studcrackers
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 6,100

Re: BCS title game and prediction/game thread 

Post#141 » by studcrackers » Tue Jan 7, 2014 5:27 am

iCooter wrote:
studcrackers wrote:ok state has to open up against fsu to start next year :cry:

That's good no? I used to always rank the number one teams in my schedules on NCAA football so I could get ranked higher, faster.

I took the USF Bulls to the Rose bowl this year but lost to Bama.

well yea, in video games that's what you do, but we're losing our best players and they're returning a sh*tton of their best players. not like gundy's good enough to pull off that upset anyways
Jugs wrote: I saw two buttholes
Da Schwab
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,619

Post#142 » by Da Schwab » Tue Jan 7, 2014 6:05 pm

I had to be at work super early this morning, so i caught the second half after I woke up. What a crazy fourth quarter and a great way to send off the BCS. For all the hate it has gotten over the last 15 years, it produced some absolutely amazing games.

My favorite thing about Jameis Winston, and I guess the Noles as a whole, is that when they start slow they don't tend to panic. They realize the game is 60 minutes and allow themselves to take a deep breath.

Auburn shouldn't be disappointed in the least. No one expected them to make it this far and they just couldn't muster up one more miracle. They could very well make another run next year in what will be a stacked SEC.
craig01
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 483

Post#143 » by craig01 » Tue Jan 7, 2014 10:01 pm

That last 5 minutes was worth getting only a few hours of sleep last night.

Great game.
Basketball is driven by three principles:

1) Movement 2) Application of fundamentals 3) Predictability
craig01
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 483

Post#144 » by craig01 » Tue Jan 7, 2014 10:01 pm

That last 5 minutes was worth getting only a few hours of sleep last night.

Great game.
Basketball is driven by three principles:

1) Movement 2) Application of fundamentals 3) Predictability
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 16,861

Post#145 » by Stanford » Wed Jan 8, 2014 12:36 am

iCooter wrote:Image

[tweet]https://twitter.com/DeeDeeBonner/status/420444501329870848[/tweet]

I guess that, uh, settles that?
Celtics_Champs
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,971

Post#146 » by Celtics_Champs » Wed Jan 8, 2014 1:17 am

Why release a statement when you can tweet like a fourteen year old?
El Turco
GOTB Fantasy Basketball Ultimate 2x Champion
And1: 20,560

Post#147 » by El Turco » Wed Jan 8, 2014 5:40 pm

Schwabby wrote:I had to be at work super early this morning, so i caught the second half after I woke up. What a crazy fourth quarter and a great way to send off the BCS. For all the hate it has gotten over the last 15 years, it produced some absolutely amazing games.

My favorite thing about Jameis Winston, and I guess the Noles as a whole, is that when they start slow they don't tend to panic. They realize the game is 60 minutes and allow themselves to take a deep breath.

Auburn shouldn't be disappointed in the least. No one expected them to make it this far and they just couldn't muster up one more miracle. They could very well make another run next year in what will be a stacked SEC.

wut? they never started slow before, had at least two possession leads at the half in every game this season, in fact this game was first time in months where starters were on the field halfway through third quarter.

also disagree about bcs, out of 16 title games only 3 of them were worth a damn imo, quite a few mismatches.
TheLowlySquire wrote:Wow, Arda! Huge!

Howard Mass wrote:Arda is not a terrorist. Arda is a good person.
Da Schwab
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,619

Post#148 » by Da Schwab » Wed Jan 8, 2014 7:05 pm

El MyLittlePony wrote:
Schwabby wrote:I had to be at work super early this morning, so i caught the second half after I woke up. What a crazy fourth quarter and a great way to send off the BCS. For all the hate it has gotten over the last 15 years, it produced some absolutely amazing games.

wut? they never started slow before, had at least two possession leads at the half in every game this season, in fact this game was first time in months where starters were on the field halfway through third quarter.

also disagree about bcs, out of 16 title games only 3 of them were worth a damn imo, quite a few mismatches.

They started slow against UF and Boston College. Granted the game against the Gators ended well, they didn't take off until right before halftime.

And, I wasn't referring to just the BCS title games. There were plenty of great Rose and Fiesta Bowls.
El Turco
GOTB Fantasy Basketball Ultimate 2x Champion
And1: 20,560

Post#149 » by El Turco » Wed Jan 8, 2014 7:46 pm

i guess we have a different definition of starting slow, when a team starts slow i expect them to play from behind, they played from behind for about quarter worth of game play in total between those two games(all in bc game).
TheLowlySquire wrote:Wow, Arda! Huge!

Howard Mass wrote:Arda is not a terrorist. Arda is a good person.

Return to NCAA Football