Total votes: 3

El Turco
GOTB Fantasy Basketball Ultimate 2x Champion
And1: 20,557

Re: National Championship poll and game thread 

Post#41 » by El Turco » Tue Jan 13, 2015 5:30 am

bwgood77 wrote:
El Turco wrote:winning the national title, so easy third stringer could do it

I have to admit I've always kind of despised Ohio St and for much of the season I thought they were overrated, but they deserve serious respect after this season and the way they finished. I believed in them after that Big Ten Championship game, and I like Urban Meyer, and I also respect the basketball team after playing them and watching them more. Plus I hate Alabama and most of the SEC even more, so I was happy they took care of Bama.

Very nice win.

Now if only the Cavs could figure out what is going on. Do you like Love or want to trade him?

i dont think even most osu fans thought title was possible this season, considering how raw was this team especially after miller went down. this is all on meyer for me, sure osu always have talent and game changers but gotta love meyer's aggressiveness and creativity on offense as well as keeping the cohesiveness after everything went down this season. certainly stark contrast to tressel's teams straight out of 1960s.

as for cavs i dont really follow them that closely, but need to be patient with the current core.
TheLowlySquire wrote:Wow, Arda! Huge!

Howard Mass wrote:Arda is not a terrorist. Arda is a good person.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,074

Post#42 » by bwgood77 » Tue Jan 13, 2015 5:39 am

El Turco wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
El Turco wrote:winning the national title, so easy third stringer could do it

I have to admit I've always kind of despised Ohio St and for much of the season I thought they were overrated, but they deserve serious respect after this season and the way they finished. I believed in them after that Big Ten Championship game, and I like Urban Meyer, and I also respect the basketball team after playing them and watching them more. Plus I hate Alabama and most of the SEC even more, so I was happy they took care of Bama.

Very nice win.

Now if only the Cavs could figure out what is going on. Do you like Love or want to trade him?

i dont think even most osu fans thought title was possible this season, considering how raw was this team especially after miller went down. this is all on meyer for me, sure osu always have talent and game changers but gotta love meyer's aggressiveness and creativity on offense as well as keeping the cohesiveness after everything went down this season. certainly stark contrast to tressel's teams straight out of 1960s.

as for cavs i dont really follow them that closely, but need to be patient with the current core.

Interesting you don't follow them closely, especially after getting the players you got, and because everyone seems so into basketball here. I am super surprised there are not more people in the football forums, because it is far more popular overall than basketball (though I do know that isn't necessarily the case internationally and there are many of those fans here, at least in the Suns forum). Of course half of the Suns fans want us to tank though. Tanking has become too popular.
LAKESHOW
RealGM
And1: 4,177

Post#43 » by LAKESHOW » Tue Jan 13, 2015 5:27 pm

the big time programs have a strong front 7. Oregon will always lose these big games, because the pace slows down, and these type of games turn into big boy football. They don't recruit these areas very well. secondly, urban has way more experience than oregons coach.
Home of the 17 Time World Champions
hermes
RealGM
And1: 24,545

Post#44 » by hermes » Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:12 am

bwgood77 wrote:
hermes wrote:i'm kind of pleasantly surprised so far

Pulling for Ohio State?

yep, i'm a big ten guy
El Turco
GOTB Fantasy Basketball Ultimate 2x Champion
And1: 20,557

Post#45 » by El Turco » Wed Jan 14, 2015 5:03 pm

1. Urban Meyer is 3-0 in national title games and is just the second coach to win a crown at two schools, joining Nick Saban (LSU and Alabama).
2. Ohio State beat all three Heisman Trophy finalists (Wisconsin’s Melvin Gordon, Alabama’s Amari Cooper and Oregon’s Marcus Mariota) in succession with third-string quarterback Cardale Jones.
3. Move over, Archie Griffin and Keith Byars. With Ezekiel Elliott’s third straight 200-yard game (career-high and championship record 246), he moved into second place on Ohio State’s all-time single-season rushing list (1,878).
4. In his last three games, vs. Wisconsin, vs. Alabama and vs. Oregon, all on neutral fields, Elliott rushed for 696 yards and 8 TDs. That’s an average of 232 yards and 2.7 touchdowns, by the way.
5. Ohio State held Oregon to 27 points under its season average (47.2 points).
6. Ohio State converted on 11-of-18 3rd/4th down conversions while holding Oregon to 2-of-14.
7. With 42 points vs. Oregon, Ohio State tallied a program-record 672 points, breaking last year’s record (637).
8. Urban Meyer is now 10-3 vs. top 5 teams and 40-3 in his career with more than a week to prepare for a game.
9. Ohio State is now 38-3 (.926) under Meyer, the second-highest winning percentage among FBS teams since the start of 2012.
10. The Buckeyes own the nation’s longest winning streak, at 13, with their last loss vs. Virginia Tech in Week 2.
TheLowlySquire wrote:Wow, Arda! Huge!

Howard Mass wrote:Arda is not a terrorist. Arda is a good person.
TheKingofSting
RealGM
And1: 2,163

Post#46 » by TheKingofSting » Sat Jan 17, 2015 3:23 am

12 Gauge!
President of the Quinn Cook Fan Club

Bradley Beal has D Wade potential

Return to NCAA Football