CFP/Bowl Selection thread - who you got in the final four?

Moderator: studcrackers

hermes
RealGM
And1: 24,561

CFP/Bowl Selection thread - who you got in the final four? 

Post#1 » by hermes » Sun Dec 7, 2014 3:50 pm

all the top teams won, but i think the top four remains the same. as impressive as ohio st was the only team i can see them moving ahead of would be tcu and i don't think they can drop two spots after winning 55-3 (no matter how bad iowa st is)

bama and oregon are pretty much locks i'd think, and florida st probably has to be as well. if they don't include the undefeated defending champs there will be enough outcry to get the system tweaked after only one year

if they would have kept tcu at four then i'd say ohio st jumps them but i'm predicting they stay the same
craig01
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 483

Re: CFP/Bowl Selection thread - who you got in the final fou 

Post#2 » by craig01 » Sun Dec 7, 2014 4:22 pm

Bama, Oregon, FSU, and OSU.

I hope OSU jumps TCU, (which is hard for me to say), but I don't know if it will happen.

Baylor and TCU both have legitimate arguments against each other.....but both played a crappy OOC schedule (baylors's was really a joke).....and this may force the Big 12 to act on conference expansion.

Clearly, having a championship game in the conference should matter to the committee.
Basketball is driven by three principles:

1) Movement 2) Application of fundamentals 3) Predictability
El Turco
GOTB Fantasy Basketball Ultimate 2x Champion
And1: 20,559

Post#3 » by El Turco » Sun Dec 7, 2014 4:31 pm

3 teams are locks and i think osu will get in. tcu has a valid claim though.
TheLowlySquire wrote:Wow, Arda! Huge!

Howard Mass wrote:Arda is not a terrorist. Arda is a good person.
El Turco

Post#4 » by El Turco » Sun Dec 7, 2014 5:22 pm

baylor and ohio state jumps tcu in the ap poll

EtchenBa
Starter
And1: 573

Post#5 » by EtchenBa » Sun Dec 7, 2014 5:50 pm

The ultimate battle between good and evil is upon us. Mariota vs. Winston. January 1st. BE THERE.
Kaelin
Sophomore
And1: 58

Post#6 » by Kaelin » Sun Dec 7, 2014 5:52 pm

Baylor jumping TCU seems to have more to do with the recency of quality wins (better to have quality opponents scheduled at the end of the season than towards the beginning) and the head-to-head. Not to place confidence in computer rankings, but there is strong consensus that TCU is better than Baylor (40 out of 43). Given that both teams have nine common opponents (the rest of their conference plus SMU) and themselves, it isn't hard to confirm that TCU's win over Minnesota puts them ahead on strength of schedule, and TCU had a differential advantage to boot. I think the body of work is there.

As I'm writing this, though, it looks like both Big 12 teams got the boot. That's too bad, but this was never going to end well. While Alabama and Oregon were probably clearly above the rest, the difference between #1 and #6 was still too small to say a four-team playoff was going to solve anything.

Bring on an eight-team playoff.
El Turco

Post#7 » by El Turco » Sun Dec 7, 2014 6:01 pm

alabama is a 9.5 point favorite over osu, fair enough. but oregon 8.5 over fsu? that's ridiculous perception of a team that haven't lost over 2 years.

kdawg32086
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 929

Post#8 » by kdawg32086 » Sun Dec 7, 2014 6:04 pm

I think TCU got a pretty raw deal. Not sure FSU squaking by again after almost losing multiple games this year should put them ahead of TCU and Ohio State...in spite of being undefeated.

I would've kept TCU at 3 and moved OSU to 4.
Thank you triplemke23 for the sig.
hermes
RealGM
And1: 24,561

Post#9 » by hermes » Sun Dec 7, 2014 6:06 pm

considering tcu's rise the last few weeks i am surprised they got jumped like that - i have thought osu should be in the final four but considering how things have gone i am surprised (although pleasantly) that it worked out that way
studcrackers
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 6,100

Post#10 » by studcrackers » Sun Dec 7, 2014 6:06 pm

as always with college football, money talks. called this a month ago
Jugs wrote: I saw two buttholes
El Turco

Post#11 » by El Turco » Sun Dec 7, 2014 6:18 pm

kdawg32086 wrote:I think TCU got a pretty raw deal. Not sure FSU squaking by again after almost losing multiple games this year should put them ahead of TCU and Ohio State...in spite of being undefeated.

I would've kept TCU at 3 and moved OSU to 4.

there is no way you can omit a team that went undefeated from a decent conference, let alone a defending champion. style points only matter when records are the same.

sucks for tcu but hopefully this teaches big 12 to have a championship game and schedule teams with a pulse out of conference. ohio state by itself beat more fbs teams with winning records than baylor and tcu combined.

brackdan70
RealGM
And1: 8,165

Post#12 » by brackdan70 » Mon Dec 8, 2014 1:41 am

Can't really argue to much with the selections. Sucks for TCU and Baylor, but OSU blew out Wisconsin which was impressive.

I think Alabama will have a relatively easy time with OSU and Oregon - FSU is a tossup. The game is out west..but won't be much advantage to Oregon...still a flight for Oregonians....or a 13 hr drive
Sign here
CreoleTiger
Freshman
And1: 6

Post#13 » by CreoleTiger » Mon Dec 8, 2014 3:11 am

The committee knew all along the Big 12 didn't have a conference championship game but they kept moving TCU up in the rankings. :crazy: The smart thing would've been to keep the Horned Frogs at 4 or 5 and then wait to see how things played out in the championships. I believe they had every intent of keeping them in the playoffs and ahead of Baylor but caved in to pressure from those with Big 10 ties. It still comes down to politics, reputation and money. They need to either expand the field or go back to the BCS because this season has been one big joke.
Mamba Mentality
RealGM
And1: 19,472

Post#14 » by Mamba Mentality » Mon Dec 8, 2014 5:57 am

Ohio St getting in is the reason why I hate college football sometimes. TCU was the better team, heck even Baylor was better than OSU. OSU is just the bigger market and at the end of the day that is all that matters.

As for the games I can't wait to see Florida St get mopped. Mariota wins the Heisman, and leads the Ducks to National Championship. It's going to be sweet to see FSU and Bama go down to the Ducks.
El Turco

Post#15 » by El Turco » Mon Dec 8, 2014 4:35 pm

luckily playoffs are not determined by your whim

El Turco

Post#16 » by El Turco » Fri Jan 16, 2015 6:42 am

The Regime wrote:Ohio St getting in is the reason why I hate college football sometimes. TCU was the better team, heck even Baylor was better than OSU. OSU is just the bigger market and at the end of the day that is all that matters.

As for the games I can't wait to see Florida St get mopped. Mariota wins the Heisman, and leads the Ducks to National Championship. It's going to be sweet to see FSU and Bama go down to the Ducks.

loooool

bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,209

Post#17 » by bondom34 » Fri Jan 16, 2015 8:07 pm

El Turco wrote:
The Regime wrote:Ohio St getting in is the reason why I hate college football sometimes. TCU was the better team, heck even Baylor was better than OSU. OSU is just the bigger market and at the end of the day that is all that matters.

loooool

Congrats. :D
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
OsuCavsfan103
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,047

Post#18 » by OsuCavsfan103 » Mon Apr 20, 2015 1:26 am

I bet you are feeling like this: :banghead: right about now =D

GO BUCKEYES!

Return to NCAA Football