Andrew Luck

User avatar
Starkiller
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,014
And1: 268
Joined: Nov 24, 2009
     

Andrew Luck 

Post#1 » by Starkiller » Mon Sep 9, 2013 11:48 am

Is the GOAT. Colts are world beaters. Ask any Colts fan. What I learned after week one is.....

Andrew Luck is better than Aaron Rodgers because he was drafted #1, while Rodgers slipped to the 20's. Luck was a starter as a rookie while Rodgers sat the bench. He's also better because he beat the Raiders and Rodgers lost to the 49ers, and because Rodgers lost to the Colts last year.

Now that I got the hostility out of the way.....Luck or Rodgers?
This ^
Dchris0407
Ballboy
Posts: 45
And1: 2
Joined: Sep 08, 2013

Re: Andrew Luck 

Post#2 » by Dchris0407 » Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:49 am

Starkiller wrote:Is the GOAT. Colts are world beaters. Ask any Colts fan. What I learned after week one is.....

Andrew Luck is better than Aaron Rodgers because he was drafted #1, while Rodgers slipped to the 20's. Luck was a starter as a rookie while Rodgers sat the bench. He's also better because he beat the Raiders and Rodgers lost to the 49ers, and because Rodgers lost to the Colts last year.

Now that I got the hostility out of the way.....Luck or Rodgers?
Your kidding right ?


Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums mobile app
User avatar
Starkiller
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,014
And1: 268
Joined: Nov 24, 2009
     

Re: Andrew Luck 

Post#3 » by Starkiller » Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:03 pm

Dchris0407 wrote:
Starkiller wrote:Is the GOAT. Colts are world beaters. Ask any Colts fan. What I learned after week one is.....

Andrew Luck is better than Aaron Rodgers because he was drafted #1, while Rodgers slipped to the 20's. Luck was a starter as a rookie while Rodgers sat the bench. He's also better because he beat the Raiders and Rodgers lost to the 49ers, and because Rodgers lost to the Colts last year.

Now that I got the hostility out of the way.....Luck or Rodgers?
Your kidding right ?


Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums mobile app


That's what I said, but unfortunately, they aren't.
This ^
FortyDaysThree
Sophomore
Posts: 105
And1: 4
Joined: Oct 02, 2013

Re: Andrew Luck 

Post#4 » by FortyDaysThree » Wed Oct 2, 2013 1:11 pm

He's not better yet, but he will be.
Jrobes62
Ballboy
Posts: 9
And1: 0
Joined: Oct 01, 2011

Re: Andrew Luck 

Post#5 » by Jrobes62 » Sun Feb 2, 2014 5:58 pm

One of the reasons why Aaron Rodgers is so good is because he sat on the bench behind Brett Farve. He was taught by and learned from Brett Farve, who has played more than 20 years in the NFL. Brett knows almost anything about football there is to know.

I don't disagree that Luck can't be as good as Rodgers with time, it's just Luck is not as good RIGHT NOW.

Wait 3-5 years down the line & Luck WILL BE the best QB in the game
User avatar
Jaseface
Banned User
Posts: 422
And1: 81
Joined: Aug 16, 2014
 

Re: Andrew Luck 

Post#6 » by Jaseface » Sun Sep 14, 2014 10:03 pm

Starkiller wrote:Is the GOAT. Colts are world beaters. Ask any Colts fan. What I learned after week one is.....

Andrew Luck is better than Aaron Rodgers because he was drafted #1, while Rodgers slipped to the 20's. Luck was a starter as a rookie while Rodgers sat the bench. He's also better because he beat the Raiders and Rodgers lost to the 49ers, and because Rodgers lost to the Colts last year.

Now that I got the hostility out of the way.....Luck or Rodgers?


No logical football fan is going to say that or make comparisons based on such nonsense. I get the feeling you're exaggerating a bit....

That said, you can't go wrong either way. I'd go with Rodgers, but not by a landslide.
GYK
Analyst
Posts: 3,548
And1: 550
Joined: Oct 08, 2014
       

Re: Andrew Luck 

Post#7 » by GYK » Wed Oct 8, 2014 4:53 pm

Rodgers might be the greatest QB of all time. The only things against him is starting at 24 and not having the greatest comeback numbers.
User avatar
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
Posts: 48,472
And1: 4,578
Joined: May 02, 2002
Location: The Craps Table
     

Re: Andrew Luck 

Post#8 » by MickeyDavis » Wed Oct 8, 2014 5:36 pm

Rodgers doesn't have a lot of comebacks because his team hasn't had a whole lot of 4th quarter deficits to overcome.
My friend asked me if I wanted a frozen banana, I said "No, but I want a regular banana later, so, yeah."
User avatar
trwi7
RealGM
Posts: 97,376
And1: 10,897
Joined: Jul 12, 2006
Location: Aussie bias
         

Re: Andrew Luck 

Post#9 » by trwi7 » Wed Oct 8, 2014 5:46 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:Rodgers doesn't have a lot of comebacks because his team hasn't had a whole lot of 4th quarter deficits to overcome.


And when he has overcome them, the defense gave them right back and left little to no time for another comeback.
stellation wrote:"What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."
User avatar
Icness
Global Mod
Global Mod
Posts: 16,963
And1: 127
Joined: Apr 30, 2001
Location: Back in the 616
Contact:
     

Re: Andrew Luck 

Post#10 » by Icness » Sat Oct 11, 2014 12:05 pm

Luck doesn't belong in the same breath as Rodgers. He's not a top 5 QB.

Look at all the terrible throws he makes. Look at all the batted balls he gets despite being so big and agile. Look at how many throws he really makes his receivers work for unnecessarily. He is probably the best downfield thrower in the league with the possible exception of Rodgers, but he's not close to top 10 on shorter routes.

His potential is certainly very high, and I do love his knack for pulling rabbits out of hats. He's a better runner than Rodgers. But the overall package is not even a competition IMO. Not yet anyways.
It's not whether you win or lose, it's how good you look playing the game

Return to Player Comparisons