My 1st round mock

Moderator: studcrackers

righterwriter
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,536

My 1st round mock 

Post#1 » by righterwriter » Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:06 pm

1. Texans QB T.Bridgewater (plug him in from day one and they go to the playoffs)
2. Rams OLB K. Mack (need a guy at LB that can get to the QB and play the run)
3. Jaguars DE J. Clowney
4. Browns QB B.Bortles
5. Raiders WR S.Watkins
6. Falcons OT G. Robinson
7. Buccaneers WR M.Evans
8. Vikings QB J.Manziel
9. Bills OT J.Mathews
10. Lions OLB/DE Anthony Barr (creates an even more frightening pass rush crew)
11. Titans OT T. Lewan
12. Giants DT A. Donald
13. Rams TE Eric Ebron
14. Bears DL Ra'Shede Hageman
15. Steelers CB J. Gilbert
16. Ravens ILB CJ Mosely
17. Cowboys DE Dee Ford (edge rusher to fill a spot the Cowboys need taken care of)
18. Jets CB Darqueze Dennard
19. Dolphins RT Zack Martin
20. Cardinals OLB Ryan Shazier (could be the final piece to an already dangerous defense)
21. Packers S Haha Clinton Dix
22. Eagles WR Brandin Cooks
23. Chiefs WR Marqise Lee
24. Bengals DE Kony Ealy
25. Chargers Jace Amaro
26. Browns QB David Carr
27. Saints WR Odell Beckham
28. Panthers WR Kelvin Benjamin
29. Patriots WR Jordan Mathews
30. 49ers CB Jason Verrett
31. Broncos ILB C. Borland
32. Seahawks DT Louis Nix
Cammo101
Mr. Mock Draft
And1: 1,765

Re: My 1st round mock 

Post#2 » by Cammo101 » Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:58 am

At this point it seems more likely the Texans take Bridgewater at the top of the 2nd round than the top of the first. It looks like all the QBs may be in for a drop.

St. Louis will either take Clowney or move the pick. They won't pass over him completely IMO.

I don't see any reason the Chargers reach on a 2nd round TE when they had Gates healthy last year and got good play out of their young tight end Ladarius Green. They have holes to fill at OLB, DT, OG, and CB.
righterwriter
Lead Assistant

Post#3 » by righterwriter » Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:02 am

Cammo101 wrote:At this point it seems more likely the Texans take Bridgewater at the top of the 2nd round than the top of the first. It looks like all the QBs may be in for a drop.

St. Louis will either take Clowney or move the pick. They won't pass over him completely IMO.

I don't see any reason the Chargers reach on a 2nd round TE when they had Gates healthy last year and got good play out of their young tight end Ladarius Green. They have holes to fill at OLB, DT, OG, and CB.

Bridgewater is rated as the #1 QB by every serious scouting site that I've been reading. He's being described as a guy with a lower ceiling than Bortles but who is likely to be ready to start right away and be at least a good starting NFL QB. I think it's being overlooked that the Texans have a roster that is ready to win now and the NFL is a win now league. With Andre Johnson, Arian Foster, DeAndre Hopkins, and Garrett Graham ready to contribute and basically no QB to work with them, it's hard to imagine that they go for a project QB in the draft and pass a guy that can be their franchise QB for a long time. I'm going to stick by this call, because Bridgewater is the best QB in the draft and ticks all of the important boxes.

St.Louis could deal back to trade Clowney, but the question is: where would they trade back to while still getting an impact guy at the top of the draft? Their biggest needs are at LB, WR, and S. I think they are targeting Watkins and Mack with their first pick, and trading back might well put these guys out of their reach since they are on the list for teams 3-6.

Regarding the Chargers taking a TE I think it's no secret that they will need a replacement for Gates soon, as he'll be 34 years old going into next season. Over the last ten games of last season he put up 38/372/2 TDs. You did bring up a good point about Ladarius Green looking like a player, so I'll change the pick.

While I'm at it, I've made a couple other changes, starting with Ebron to St.Louis. I looked at their depth chart again and I think they are good enough at TE, even though I think they'd love to have Ebron's standout receiving abilities. But I'll switch that one up and adjust other picks down the line.
righterwriter
Lead Assistant

Post#4 » by righterwriter » Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:25 am

Draft 1.1 (a few mid-round changes)

1. Texans QB T.Bridgewater (plug him in from day one and they go to the playoffs)
2. Rams OLB K. Mack (need a guy at LB that can get to the QB and play the run)
3. Jaguars DE J. Clowney
4. Browns QB B.Bortles
5. Raiders WR S.Watkins
6. Falcons OT G. Robinson
7. Buccaneers WR M.Evans
8. Vikings QB J.Manziel
9. Bills OT J.Mathews
10. Lions OLB/DE Anthony Barr (creates an even more frightening pass rush crew)
11. Titans OT T. Lewan
12. Giants DT A. Donald
13. Rams CB J.Gilbert (Rams take top cover guy to take on the dangerous WR's in the NFC West)
15. Steelers CB D.Dennard
16. Cowboys DE Dee Ford (edge rusher to fill a spot the Cowboys need taken care of)
17. Ravens ILB CJ Mosely
18. Jets TE Eric Ebron (found money to get a killer TE prospect at #18)
20. Cardinals OLB Ryan Shazier (could be the final piece to an already dangerous defense)
21. Packers S Haha Clinton Dix
24. Bengals DE Kony Ealy
25. Chargers OG Xavier Sua Filo
26. Browns WR Odell Beckham
27. Saints WR Jordan Mathews
28. Panthers WR Kelvin Benjamin
29. Raiders (trade with Patriots: #29 for #36, #67, and 2015 3rd rd pick)- QB D. Carr
31. Broncos ILB C. Borland
32. Seahawks DT Louis Nix
sunshinekids99
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 228

Post#5 » by sunshinekids99 » Sat Apr 19, 2014 11:47 am

Just a few things I would change.

