Mississippi Football

Moderator: studcrackers

kerry kittles
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,198

Mississippi Football 

Post#1 » by kerry kittles » Mon Oct 6, 2014 5:44 pm

I'm more of a casual fan/observer and haven't posted on this board before. But really wanted to ask this question: are Ole Miss and Mississippi State for real, one of them, or neither? And how do you project the rest of the year to go for them? I know the SEC is a dog fight each week. Dak Prescott has really impressed these past 2 weeks watching, Ole Miss was impressive knocking off Bama.

I'm from NY, never been to a big time college football game - my college was a mediocre D1AA school. It's always been on my bucketlist to see a big time college game - preferably an SEC game. My friends and I are currently very seriously discussing going to the Egg Bowl. Would be a little disappointed if they fell off after this hot start to the season. But don't want to wait to long as flights and everything will become more expensive.
El Turco
GOTB Fantasy Basketball Ultimate 2x Champion
And1: 20,557

Re: Mississippi Football 

Post#2 » by El Turco » Mon Oct 6, 2014 8:18 pm

both have been making lot of strides in recruiting and returning lot of starters from previous years. they are great teams but problem is their schedules are brutal so might get to that game with a loss or two. still should be a great game.
TheLowlySquire wrote:Wow, Arda! Huge!

Howard Mass wrote:Arda is not a terrorist. Arda is a good person.
TheKingofSting
RealGM
And1: 2,163

Post#3 » by TheKingofSting » Wed Oct 8, 2014 2:50 am

Ole Miss cheats imo
President of the Quinn Cook Fan Club

Bradley Beal has D Wade potential
kerry kittles
Assistant Coach

Post#4 » by kerry kittles » Thu Oct 9, 2014 11:51 am

El Turco wrote:both have been making lot of strides in recruiting and returning lot of starters from previous years. they are great teams but problem is their schedules are brutal so might get to that game with a loss or two. still should be a great game.

Thanks for the reply! Was thinking that, but yes, it should be a great game/experience anyway, looking to finalize a trip there in the next couple days
studcrackers
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 6,100

Post#5 » by studcrackers » Thu Oct 9, 2014 2:09 pm

I think both teams will drop at least one game, like mentioned above the competition they play is just insane. With the Miss schools being good this year, the sec west gets that much tougher. I think both will have a loss heading into the egg bowl but I wouldn't let that deter you from making the trip. I'm constantly hearing that the tailgating in Oxford is one of if not the best in the country.

Btw, at this moment I think Auburn and Miss St are the 2 best teams going right now
Jugs wrote: I saw two buttholes
studcrackers
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 6,100

Post#6 » by studcrackers » Thu Oct 9, 2014 2:09 pm

If ya do make the plunge, let us know how the trip goes
Jugs wrote: I saw two buttholes
craig01
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 483

Post#7 » by craig01 » Sat Oct 11, 2014 1:25 pm

Anyone wanna bet both schools have one loss after today?

It's been a storybook beginning for both schools, but today is when their march to prominence is tested and gets much more difficult in the SEC west. This is what makes the SEC so tough .... You win a big game but then you might have three or four consecutive big games after that.

If both schools win today, maybe I'll become a believer in their legitimacy , but until then.....
Basketball is driven by three principles:

1) Movement 2) Application of fundamentals 3) Predictability
TheKingofSting
RealGM

Post#8 » by TheKingofSting » Sun Oct 12, 2014 1:47 am

Ole Miss is off to a hot start at A&M.

El Turco

Post#9 » by El Turco » Sun Oct 12, 2014 3:45 am

craig01 wrote:Anyone wanna bet both schools have one loss after today?

no

kerry kittles
Assistant Coach

Post#10 » by kerry kittles » Sun Oct 12, 2014 4:38 am

studcrackers wrote:If ya do make the plunge, let us know how the trip goes

Thanks will do as it looks like I will be making the trip.

I had this idea for awhile , actually even looked into tickets before the season started. I was watching Mississippi St/Texas A&M last week and said to a group of college friends half joking/half serious if Ole Miss beats Bama later I'll buy tickets on the spot. At that moment I checked and tickets were a shade under $100 on stubhub, during the 3rd quarter of that Miss State game. I had friends interested throughout, but they were drinking. The next day I sent out a more serious text when sober if they really wanted to do this and they backed out.

