Kicker: Nate Freese NYG 0

Bench: Pierre Thomas @ATL 10
Bench: M. Jones-Drew @NYJ 12
Bench: Fred Jackson @Chi 14
Bench: Dwayne Bow (Suspended)
Bench: Markus Wehaton CLE 8
Bench: Zach Ertz JAC 13
Bench: Phillip Rivers @ARI 22

Projected to loose my first match-up by 4 points, probably because my kicker is projected 0. Anyways, I'm really struggling on what I should do with my flex and wide receiver. I am in a PPR LEAGUE. Really like Randall Cobb but not so sure against the Seattle Defense. Pierre Thomas, MJD, Zach Ertz, and Fred Jackson all intrigue me, but so much uncertainty. Phillip Rivers could also start, but in Rodgers I trust (even though I am a Vikes fan...). Anyways, I am really looking for some advice and why.
hermes
RealGM
And1: 24,563

Re: Line up Advice/Help 

Post#2 » by hermes » Mon Sep 1, 2014 2:52 am

first off i'd say roll with your big guns: rodgers and graham - they are some of the best at their position for a reason. you don't really have a true #1 WR on your team (closest you have is graham) which is probably why you're struggling with it, roddy is getting up there in age and floyd is behind allen in san diego i'd say. i really like your RBs though - especially in PPR, they will do really well

since the packers are going against seattle i might go with either thomas or jackson over cobb. thomas caught a lot of balls last year and now sproles is gone, more might be coming his way. fred jackson gets a lot of action (i know he's old but he seems to be bucking the trend and they seem to want a platoon going there so he'll continue to get his fair share - and the bears have a really bad defense so he could have a nice day

you might need to look at trade possibilities for a trade for a better WR or maybe a little more depth in general. I've liked Bowe a lot in the past but he's burned me too many times for me to trust him anymore. Not many people are going to part with their top WR, so maybe target teams with two #1 guys and maybe package rivers along with something else (i might only hold onto rivers if you are really concerned about rodgers getting hurt - he's going to be starting over rivers most weeks). Maybe target a Antonio Brown or Garcon
Twolf16
Rookie
And1: 89

Post#3 » by Twolf16 » Mon Sep 1, 2014 4:41 am

hermes wrote:first off i'd say roll with your big guns: rodgers and graham - they are some of the best at their position for a reason. you don't really have a true #1 WR on your team (closest you have is graham) which is probably why you're struggling with it, roddy is getting up there in age and floyd is behind allen in san diego i'd say. i really like your RBs though - especially in PPR, they will do really well

since the packers are going against seattle i might go with either thomas or jackson over cobb. thomas caught a lot of balls last year and now sproles is gone, more might be coming his way. fred jackson gets a lot of action (i know he's old but he seems to be bucking the trend and they seem to want a platoon going there so he'll continue to get his fair share - and the bears have a really bad defense so he could have a nice day

you might need to look at trade possibilities for a trade for a better WR or maybe a little more depth in general. I've liked Bowe a lot in the past but he's burned me too many times for me to trust him anymore. Not many people are going to part with their top WR, so maybe target teams with two #1 guys and maybe package rivers along with something else (i might only hold onto rivers if you are really concerned about rodgers getting hurt - he's going to be starting over rivers most weeks). Maybe target a Antonio Brown or
Garcon

Good points, I thank you for your response. Here's the dilemma. C.j spiller is now healthy so I'm insure how much Jackson plays and compared to Pierre Thomas, he won't catch as many balls. Now with Thomas, he should be great for ppr but I've read the saints are going with a more traditional running style and have two solid backs not named Thomas in doing so. I also know that both Atlanta and Chicago have poor defenses. I Like Fred for the possible red zone handoffs and I like Thomas for the receptions.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
Twolf16
Rookie

Post#4 » by Twolf16 » Mon Sep 1, 2014 2:56 pm

Also, if I'm feeling risky. I could move Graham to the flex and Ertz to TE. Some project him to have a breakout year and I think the Eagles pass the ball a lot.

Twolf16
Rookie

Post#5 » by Twolf16 » Fri Sep 5, 2014 3:40 am

Rodgers and Cobb were projected 33 points total and they ended up with 30. I can live with that, hopefully some of my other players can score a few more. Andre Ellington is also questionable now which bites.

Return to Fantasy Football