Pac 12 best conference in 2014

Moderator: studcrackers

El Turco
GOTB Fantasy Basketball Ultimate 2x Champion
And1: 20,560

Re: Pac 12 best conference in 2014 

Post#21 » by El Turco » Sat Oct 19, 2013 8:22 pm

uw hasn't looked good very good either, i thought they would be better this season, same with stanford. asu's only quality win came because of a ref mistake and osu lost to a division II team. i guess ucla is the only team exceeding expectations so far, we'll see how they look today.
TheLowlySquire wrote:Wow, Arda! Huge!

Howard Mass wrote:Arda is not a terrorist. Arda is a good person.
El Turco

Post#22 » by El Turco » Sat Oct 19, 2013 8:24 pm

brackdan70 wrote:
El MyLittlePony wrote:
brackdan70 wrote:
definitely an argument for the SEC but ACC...please. 3 good teams and the rest pretty average to bad.

pac 12 has 3 good teams as well, except their 3 good teams is not as good as acc's 3 good teams.

seems to me Oregon is better than these 3 ACC teams, Stan, UCLA, UW would all be in the mix with them. the next 5 Pac-12 teams all better than the rest of the ACC.

i would go with oregon, clemson, florida st, miami, ucla, stanford so far in that order. and that's trying to be objective, i wouldn't bet on oregon against fsu or clemson. if you're going 4th teams i think virginia tech is better than uw, that defense is very good. rest is crap vs. crap, can't differentiate.

brackdan70
RealGM
And1: 8,282

Post#23 » by brackdan70 » Sat Oct 19, 2013 8:31 pm

El MyLittlePony wrote:
brackdan70 wrote:
El MyLittlePony wrote:
pac 12 has 3 good teams as well, except their 3 good teams is not as good as acc's 3 good teams.

seems to me Oregon is better than these 3 ACC teams, Stan, UCLA, UW would all be in the mix with them. the next 5 Pac-12 teams all better than the rest of the ACC.

i would go with oregon, clemson, florida st, miami, ucla, stanford so far in that order. and that's trying to be objective, i wouldn't bet on oregon against fsu or clemson. if you're going 4th teams i think virginia tech is better than uw, that defense is very good. rest is crap vs. crap, can't differentiate.

I won't argue with your first sentence...so hard to compare unless they play. Virginia tech has not beaten a good team yet IMO.
I think we have a west coast bias vs east coast bias here :)
Sign here
brackdan70
RealGM

Post#24 » by brackdan70 » Sat Oct 19, 2013 8:48 pm

El MyLittlePony wrote:uw hasn't looked good very good either, i thought they would be better this season, same with stanford. asu's only quality win came because of a ref mistake and osu lost to a division II team. i guess ucla is the only team exceeding expectations so far, we'll see how they look today.

all we no for sure based on actual game played is USC is way better than BC and Oregon is way better than Virginia. you can jump to conclusions from there.
Sign here
brackdan70
RealGM

Post#25 » by brackdan70 » Sat Oct 19, 2013 8:54 pm

El MyLittlePony wrote:uw hasn't looked good very good either, i thought they would be better this season, same with stanford. asu's only quality win came because of a ref mistake and osu lost to a division II team. i guess ucla is the only team exceeding expectations so far, we'll see how they look today.

Any team that play at stanford and then Oregon loses those two games.

yes OSU's loss was embarrasing and stupid.
Not saying ASU is a great team but they would be 4th in the ACC this year.
Sign here
El Turco

Post#26 » by El Turco » Sat Oct 19, 2013 9:04 pm

brackdan70 wrote:

all we no for sure based on actual game played is USC is way better than BC and Oregon is way better than Virginia. you can jump to conclusions from there.

well duh oregon suppose to be the best team in pac12 while virginia is bottom dweller in its conference, i'd hope they are better than virginia. usc barely scored a touchdown against wsu and allowed 62 to asu couple weeks later, they are not a quality team, neither is boston college, they don't make a difference for me.

asu hardly impressed me when i watched them against wisconsin and stanford , take out colorado and sac st games they might have one of the worst defenses in bcs conferences, i am not convinced they are better than pittsburgh let alone v-tech.

brackdan70
RealGM

Post#27 » by brackdan70 » Sat Oct 19, 2013 9:15 pm

El MyLittlePony wrote:
brackdan70 wrote:

well duh oregon suppose to be the best team in pac12 while virginia is bottom dweller in its conference, i'd hope they are better than virginia. usc barely scored a touchdown against wsu and allowed 62 to asu couple weeks later, they are not a quality team, neither is boston college, they don't make a difference for me.

asu hardly impressed me when i watched them against wisconsin and stanford , take out colorado and sac st games they might have one of the worst defenses in bcs conferences, i am not convinced they are better than pittsburgh let alone v-tech.

well you should convince yourself because it is probably the case.
BC looked pretty competitive against Clemson and not so much against USC. Virginia seems to be pretty competitive in the ACC so far and completely inept against Oregon at home.
Pac-12 is top to bottom better than the ACC.
looking closer at Miami...their only decent win against Florida at home does not look as shiny as it used too.
Sign here
El Turco

Post#28 » by El Turco » Sat Oct 19, 2013 9:30 pm

Miami's win over Florida is better than any out of conference win by a Pac12 team, so is Clemson s win over full strength Georgia. So acc has the 2 best out of conference wins and Pac 12 has the worst out of conference loss.