I asked a friend from home to go, and he was interested from the start. Booked a hotel Thursday since there was free cancellation and didn't want to chance anything as there only 2 hotels with rooms available within a 30 mile radius. The next day everything was gone, so I got lucky there. He told me to buy tickets if both teams win today, so i jumped on stubhub about half an hour ago and bought 2 tickets for a shade under $300/each - sucks that I'm paying $200 more, but hey it's shaping up to be a hell of a game.
craig01
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#11 » by craig01 » Sun Oct 12, 2014 3:16 pm

El Turco wrote:
craig01 wrote:Anyone wanna bet both schools have one loss after today?

no

The state of Mississippi shock-fest this years continues.

I will happily eat crow on this one, as this is a great story for both schools.

Now, Miss St should be much closer to the top of the poll ladder after yesterday's thumping.

No. 1 Miss St
No. 2 Mississippi
No. 3 FSU

kerry kittles
Assistant Coach

Post#12 » by kerry kittles » Fri Nov 28, 2014 3:44 pm

I'm sitting at the airport now awaiting my flight to Nashville and then driving down to Ole miss for the game tomorrow. Thank you all for the responses and encouragement. Been watching all their games this season and it's been rough this past month - pretry heartbreaking losses at LSU and home against Auburn, and then not showing up last weekend. Think it will still be a good experience as they say Ole Miss never loses a party.

Hoping this is the start of something I'd like to continue to do while I'm young, see more of the country, meet new people, experience new things, hopefully see some good games. Will give a report on the trip when I get back.
El Turco

Post#13 » by El Turco » Fri Nov 28, 2014 6:23 pm

kerry kittles wrote:I'm sitting at the airport now awaiting my flight to Nashville and then driving down to Ole miss for the game tomorrow. Thank you all for the responses and encouragement. Been watching all their games this season and it's been rough this past month - pretry heartbreaking losses at LSU and home against Auburn, and then not showing up last weekend. Think it will still be a good experience as they say Ole Miss never loses a party.

Hoping this is the start of something I'd like to continue to do while I'm young, see more of the country, meet new people, experience new things, hopefully see some good games. Will give a report on the trip when I get back.

post some pics

TheKingofSting
RealGM

Post#14 » by TheKingofSting » Sat Nov 29, 2014 3:12 am

Pics or it didn't happen.

craig01
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#15 » by craig01 » Sun Nov 30, 2014 5:05 am

Great seasons for both teams, Mississippi was a bit if a surprise today in beating MSU by 14 points.

That leaves the Heisman for either Mariotta or Gordon.

kerry kittles
Assistant Coach

Post#16 » by kerry kittles » Sun Dec 7, 2014 8:23 pm

Some pics I promised. Hopefully they all came out okay. It was a hell of a game, crowd was so electric. They were on their feet going nuts almost the entire game. Very different from a Jets/Giants games, my previous experiences, but probably similar to most big college games.

The tailgate atmosphere was so unique. 10 acre area lined with tents and people went all out. There were tents with 3 tvs, astroturf down, sternos with catered food. Passed one with a strob light, fog machine, and some dj equipment. It was very impressive. It was also cool how the players walk right through there to get to the game. People were very friendly, met some nice people who helped my friend and I have a great time. My biggest regret/thing i would like to change in the future, is getting a hotel closer and jumping on tickets early. Paid a lot for the tickets when i bought them and we stayed 25 minutes/miles away. My friend and I drank a lot prior to the game, but didn't go out to square after something I would've liked to do, as we had just sobered up by not drinking for 5 hours, and didn't want to get in a position where we couldn't drive as the cab system down there was pretty nonexistant. Something you're not use to coming from New York.

Seemed to get more of my friends liking this idea who are now very interested in coming along next year. Thinking of returning for the LSU game as we were told they hate LSU or maybe going to Tuscaloosa or elsewhere. So hopefully i can jump on tickets when they go on sale, get a hotel right away and if not try to arrange some car service ahead of time.

Return to NCAA Football