Moderator: studcrackers

Da Schwab
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,619

Re: Week 15 thread 

Post#21 » by Da Schwab » Sun Dec 7, 2014 1:17 pm

El Turco wrote:
Da Schwab wrote: just bulldozing our way through the F*ckeyes.

nice.

given the situation best osu performance probably in over a decade but tcu still has a slightly better resume. let's hope billion dollar figures bama-osu game would provide blind the committee.

According to what I just read, it's the first time in 40 years they've shutout a ranked opponent.

That loss was embarrassing, though. I mean, I called them laying that egg, but at least score for f*ck sake.

As for the playoff, I have this awful feeling that the committee will panic and do something terrible like catapult FSU to #1, sandwich Bama and Oregon together, and stick Baylor in at #4 because their loss is better than OSU's.

I would personally have it as: Oregon, Bama, FSU, Ohio St., since I think Oregon is the best overall team in the nation.

It's just sh*tty for TCU that they're one terrible OPI call in that Baylor game from being unbeaten and probably #1 overall.
El Turco
GOTB Fantasy Basketball Ultimate 2x Champion
And1: 20,560

Post#22 » by El Turco » Sun Dec 7, 2014 2:40 pm

that pi call is way too overstated, baylor would've won that game in overtime with the way tcu was shell shocked.

no way baylor gets in at this point, heck they should be banned any future playoffs until they schedule a team ooc that doesn't resemble a high school squad. fsu should be numero uno though.
TheLowlySquire wrote:Wow, Arda! Huge!

Howard Mass wrote:Arda is not a terrorist. Arda is a good person.
dice
RealGM
And1: 12,537

Post#23 » by dice » Sun Dec 7, 2014 7:54 pm

El Turco wrote:
dice wrote:
Da Schwab wrote:So, Ohio State, Baylor, or TCU?

i think OSU WILL get the nod because, you know, prisoner of the moment mentality. as well as laziness, as the committee would surely prefer to punt on a very tough call between baylor and TCU. but OSU struggled to get through with 1 loss more than the other two teams did: struggled against navy, lost at HOME to VAtech, barely got by penn state...

tcu barely beat the worst program in a power 5 conference. baylor struggled against horrible texas tech team. osu played only one team as bad as texas tech and kansas, and beat em by 66.

pretty convoluted criteria you've got there. you know as well as i do that kent state is not on the level of even the worst power 5 schools. but yes, ohio state had the toughest schedule of the 3 teams. and given the extra game, the better record as well. i don't have a problem with OSU getting the #4 slot. just pointing out that they had more close games and easily the worst loss on the 3 resumes. and both of those things should factor in
the donald, always unpopular, did worse in EVERY state in 2020. and by a greater margin in red states! 50 independently-run elections, none of them rigged
El Turco

Post#24 » by El Turco » Sun Dec 7, 2014 8:08 pm

yeah and ohio state hasn't struggled against kent state. or against any team as bad as kansas or texas tech.

what the hell is a close game anyway? only ohio st wins that haven't been double digits are away at ranked minnesota team and away at penn st team that has a future number one pick as a qb. tcu had 3 sub double digit wins, baylor had 2 one of which came against texas tech.

hermes
RealGM
And1: 24,564

Post#25 » by hermes » Sun Dec 7, 2014 8:24 pm

you think hackenberg will be a #1 pick?
El Turco

Post#26 » by El Turco » Sun Dec 7, 2014 8:32 pm

most mock drafts have him as the number one guy in 2016. he has as good a shot as anybody.

TheKingofSting
RealGM
And1: 2,163

Post#27 » by TheKingofSting » Mon Dec 8, 2014 12:18 am

Trouble in NO!
President of the Quinn Cook Fan Club

Bradley Beal has D Wade potential

Return to NCAA Football