Sure Pac 12's crap teams could be better than acc's crap teams, give me acc when it comes to the meat of the conference

brackdan70
RealGM

Post#29 » by brackdan70 » Sat Oct 19, 2013 9:41 pm

El MyLittlePony wrote:Miami's win over Florida is better than any out of conference win by a Pac12 team, so is Clemson s win over full strength Georgia. So acc has the 2 best out of conference wins and Pac 12 has the worst out of conference loss.

Sure Pac 12's crap teams could be better than acc's crap teams, give me acc when it comes to the meat of the conference

my point is there is no meat in the ACC.

FSU and Clemsen are good sure. Miami is solid but a tier below. Virginia tech is the fourth team and struggled with Marshall and East Carolina. Mayland has been exposed as pretty average. so thats your meat? the rest is not good.
Sign here
El Turco

Post#30 » by El Turco » Sat Oct 19, 2013 9:55 pm

3 top ten teams another one probably going to be ranked after this week, that's more meat than all conferences except for sec.

don't know why you're getting all upset about this, nobody is saying pac12 is a bad conference, just not the top one.

brackdan70
RealGM

Post#31 » by brackdan70 » Sat Oct 19, 2013 10:08 pm

El MyLittlePony wrote:3 top ten teams another one probably going to be ranked after this week, that's more meat than all conferences except for sec.

don't know why you're getting all upset about this, nobody is saying pac12 is a bad conference, just not the top one.

just saying the ACC is not better
Sign here
El Turco

Post#32 » by El Turco » Sat Oct 19, 2013 10:10 pm

well according to polls rest of the america disagrees.

El Turco

Post#33 » by El Turco » Sun Oct 20, 2013 12:51 am

told ya uw wasn't good.

brackdan70
RealGM

Post#34 » by brackdan70 » Sun Oct 20, 2013 1:01 am

El MyLittlePony wrote:told ya uw wasn't good.

nice logic
Sign here
brackdan70
RealGM

Post#35 » by brackdan70 » Sun Oct 20, 2013 3:48 pm

El MyLittlePony wrote:Miami's win over Florida is better than any out of conference win by a Pac12 team, so is Clemson s win over full strength Georgia. So acc has the 2 best out of conference wins and Pac 12 has the worst out of conference loss.

besides those two wins and Virginia at home over BYU the whole conference has nothing else to mention...nothing. no other wins over even average BCS teams or other half decent teams. All those wins are at home. best road win is....Miami over USF I guess. not too impressive.

Pac-12 has beat. Tennessee, Nebraska, Wisconsin, BYU, Boise State, Illinois, BC, Virginia, Utah State, and a few more half decent mid-majors.
ACC has manged 10 losses against a weak non-conference schedule. Pac-12 has 6 losses. ACC still has a couple tough games to go against SEC teams and Notre Dame, so maybe if they win those they can be in the conversation.
Sign here
El Turco

Post#36 » by El Turco » Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:21 pm

Dunno man Pac12 just lost another ranked team while acc is close to having 4 teams in top 15, your argument seems to get weaker by the week

Sent from my HTC One using RealGM Forums mobile app

brackdan70
RealGM

Post#37 » by brackdan70 » Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:14 am

El MyLittlePony wrote:Dunno man Pac12 just lost another ranked team while acc is close to having 4 teams in top 15, your argument seems to get weaker by the week

Sent from my HTC One using RealGM Forums mobile app

if you think # of teams ranked in the AP top 25 is a good way to judge conferences you might want to re-asses your thinking a little.
but if you want to use AP votes then we can. sure ACC has 4 ranked teams but nothing else. Pac 12 has 7 teams receiving votes.

You could also consider unbiased rankings like computer rankings.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/ncaaf/sagarin/
pac-12 has 10 teams in the top 50.
ACC has 5...
Sign here
El Turco

Post#38 » by El Turco » Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:19 am

lol how about top 150? how far do you need to go back to find another good team in pac 12?

brackdan70
RealGM

Post#39 » by brackdan70 » Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:14 pm

El MyLittlePony wrote:lol how about top 150? how far do you need to go back to find another good team in pac 12?

LOL. another good team? only 10 out of 12 are good i guess. do you think that is a strong argument. worrying about the two worst teams. Colorado is 88 and Cal 111 in this ranking.

worst ACC team is 94 I believe. so yes ACCs worst team is better than Pac-12 worst. you win that one. but the Pac-12 as whole is clearly much better than the ACC. 10 good teams vs 5. If not in the top 50 i can't consider it a good team.
FSU looks real strong for sure, but after that...meh.
Sign here
El Turco

Post#40 » by El Turco » Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:55 pm

cool and if not in top 25 i can't consider it a good team, and pac 12 just doesn't measure up there. shifting goal posts sure fun.

you're all over the place, in matter of days acc went from 3 good team to nothing else to 4 good teams to nothing else to 1 good team and nothing else? i can tell you're excited but it is bit ambitious to say pac 12 is the best when you have a shaky argument about being second best.

Return to NCAA Football