CBFAlex mock draft 1.0

Moderator: studcrackers

CBFAlex
Rookie
And1: 69

CBFAlex mock draft 1.0 

Post#1 » by CBFAlex » Sat Jan 4, 2014 3:31 pm

This is my first mock draft so bear with me

1st pick Houston Texans selcect- QB Teddy Bridgewater, Texans have to go the top qb here, I dont think anyone thinks Case Keenum is the answer at QB and Bridgewater is head and shoulder ahead of any other qb prospect, could see them going Mathews or Clowney or even trading down too wait on hometown favorite manziel, but i think Bridgewater is the pick here,

2 St. Rams- DE Jadeveon Clowney- I know alot of people have Mathews penciled in here but I think Clowney is too good to pass up, Clowney look like he will be a real star, I know there question of his work ethic but I think FIsher can get the most out of him, not really a position of need, but Rams do need Playmakers where evere they can get it, they can address there line at 13 or in later rounds

3. Jacksonville Jaguars- QB Blake Bortles- Jacksonville desperately needs a QB, and I think they take the somewhat local boy (dont really know how close UCF is to jacksonville but thats not the point) I see Blake Bortles as the second best pro prospect at QB great arm, pocket passer would be a good fit in jacksonville

4. Cleveland Browns- WR Sammy Watkins- I know everyone is screaming QB here but I feel you shouldn't reach for a qb they can look at one at 26 or in the 2nd/3rd round plus Hoyer is a solid option, I feel adding another offensive playmaker here is huge and a trio of Gordon Watkins and Cameron would make it hard for any qb in cleveland to struggle

5. Oakland Raiders- OT Jake Mathews- Raiders get a steal here landing the best O-line prospect, they have needs everywhere but getting a franchise LT is a very good place to start

6. Atlanta Falcons- OLB/DE Anthony Barr- Falcons take the best prospect on the board here in Barr, and can move him to DE which would much improve their pass rush, and should help them get a bounce back season

7. Tampa Bay Bucs- QB Johnny Manziel- Bucs need to find a franchise Qb here and go for Manziel though I do have some doubt about this pick since Lovie tends to ignore offense

8. Minnasota VIkings- QB Brett Hundley- I hav ea feeling hes prob going to stay in school, but if he comes out he could be a fit in Minnasota depending on who they hire as a head coach, though he may be a bit of a project he has the potential to be great

9. BUffalo BIlls- OLB/DE Khalil Mack- This is a very common pick here, and it makes too much sense, hometown kid, best player on the board and fits an immediate need

10- Detroit Lions- CB Justin GIlbert- They need a corner and GIlbert the best. I think GIlbert has the edge over Dennard, GIilbert has the size an athletism to be great in the NFL

11- Tennesee Titans- QB Derek Carr - they can get a qb, Locker has been decent but coming off injry might be team to replace him, you could let them compete in camp but id expect Carr to beat him out

12. New York Giants- OT Taylor Lewan, get a LT to help protect Eli, can move Beatty to RT and Pugh to Guard this would really help New Yorks pass protection

13- Rams- OT Cyrus Kouandjio, adding clowney to there defense was a big upgrade defensively now here they can adress there O-line, Kouandijo is a good pass blocker and can play opposite of Jake long

14- Chicago Bears- OLB CJ Mosely- Bears defense took a step back last year, Mosley can help them get back to there dominate defense of old.

15- Pittsbugh Steelers- WR Marquies Lee- Even if they resign Sanders Reciever is still a position of need, and Lee could be great opposite of Brown

16- Ravens- OT Greg Robinson- Ravens struggled to protect Flacco last year and with Oher and monroe free agent it means the need is even more bringingRobinson in would give them security if either of their tackles end up walkng

17- Dallas Cowboys- DT Louis Nix- With Hatcher a free agent they need a big man in the middle an nix is huge, injury concern could hold them back but i think its the right pick here

18- Jets- Mike Evans- Jets are very thin at WR and they can get Evans to give Geno someone to throw to, and try an fix that awful Offense

19 Dolphins Cedric Ogbuehi- The whole martin incognoito thing left them really thin on the O-line not to mention them letting long walk last year Ogburhi can fill that need, vould play RT or LT for Miami

20- Arizona Cardinals- OT Cameron Erving With the levi ABrown trade left a whole at LT and Erving fits it though they might consider taking a qb to groom behind palmer i see them waiting a few rounds for that

21- Green Bay Packers- Darqueze Dennard- Packers get a steal here in dennard, there defense has been lousy in recent years and dennard should help them in coverage

22- San Diego Chargers- Stephon Tuitt- DE- Charger have had a below average defense, have weakness at corner but with dennard and gilbert off the board i see them choosing to improve there pass rush

23- Eagles- S Ha ha Clinton-Dix- Eagles secondary hasnt been good, and CLinton dix, his size and athletism and ball hawking skills would drastically improve the eagles defense

24- Kansas City Cheifs- TE Eric Ebron, CHeifs need another Offensive weapon beside charles and bowe andgetting a TE like Ebron would really help Alex Smith an there passing game

25- Cincinati Bengals- CB Ifo Ekpre-Olomu with Leon Hall injry concerns and Newman getting older Bengals need a Corner and Olomu is a steal here

26- Cleveland Browns Select- Cyril RIchardson- Browns again pass on a chance to get a QB but instead inprove there O-line RIchardson can either play either guard or RT and lit swartaz move to guard, Browns guard play was awful last year so this would be a big upgrade

27- Saints- OT Antonio Richardson- Lot of people vary on there opinion of RIchardson, fact is he's huge and would be a big upgrade on the Saints O-line to protect Brees

28- New England Patriots- OG Zach Martin- Patriots Guard have been very Inconsitant this martin Martin adds an upgrade

29 San Francisco 49ers- OLB/DE Vic Beasely With no glaring needs niners take the best player on the board, and get a steal here

30. Panthers- WR Kelvin Benjiman, would be an upgrade over Ted GInn, and an eventually replacement for an aging steve smith

31- Broncos CB Jarrett Verrett They could always use more depth at corner and with champ aging he could be an eventually replacement

32 Seattle Seahawks- Jace Amaro is a great recieving TE giving Wilson another good weapon

What are your thoughts? who did I miss? leave me comments, this is only 1.0 leave me suggestion on how to make it better

Return to NFL Draft