1.I don't see Bridgewater going number one, he's going to fall.
2. Clowney goes 1.
3. Clinton-Dix is too low
4. As a Pats fan I really don't see them taking a WR. With the Pats history it's doubtful the Pats even keep the pick at that spot. May see someone trying to trade into the late first for someone like Carr.
righterwriter
Lead Assistant

Post#6 » by righterwriter » Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:55 pm

sunshinekids99 wrote:Just a few things I would change.

2. Clowney goes 1.
4. As a Pats fan I really don't see them taking a WR. With the Pats history it's doubtful the Pats even keep the pick at that spot. May see someone trying to trade into the late first for someone like Carr.

Yeah, I could see the Pats trading back. I do think they need a WR (or two), but there are lots of potentially good ones that should be available through the first three rounds. I didn't include trades, because they are hard to forecast usually.
sunshinekids99
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 228

Post#7 » by sunshinekids99 » Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:13 pm

righterwriter wrote:
sunshinekids99 wrote:Just a few things I would change.

2. Clowney goes 1.

Yeah, I could see the Pats trading back. I do think they need a WR (or two), but there are lots of potentially good ones that should be available through the first three rounds. I didn't include trades, because they are hard to forecast usually.

I agree trades are really tough to judge. I just don't see the Pats going early with a WR when they have Edleman, Amendola, Lafell, Dobson, Boyce, Tompkins. If the Pats go skill guy early I fully expect it to be a guy that can fill the hole that was left when Hernandez decided to be a gangster. Otherwise I expect the Pats took look at the guard spot or defensive tackle. Other areas of need would be pass rushing de, depth at linebacker and a bigger safety.
AllMyNeilOlshey
Junior
And1: 42

Post#8 » by AllMyNeilOlshey » Sun Apr 20, 2014 3:15 am

Has anyone ever taken two quarterbacks in round 1? Browns are always being innovators.
righterwriter
Lead Assistant

Post#9 » by righterwriter » Sun Apr 20, 2014 6:37 am

AllMyNeilOlshey wrote:Has anyone ever taken two quarterbacks in round 1? Browns are always being innovators.

Haha...good eye. :lol: I'll just edit that one around.

Worked out well, as I slid some WR's around and if Carr falls to the Patriots then its the perfect place for a trade (as Sunshine Kids suggested the Patriots are prone to do).
studcrackers
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 6,100

Post#10 » by studcrackers » Sun Apr 20, 2014 7:16 am

you have the cowboys picking 17th instead of 16th. switch them and the ravens
Jugs wrote: I saw two buttholes
gswhoops
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,745

Post#11 » by gswhoops » Mon Apr 21, 2014 1:36 pm

Verrett would be a nice get for the Niners, though I'm convinced we'll have to trade up to land one of the top CBs.
CentralQB5
Pro Prospect
And1: 47

Post#12 » by CentralQB5 » Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:28 pm

You mean Derek Carr? I think David would love t get drafted again but i think he's way past his days
number1joker
Banned User
And1: 218

Post#13 » by number1joker » Fri Apr 25, 2014 7:12 am

as a Raiders fan I can live with with this
ORLeprechaun
Ballboy
And1: 4

Post#14 » by ORLeprechaun » Sat May 3, 2014 10:17 pm

Swap the Falcons and Rams pick. Robinson to St. Louis and Mack to Atlanta.
righterwriter
Lead Assistant

Post#15 » by righterwriter » Tue May 6, 2014 7:04 am

Updated 5/6... (with fun trades and stuff)

1. Browns- (trade #4 and #26 for #1....CLE also trades 4th rd pick for K.Cousins)- Jadeveon Clowney
2. Rams OLB K. Mack (LB that can get to the QB and play the run)
3. Jaguars OT G.Robinson
4. Texans QB T.Bridgewater (more comfortable spot for the Texans to take their future QB)
5. Raiders WR S.Watkins
6. Falcons OT J.Mathews
7. Buccaneers WR M.Evans
8. Vikings QB B.Bortles
9. Bills WR Odell Beckham
10. Lions S Haha Clinton Dix
11. Titans QB J.Manziel (also, Titans trade Jake Locker to AZ Cardinals for '15 3rd and 5th rd pick)
12. Giants DT A. Donald
13. Cowboys (trade #16 to St.L for #13, 3rd rd pick, future 3rd rd pick) OLB/DE Anthony Barr
15. Steelers CB Justin Gilbert
16. Rams OT T.Lewan
17. Packers (trade #21, 3rd rd, and 5th rd pick to Ravens for #17) TE Eric Ebron
18. Jets WR Cody Latimer (big bodied WR that can fight in the air for Geno Smith's inaccurate throws)
21. Ravens DE Dee Ford (heir apparent to Suggs?)
24. Jacksonville Jaguars (trade #35 and 2014 2nd rd pick to CIN for #24)- QB D.Carr
25. Chargers OG Xavier Sua Filo
26. Texans LB CJ Mosely (a steal at 26 and exactly the toughness they need behind their impressive line)
27. Saints C Marcus Martin
28. Panthers WR Allen Robinson
29. Patriots DT Louis Nix
31. Broncos CB Kyle Fuller
32. Seahawks DT Dominique Easley
Yunsen
Senior
And1: 263

Post#16 » by Yunsen » Tue May 6, 2014 11:04 pm

No way Titans are getting that much for Locker.

Return to NFL Draft