Reduction in Penn State sanctions

Moderator: studcrackers

LAKESHOW
RealGM
And1: 4,177

Reduction in Penn State sanctions 

Post#1 » by LAKESHOW » Wed Sep 25, 2013 1:02 am

The NCAA said Tuesday that it will reduce the unprecedented sanctions against Penn State's football program by gradually restoring scholarships starting next season.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/sto ... use-matter

WTF?!?! USC IS STILL TAKING ON SANCTIONS AND LOSS OF SCHOLARSHIP? YET CHILD MOLESTATION IS ALRIGHT?!? this is total BS. FU NCAA!!
Home of the 17 Time World Champions
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,199

Re: Reduction in Penn State sanctions 

Post#2 » by bondom34 » Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:52 am

Dude, calm down. Noone at PSU now did anything.
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
Da Schwab
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,619

Post#3 » by Da Schwab » Wed Sep 25, 2013 5:02 pm

He makes a decent point. The NCAA is dragging its feet with a lot of things and putting Penn State front and center is kind of a cop out on their end.

They've gone through this whole scandal/ruling in the course of 20 months, but haven't done anything in the matter of Miami or other major programs on their radar. It kind of seems like a ploy to get some good PR after how ridiculous the last calendar year has been for the NCAA.
LAKESHOW
RealGM

Post#4 » by LAKESHOW » Wed Sep 25, 2013 5:34 pm

Penn State is nothing. Penn State is nobody. Multiply themselves by 100, they still add up to zero....if it wasnt for Joe Paterno. Joe Paterno built, born, raised up, nurtured and was everything to that program. Joe paterno was king, emperor, savior and God to Penn State. Dude was there since the 60s or 50s or whatever. The president, athletic director...no one could tell joe what to do. No one. But when a parent comes to joe, and complains to joe saying his son is being penetrated by his long time friend and assistant coach....the King does nothing. So when you say joe paterno is passed and no longer has anything to do with PSU, then one needs to ask...how old are you? Because you seem to not have an understanding of penn states program beyond yesterday.
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#5 » by bondom34 » Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:03 pm

Lakeshow, believe what you will, but there is actual proof of Joe not wanting Sandusky around the program (especially with kids from his charity) after retirement. The Freeh report included a letter signed by Paterno saying as much, and he was overrided by the AD. As for a school that's "nothing", how bout you ask Silas Redd where he'd like to be right now?
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
LAKESHOW
RealGM

Post#6 » by LAKESHOW » Wed Sep 25, 2013 8:31 pm

Lol. That letter was produced after the sh** hit the fan and all hell broke loose. Of course after allegations, and the media world descends upon happy happy, truly happy valley, then pow...whataya know...heres a written letter signed by Joe after the fact!!! Listen...lets just agree to disagree. You believe in the innocence of the emporor, King of happy valley, who had no power over the program. And i will believe otherwise. Okay. Lets just agree to disagree.
Da Schwab
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#7 » by Da Schwab » Wed Sep 25, 2013 8:44 pm

bondom34 wrote:Lakeshow, believe what you will, but there is actual proof of Joe not wanting Sandusky around the program (especially with kids from his charity) after retirement. The Freeh report included a letter signed by Paterno saying as much, and he was overrided by the AD. As for a school that's "nothing", how bout you ask Silas Redd where he'd like to be right now?

I'm pretty sure Silas Redd would rather be at a school that will go to a bowl game than one that isn't.
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#8 » by bondom34 » Thu Sep 26, 2013 2:28 am

He may, but we've also seen the direction of each program the last 2 years....as for the letter, believe what you like, keep thinking everyone at psu is evil, but I'm prouder of by degree there than anything else I've got
Da Schwab
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#9 » by Da Schwab » Thu Sep 26, 2013 2:48 am

bondom34 wrote:He may, but we've also seen the direction of each program the last 2 years....as for the letter, believe what you like, keep thinking everyone at psu is evil, but I'm prouder of by degree there than anything else I've got

I don't think people believe Penn State is inherently evil, but the regime that was there when this happened certainly didn't set a good example for the future. No one is knocking your degree, either.
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#10 » by bondom34 » Thu Sep 26, 2013 2:58 am

Schwabby wrote:
bondom34 wrote:He may, but we've also seen the direction of each program the last 2 years....as for the letter, believe what you like, keep thinking everyone at psu is evil, but I'm prouder of by degree there than anything else I've got

I don't think people believe Penn State is inherently evil, but the regime that was there when this happened certainly didn't set a good example for the future. No one is knocking your degree, either.

I know, but I still feel although terrible things happened, it was portrayed that everyone involved with the football team was in on it, when I don't think that's the case. I think Joe could have done more, but part of that was his age and how things were when he was younger. I think if he really knew everything that he certainly would have done more. I'm more sick of espn's portrayal, then flip back to their current view. And FYI Lakeshow, I actually do agree SCs sanctions should be eliminated as well. Just sick of the ncaa as a whole.

Return to NCAA Football