The interactive mock

Moderator: studcrackers

Icness
NFL Analyst
And1: 129

The interactive mock 

Post#1 » by Icness » Wed Mar 30, 2011 3:14 pm

http://football.realgm.com/src_hangtime ... ock_draft/

This was a lot of fun to do. Got some great tidbits on all kinds of players, but also some insight into different professional opinions of some guys and what this team believes other teams are looking at and how they feel about certain players.

Things that stood out to me while doing it:
--NIck Fairley plummeting to 24. There were several picks I made (MIA, KC, NE) where he was the #2 candidate but I went with another position. Neither of us really think he's falling that far, but don't be surprised if he slides to at least TEN at #8. If he doesn't go there he could be sitting awhile. Word has it he has already spent $100K and gained a little weight.

--The vociferous defense by my scout friend of Cam Heyward. I've known him for several years and I've never seen him be so passionate about a player. Check that--he had very strong opinions about Tebow too. You should have seen the couple at the table next to us. The dude figured out what we were doing and was trying real hard to eavesdrop, but the woman kept trying to keep him from being so obvious. When we were talking about Heyward it got louder and the scout asked the guy what he thought. The dude was like, "Uhh, I agree with you sir" and then his check couldn't come fast enough.

--DaQuan Bowers' knee is the difference between him going no later than #3 or no earlier than #11. Scout intimated that his team believes a lot of teams like Robert Quinn more regardless of how his knee checks out. I hadn't thought of the McGinest comparison for Quinn but I like it.

--My Lions pick of Ayers was a panic pick. I wanted Castonzo or Tyron Smith because I believe pretty strongly that's what they want. Prince was my designated backup plan but because I put him to the Texans I went to plan D. I would hope that given the same situation they don't do this and take Jimmy Smith or Danny Watkins instead.

--Scout is not the first to tell me that Andy Dalton is a borderline 1st rounder. Good luck to your team if they make that leap :lol:

--Scout says his team doesn't have as much of a problem with guys like Baldwin and Austin as I thought or would expect. The only guy they have serious issues with character-wise is Ryan Mallett.
It's not whether you win or lose, it's how good you look playing the game
Manhattan Project
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,964

Re: The interactive mock 

Post#2 » by Manhattan Project » Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:18 pm

Clayborn to the Jets is an ideal scenario for me.
Julio Jones-Bradford connection would be something to watch for the next decade.
Jazz:
Allen l Wagner
Randle l Olynyk
Porter Jr l Marshall l Tucker
Herro l Okogie l Payton
Fox l Jones
studcrackers
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 6,100

Re: The interactive mock 

Post#3 » by studcrackers » Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:52 pm