Updated Weekly Rankings through week 14

Moderators: studcrackers, bleu

User avatar
Cactus Jack
General Manager
Posts: 8,177
And1: 3,517
Joined: Feb 25, 2015
Location: NBA team was stolen
   

Re: Updated Weekly Rankings through week 14 

Post#81 » by Cactus Jack » Sun Dec 4, 2016 6:36 pm

OsuCavsfan103 wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:
OsuCavsfan103 wrote:RIP to Washington in advance :D

I would've loved to have been #3 & played you guys or Clemson, but honestly I'm just happy with where the program is at now. It had been a rough decade plus. Went winless under Tyrone Willingham. Chris Petersen has been a godsend. We are finally back!!!


Hey ya never know though. Ohio State was in your exact same shoes (well almost) in 2014, and yet shocked the world. Bama is going to bring a physical brand of football Washington probably isn't really used to. It's going to be a battle in the trenches. Although I admit I don't see good fortune for Washington in their game, ya never know. Goodluck!

The good thing about this team is they are known for having strong offensive & defensive lines. You need to be stout up front as you say against Alabama. I totally agree about it being a physical battle. I just hope Browning doesn't turn the ball over. Keep it close.
Quazza wrote:ALL FUTURE ERECTIONS WILL BE NAMED KEVIN FOR BEING SUCH A STAND UP GUY

Shock Defeat wrote:Karma for Clay Bennett, the snake who took the team away from Seattle.
User avatar
Cactus Jack
General Manager
Posts: 8,177
And1: 3,517
Joined: Feb 25, 2015
Location: NBA team was stolen
   

Re: Updated Weekly Rankings through week 14 

Post#82 » by Cactus Jack » Sun Dec 4, 2016 6:46 pm

The last time Chris Petersen was a big underdog in a BCS game this happened!

Quazza wrote:ALL FUTURE ERECTIONS WILL BE NAMED KEVIN FOR BEING SUCH A STAND UP GUY

Shock Defeat wrote:Karma for Clay Bennett, the snake who took the team away from Seattle.
User avatar
Los Soles
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,853
And1: 366
Joined: Sep 29, 2010
Location: Boise, ID
     

Re: Updated Weekly Rankings through week 14 

Post#83 » by Los Soles » Sun Dec 4, 2016 7:03 pm

OsuCavsfan103 wrote:Hey ya never know though. Ohio State was in your exact same shoes (well almost) in 2014, and yet shocked the world. Bama is going to bring a physical brand of football Washington probably isn't really used to. It's going to be a battle in the trenches. Although I admit I don't see good fortune for Washington in their game, ya never know. Goodluck!

Washington hasn't seen a defense like Bama yet this season. But...

I think Alabama's defense is GREAT, and better than Washington's offense. But I don't think Alabama's offense is great -- I think Washington's defense is better than Bama's offense. So, advantage defense going both directions.

So I think it's gonna come down to offenses making big plays vs giving up turnovers. If Browning plays like he did against USC -- 47.2% completions; 2 interceptions -- Bama wins of course. But if he plays more like he did against Stanford (#12 defensive efficiency in the country) -- 202 yards, 3 TDs, 0 interceptions -- Washington is absolutely capable of hanging with Alabama. And freshman Hurts is quite capable of making mistakes himself: he has more interceptions than Browning this season, despite throwing less often for less yardage and playing in less pressured situations.
User avatar
Los Soles
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,853
And1: 366
Joined: Sep 29, 2010
Location: Boise, ID
     

Re: Updated Weekly Rankings through week 14 

Post#84 » by Los Soles » Sun Dec 4, 2016 7:18 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:The last time Chris Petersen was a big underdog in a BCS game this happened!

:D

Ya gotta catch at least the beginning of this one too -- the hook & lateral:

OsuCavsfan103
Analyst
Posts: 3,300
And1: 2,916
Joined: Jul 06, 2014
Location: Ohio
       

Re: Updated Weekly Rankings through week 14 

Post#85 » by OsuCavsfan103 » Sun Dec 4, 2016 7:27 pm

Los Soles wrote:
OsuCavsfan103 wrote:Hey ya never know though. Ohio State was in your exact same shoes (well almost) in 2014, and yet shocked the world. Bama is going to bring a physical brand of football Washington probably isn't really used to. It's going to be a battle in the trenches. Although I admit I don't see good fortune for Washington in their game, ya never know. Goodluck!

