Moderator: studcrackers

Icness
NFL Analyst
And1: 129

Re: 2013 Draft Thread 

Post#661 » by Icness » Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:47 pm

Bleeding Blue wrote:
kdawg32086 wrote:
Bleeding Blue wrote:Anyone have any insight on Colts pick Safety John Boyett from Oregon? It looks like he is coming off knees surgery on both patellar tendons....

He's going to be a steal, if he returns to pre-injury form. Started for Oregon as a true freshman and if not for the injury last year, would've been a 4 year starter. He's a big hitter (think LB in a safety's body) and the Oregon coaching staff was always raving about his intelligence and football IQ. He's got pretty good instincts but his height might cause him to struggle in coverage in the NFL. If not for the injury, I think he could've been a 2nd day draft pick.

Thats good to hear, thanks kdawg

I love Boyett but he suffered the same injury that ended Gary Baxter's career, tearing both patellar tendons at the same time. Root for him but don't expect him to make the team.
It's not whether you win or lose, it's how good you look playing the game
Higga
Lead Assistant
And1: 831

Post#662 » by Higga » Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:50 pm

Love what the Skins did. Got a lot of value, good talent, while also filling needs. Some high risk high reward guys for sure, the FSU OLB was supposedly a 1st round talent who fell because of injury issues. Can't really grade a draft till after the guys play a year or two but right now I'm happy with the direction we took. Can't wait till the season. HTTR.
Eric Maynor is the worst basketball player I've ever seen.
snazel
Freshman
And1: 3

Post#663 » by snazel » Wed May 1, 2013 1:10 pm

El Turco wrote:expecting mingo to be top 15 pass rusher is rather ambitious. if you don't see a value at the position you are picking, smart thing is trading down. browns is not a team that has the luxury of creating logjam in expense filling holes.

As a Browns fan, we also can't afford to keep trading down and drafting guys with a lower talent ceiling. We've been too shy taking risks on talent as a team (*cough* RG3 trade cough*), so its about time we see some talent with CEILING.

I don't see how pass rusher value was "low" for us this draft. We've got a new DC in Horton and his scheme is predicated on pressure...and you can never have too many skilled pass rushers, which is what the Browns sorely need (even with the Kruger signing). All too often I've seen us have one decent pass rusher on one side of the field, paired with a complete loaf on the other.
Icness
NFL Analyst
And1: 129

Post#664 » by Icness » Wed May 1, 2013 4:52 pm

snazel wrote:
El Turco wrote:expecting mingo to be top 15 pass rusher is rather ambitious. if you don't see a value at the position you are picking, smart thing is trading down. browns is not a team that has the luxury of creating logjam in expense filling holes.

As a Browns fan, we also can't afford to keep trading down and drafting guys with a lower talent ceiling. We've been too shy taking risks on talent as a team (*cough* RG3 trade cough*), so its about time we see some talent with CEILING.

I don't see how pass rusher value was "low" for us this draft. We've got a new DC in Horton and his scheme is predicated on pressure...and you can never have too many skilled pass rushers, which is what the Browns sorely need (even with the Kruger signing). All too often I've seen us have one decent pass rusher on one side of the field, paired with a complete loaf on the other.

I agree with this 100%. Mingo is perfect for a Ray Horton defense. Behind that line he's got an excellent chance to be very productive right away.
It's not whether you win or lose, it's how good you look playing the game

Return to NFL Draft