ATL-Clowney
TB-Matthews
MIN-Hundley
JAX-Manziel
CLE-Ekpre-Olomu
OAK-Watkins
BUF-Ebron
PIT-Mack

With the Browns getting Bortles with the T-Rich pick.

What I would do with the top ten picks:
HOU--Bridgewater
STL--Jake Matthews
ATL--Clowney
TB--Khalil Mack
MIN--Derek Carr
JAX--Anthony Barr
CLE--Johnny Football
OAK--Jace Amaro
BUF--Ryan Shazier
PIT--RaShede Hageman
It's not whether you win or lose, it's how good you look playing the game
SpeedyG
RealGM
And1: 1,310

Re: Mock Draft 3.0 

Post#2 » by SpeedyG » Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:12 pm

Ugh...going from Teddy to Manziel due to some meaningless wins. Even though Manziel has improved, I'm still not thrilled taking him that high.
Bless the man if his heart and his land are one ~ FrancisM, R.I.P. 3/6/09
Da Schwab
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,619

Post#3 » by Da Schwab » Tue Dec 10, 2013 7:36 pm

So, since Scherff didn't declare, is it safe to say the Giants would take Cam Erving or Taylor Lewan?
Icness
NFL Analyst
And1: 129

Post#4 » by Icness » Wed Dec 11, 2013 8:57 pm

Schwabby wrote:So, since Scherff didn't declare, is it safe to say the Giants would take Cam Erving or Taylor Lewan?

Yes, and knowing them it would be Lewan. I say that without comment.

I had finished the player slotting on Sat. and was writing the comments on Monday. No less than 5 minutes before I sent it in, Scherff announced he was going back to Iowa. I briefly toyed with modifying it but it was just too much work.
gswhoops
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,707

Post#5 » by gswhoops » Thu Dec 12, 2013 2:33 pm

Is the Niners picking Seferian-Jenkins just a "best player available" kind of thing, or are you already souring on Vance McDonald?
Icness
NFL Analyst

Post#6 » by Icness » Fri Dec 13, 2013 4:11 am

gswhoops wrote:Is the Niners picking Seferian-Jenkins just a "best player available" kind of thing, or are you already souring on Vance McDonald?

I like McDonald. ASJ is an inline guy, would allow them to quit the semantic farce and just call Vernon Davis a wide receiver. He's a guy I think Harbaugh will like, has that kind of mentality.
gswhoops
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,707

Post#7 » by gswhoops » Fri Dec 13, 2013 1:39 pm

Icness wrote:
gswhoops wrote:Is the Niners picking Seferian-Jenkins just a "best player available" kind of thing, or are you already souring on Vance McDonald?

I like McDonald. ASJ is an inline guy, would allow them to quit the semantic farce and just call Vernon Davis a wide receiver. He's a guy I think Harbaugh will like, has that kind of mentality.

Interesting. Do you think this (moving Vernon to WR) is something the Niners would consider doing long term? I know they were toying around with it in preseason since we were down to spit and prayers at WR but I feel like they like his blocking abilities too much.
Icness
NFL Analyst

Post#8 » by Icness » Fri Dec 13, 2013 9:44 pm

If they can get two legit TEs to play then absolutely i think VD moves to WR. But they could still tighten him in at times. I think I saw he's lined up flexed or wide like 70% already.
penquin11
Sixth Man
And1: 148

Post#9 » by penquin11 » Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:00 pm

-Clowney to Atlanta would be great for the Falcons, but I could almost see them trading down so that they could grab a DL and DE instead.

-I don't think that the Rams should draft an O-linemen that early given that they haven't been horrid blockers this season. I think the majority of their problems have to do with QB play.

- The Vikings definitely need a QB, however they also need a new defense. They need help at CB/S pretty badly... Not sure they grab a DB that early, but their receiving defense has been horrid this year.

- the Bills probably aren't going to draft Shazier as they have a very solid defense this year. I see them going OL, TE, WR, or really anywhere but LB right now. I could be wrong...

- The Browns would be nuts not to go for a QB in this draft at some point. I could see them holding out for Bortles, but I don't think I would draft a CB with my first pick if I was them. Instead, I would try to get some O-Line help in order to bolster both my passing and rushing game.

- Oakland needs to nail it with their first pick this year. While they have performed admirably at QB with what they have, I wouldn't be surprised if they choose to get a QB early on. Other than that they have to go BPA.

- the Steelers have a variety of needs, some pass rush help would be great, but they would have to be insane to pass up on a top tier OL prospect.

-------
Devilzsidewalk wrote:no, the DB's will just be thinking "damn, I thought that was going to be a run!" as they easily recover to intercept a Ponder pass 10 yards off the mark
CBFAlex
Rookie
And1: 69

Post#10 » by CBFAlex » Sat Jan 4, 2014 3:33 pm

As a Browns fan i dont really like the olamu pick seems like a reach for him an Corner not that much of a need, yes we could use a second corner but Id rather look at O-line help or reciever help even ILB is a bigger need

Return to NFL Draft