Washington hasn't seen a defense like Bama yet this season. But...

I think Alabama's defense is GREAT, and better than Washington's offense. But I don't think Alabama's offense is great -- I think Washington's defense is better than Bama's offense. So, advantage defense going both directions.

So I think it's gonna come down to offenses making big plays vs giving up turnovers. If Browning plays like he did against USC -- 47.2% completions; 2 interceptions -- Bama wins of course. But if he plays more like he did against Stanford (#12 defensive efficiency in the country) -- 202 yards, 3 TDs, 0 interceptions -- Washington is absolutely capable of hanging with Alabama. And freshman Hurts is quite capable of making mistakes himself: he has more interceptions than Browning this season, despite throwing less often for less yardage and playing in less pressured situations.


Yeah that's all well and good, but Washington achieved those stats playing only Pac 12 schools. We haven't even seen what Washington can do against a decent OOC team. I watched Bama yesterday, and I watched Washington Fri. Bama just has a killer ability about them. You make one mistake and before you know it, it all unravels. I think Bama is going to come after Browning, and I don't think that bodes well for Washington. I'd say 42-20 final score for Bama at the moment.
Cleeeeveland this is for you!
User avatar
bleu
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Posts: 6,122
And1: 995
Joined: Apr 24, 2007
       

Re: RE: Re: Updated Weekly Rankings through week 14 

Post#86 » by bleu » Sun Dec 4, 2016 7:29 pm

OsuCavsfan103 wrote:
Los Soles wrote:
OsuCavsfan103 wrote:Hey ya never know though. Ohio State was in your exact same shoes (well almost) in 2014, and yet shocked the world. Bama is going to bring a physical brand of football Washington probably isn't really used to. It's going to be a battle in the trenches. Although I admit I don't see good fortune for Washington in their game, ya never know. Goodluck!

Washington hasn't seen a defense like Bama yet this season. But...

I think Alabama's defense is GREAT, and better than Washington's offense. But I don't think Alabama's offense is great -- I think Washington's defense is better than Bama's offense. So, advantage defense going both directions.

So I think it's gonna come down to offenses making big plays vs giving up turnovers. If Browning plays like he did against USC -- 47.2% completions; 2 interceptions -- Bama wins of course. But if he plays more like he did against Stanford (#12 defensive efficiency in the country) -- 202 yards, 3 TDs, 0 interceptions -- Washington is absolutely capable of hanging with Alabama. And freshman Hurts is quite capable of making mistakes himself: he has more interceptions than Browning this season, despite throwing less often for less yardage and playing in less pressured situations.


Yeah that's all well and good, but Washington achieved those stats playing only Pac 12 schools. We haven't even seen what Washington can do against a decent OOC team. I watched Bama yesterday, and I watched Washington Fri. Bama just has a killer ability about them. You make one mistake and before you know it, it all unravels. I think Bama is going to come after Browning, and I don't think that bodes well for Washington. I'd say 42-20 final score for Bama at the moment.

I really, REALLY don't think Bama is putting up 42 on Washington. While of course I believe Bama will win, I'm thinking more like 24-14.
OsuCavsfan103
Analyst
Posts: 3,300
And1: 2,916
Joined: Jul 06, 2014
Location: Ohio
       

Re: RE: Re: Updated Weekly Rankings through week 14 

Post#87 » by OsuCavsfan103 » Sun Dec 4, 2016 7:59 pm

bleu wrote:I really, REALLY don't think Bama is putting up 42 on Washington. While of course I believe Bama will win, I'm thinking more like 24-14.


I do, Bama put up 54 on a UF, a team that's D is ranked extremely high as well. UF is 6th in Total D and 10th in scoring D, and yet Bama did what they did, the forced TO's and made them pay. I just don't think Washington is ready for the physical nature of the game. Watching Washington vs USC, I just don't predict good things for Washington vs Bama.

