numbers work +3.5 mil + 125%
Doesn't seem like anyone is worth that kind of money unless there's a package that includes a 5 man.
I'm sure robeilasv is guessing like the rest of us.
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,593

Post#25 » by BadMofoPimp » Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:31 pm

I remember when that dude from like 5-6 years ago claiming to be an insider for the Heat organization was really a kid. I think his name was Watchout. Regardless, I will give ya the benefit of the doubt and look forward to some good commentary during the season.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
The Penguin
"Beat The Commish" Champion/Mr. Clean Slate
And1: 4,107

Post#26 » by The Penguin » Tue Jul 14, 2009 11:22 pm

Glad to have Charlie and the whole Villanueva family aboard. Good luck in your quest, kick CB4's butt in this contest then get him to demand a trade here.
triplet1984
General Manager
And1: 177

Post#27 » by triplet1984 » Tue Jul 14, 2009 11:24 pm

Wow, welcome. I passed by reading this post for a few days now, not realizing it was Charlie V's Brother!

Going back to the big name issue... the post was a tad vague. Is CV guessing on the "sign and trade", just using common sense... does he "know" that they want to sign and trade somebody?

I think I speak for most people here when I say... the majority of us are praying Dumars has something better in mind than just signing 'Big Baby' or Drew Gooden.

Are we talking, respectable role playing big man sign and trade... or like, all-star caliber big man sign and trade?

Also I have another question!

What were the initial meetings with Joe Dumars like? Did Joe give any indications of what kind of moves he might want to make in the future? What did he say about the style of play? Did Charlie know what was going on with the coaching at the time?

If given more minutes, like 35 mins a game or something, does Charlie think he could approach a "20/10" points/rebounds statline?
Choob
Lead Assistant
And1: 30

Post#28 » by Choob » Wed Jul 15, 2009 1:26 am

mercury wrote:We can't sign and trade anyone... our F.A.s are all renounced... it would have to be a S&T coming this way..
Pick a F.A. center and see if the numbers work +3.5 mil + 125%
Doesn't seem like anyone is worth that kind of money unless there's a package that includes a 5 man.
I'm sure robeilasv is guessing like the rest of us.

actually you can S & T your renounced FAs.

http://members.cox.net/lmcoon/salarycap.htm

33. What does renouncing a player mean?
As detailed in question number 30, free agents continue to be included in team salary. By renouncing a player, a team gives up its right to use the Larry Bird, Early Bird, or Non-Bird exceptions (see question number 19) to re-sign that player. A renounced player no longer counts toward team salary, so teams use renouncement to gain additional cap room. After renouncing a player, the team is still permitted to re-sign that player, but they must either have enough cap room to fit the salary, or sign the player using the Minimum Salary exception. The exception to this is an Early Bird free agent who is coming off the second season of his rookie scale contract. Such players, when renounced, are treated as Non-Bird free agents.

If the player does not sign with any team (his prior team or any other team) for the entire season, then his renouncement continues. In other words, the team is not permitted to renounce a player, let him lie idle for the year, then re-sign him the following summer using Bird rights. However, if the player re-signs with his prior team, then his renouncement is no longer in effect when his contract ends. For example, if a team renounces their Larry Bird rights to a player, then re-signs that player to a one-year contract using cap room, then the player is once again a Larry Bird free agent the following summer.

After renouncing a player, a team can still trade the player in a sign-and-trade agreement (see question number 76).
Cowology wrote:wow, Choob just owned this thread. The rest of you can go back to picking out belly button lint, or whatever it is you do in your free time: Choob is Master of the Universe!
RJ2392
Veteran
And1: 8

Post#29 » by RJ2392 » Wed Jul 15, 2009 5:47 am

Dam Chris was once down by 1400 but is up by 200 now!
zeebneeb
RealGM
And1: 10,638

Post#30 » by zeebneeb » Wed Jul 15, 2009 6:17 am

Where the HELL is debbie downer? I am starting to switch sides here! I need a dose of reality stat!

We are signing Big fat burger eatin' baby, We are signing the whopper master....

ARGH!
nasty daddy
RealGM
And1: 6

Post#31 » by nasty daddy » Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:37 am

CV just lost this competion against Bosh.

Return to Detroit Pistons