I hope I am wrong, but I just see Washington being severely outmatched.
Cleeeeveland this is for you!
User avatar
Cactus Jack
General Manager
Posts: 8,177
And1: 3,517
Joined: Feb 25, 2015
Location: NBA team was stolen
   

Re: Updated Weekly Rankings through week 14 

Post#88 » by Cactus Jack » Sun Dec 4, 2016 8:36 pm

USC will beat Penn St.
Quazza wrote:ALL FUTURE ERECTIONS WILL BE NAMED KEVIN FOR BEING SUCH A STAND UP GUY

Shock Defeat wrote:Karma for Clay Bennett, the snake who took the team away from Seattle.
User avatar
Cactus Jack
General Manager
Posts: 8,177
And1: 3,517
Joined: Feb 25, 2015
Location: NBA team was stolen
   

Re: Updated Weekly Rankings through week 14 

Post#89 » by Cactus Jack » Sun Dec 4, 2016 8:40 pm

Clemson over The Overrated state U! :P
Quazza wrote:ALL FUTURE ERECTIONS WILL BE NAMED KEVIN FOR BEING SUCH A STAND UP GUY

Shock Defeat wrote:Karma for Clay Bennett, the snake who took the team away from Seattle.
OsuCavsfan103
Analyst
Posts: 3,300
And1: 2,916
Joined: Jul 06, 2014
Location: Ohio
       

Re: Updated Weekly Rankings through week 14 

Post#90 » by OsuCavsfan103 » Sun Dec 4, 2016 8:48 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:USC will beat Penn St.


Probably, in reality PSU is the B10s 3rd best team, USC is probably Pac 12s first best.
Cleeeeveland this is for you!
User avatar
bleu
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Posts: 6,122
And1: 995
Joined: Apr 24, 2007
       

Re: RE: Re: Updated Weekly Rankings through week 14 

Post#91 » by bleu » Sun Dec 4, 2016 8:52 pm

OsuCavsfan103 wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:USC will beat Penn St.


Probably, in reality PSU is the B10s 3rd best team, USC is probably Pac 12s first best.

Disagree. PSU is second best in the B1G, and USC is second maaaaybe even third in the Pac.
User avatar
Cactus Jack
General Manager
Posts: 8,177
And1: 3,517
Joined: Feb 25, 2015
Location: NBA team was stolen
   

Re: Updated Weekly Rankings through week 14 

Post#92 » by Cactus Jack » Sun Dec 4, 2016 8:52 pm

OsuCavsfan103 wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:USC will beat Penn St.


Probably, in reality PSU is the B10s 3rd best team, USC is probably Pac 12s first best.

UW & SC are by far the 2 best teams in the conference.
Quazza wrote:ALL FUTURE ERECTIONS WILL BE NAMED KEVIN FOR BEING SUCH A STAND UP GUY

Shock Defeat wrote:Karma for Clay Bennett, the snake who took the team away from Seattle.
User avatar
hermes
RealGM
Posts: 75,839
And1: 19,560
Joined: Aug 27, 2007
Location: the restaurant at the end of the universe

Re: Updated Weekly Rankings through week 14 

Post#93 » by hermes » Sun Dec 4, 2016 11:13 pm

iowa-florida in the outback bowl....again

they must really like that match-up, since 2002, this will be the fifth time each school has been to this bowl and the third match-up between the two, the rubber match as it were
doovalacky

#1 brook lopez fan
User avatar
Los Soles
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,853
And1: 366
Joined: Sep 29, 2010
Location: Boise, ID
     

Re: Updated Weekly Rankings through week 14 

Post#94 » by Los Soles » Mon Dec 5, 2016 12:49 am

Sagarin Conference Ratings -- Simple Average

  1. Pac-12 -- 78.195
  2. SEC -- 77.335
  3. Big Ten -- 76.92
  4. ACC -- 75.695
  5. Big 12 -- 73.77
User avatar
Cactus Jack
General Manager
Posts: 8,177
And1: 3,517
Joined: Feb 25, 2015
Location: NBA team was stolen
   

Re: Updated Weekly Rankings through week 14 

Post#95 » by Cactus Jack » Mon Dec 5, 2016 12:58 am

Los Soles wrote:Sagarin Conference Ratings -- Simple Average

  1. Pac-12 -- 78.195
  2. SEC -- 77.335
  3. Big Ten -- 76.92
  4. ACC -- 75.695
  5. Big 12 -- 73.77

So, the Pac ain't so bad afterall?
Quazza wrote:ALL FUTURE ERECTIONS WILL BE NAMED KEVIN FOR BEING SUCH A STAND UP GUY

Shock Defeat wrote:Karma for Clay Bennett, the snake who took the team away from Seattle.
User avatar
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 42,667
And1: 25,486
Joined: Mar 01, 2013
       

Re: Updated Weekly Rankings through week 14 

Post#96 » by bondom34 » Mon Dec 5, 2016 6:05 pm

Read on Twitter
/photo/1
Dion Waiters wrote: What’s the analytics on that?

E: Pacers for Reggie
W: Thunder for Russ
OsuCavsfan103
Analyst
Posts: 3,300
And1: 2,916
Joined: Jul 06, 2014
Location: Ohio
       

Re: Updated Weekly Rankings through week 14 

Post#97 » by OsuCavsfan103 » Mon Dec 5, 2016 6:49 pm

bondom34 wrote:
Read on Twitter
/photo/1


That's from 2006 when the 2 teams who finished 1-2 in the BCS played for it all. As you see, OSU being #3 would not have been in. Now that the post-season has changed, this statement is pointless. Nice try though!
Cleeeeveland this is for you!
User avatar
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 42,667
And1: 25,486
Joined: Mar 01, 2013
       

Re: Updated Weekly Rankings through week 14 

Post#98 » by bondom34 » Mon Dec 5, 2016 6:51 pm

OsuCavsfan103 wrote:
bondom34 wrote:
Read on Twitter
/photo/1


That's from 2006 when the 2 teams who finished 1-2 in the BCS played for it all. As you see, OSU being #3 would not have been in. Now that the post-season has changed, this statement is pointless. Nice try though!

I didn't try anything. I only posted a quote. Guess Urbz is feeling a little different now!
Dion Waiters wrote: What’s the analytics on that?

E: Pacers for Reggie
W: Thunder for Russ
OsuCavsfan103
Analyst
Posts: 3,300
And1: 2,916
Joined: Jul 06, 2014
Location: Ohio
       

Re: Updated Weekly Rankings through week 14 

Post#99 » by OsuCavsfan103 » Mon Dec 5, 2016 6:54 pm

bondom34 wrote:
OsuCavsfan103 wrote:
bondom34 wrote:
Read on Twitter
/photo/1


That's from 2006 when the 2 teams who finished 1-2 in the BCS played for it all. As you see, OSU being #3 would not have been in. Now that the post-season has changed, this statement is pointless. Nice try though!

I didn't try anything. I only posted a quote. Guess Urbz is feeling a little different now!


I'm sure he is, when he sees that now the best team in the conference doesn't necessarily make the B10 title game. Case and point how Wisc. who had 2 B10 losses got in over 1 Big ten loss OSU (who beat them h2h) only bc of divisions. Wisc has now lost 3 big ten games all the the East. Not to mention is 2006 Urban was clearing lobbying to try and get his UF team in over UM.
Cleeeeveland this is for you!
User avatar
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 42,667
And1: 25,486
Joined: Mar 01, 2013
       

Re: Updated Weekly Rankings through week 14 

Post#100 » by bondom34 » Mon Dec 5, 2016 6:56 pm

OsuCavsfan103 wrote:
I'm sure he is, when he sees that now the best team in the conference doesn't necessarily make the B10 title game. Case and point how Wisc. who had 2 B10 losses got in over 1 Big ten loss OSU (who beat them h2h) only bc of divisions. Wisc has now lost 3 big ten games all the the East. Not to mention is 2006 Urban was clearing lobbying to try and get his UF team in over UM.

Odd claim, considering 24-21. But I'll wait it out til Bama stomps Urbs again.
Dion Waiters wrote: What’s the analytics on that?

E: Pacers for Reggie
W: Thunder for Russ

Return to NCAA Football