Is this trade really that bad?

Moderator: MadNESS

cubsfan23
Sophomore
And1: 26

Is this trade really that bad? 

Post#1 » by cubsfan23 » Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:34 am

I offered Antonio Brown for Ray Rice, assuming he would counter with one of my other receivers(Fitz or Cruz). He accepted the trade 11 minutes later. I am assuming it will get vetoed, but now I am not so sure. I just really think he didn't like ray rice as now he is stacked at receiver and says he will use one or two for a back.

I think I sold high and bought low. Ray Rice still has an injury concern with his non contact hip injury and Bernard Pierce will continue to get carries. I am assuming he watched the Monday night game and really liked Brown. Either way I guess I am fine as I still like my team a lot with Brown.
Bleeding Blue
Head Coach
And1: 538

Re: Is this trade really that bad? 

Post#2 » by Bleeding Blue » Thu Sep 26, 2013 1:35 pm

I think you got a great deal, good work selling high on Brown

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums mobile app
"When my time on earth is gone, and my activities here are passed, I want they bury me upside down, and my critics can kiss my ass!"

- Bobby Knight
Shady Franchise
Veteran
And1: 584

Post#3 » by Shady Franchise » Thu Sep 26, 2013 4:25 pm

cubsfan23 wrote:I offered Antonio Brown for Ray Rice, assuming he would counter with one of my other receivers(Fitz or Cruz). He accepted the trade 11 minutes later. I am assuming it will get vetoed, but now I am not so sure. I just really think he didn't like ray rice as now he is stacked at receiver and says he will use one or two for a back.

I think I sold high and bought low. Ray Rice still has an injury concern with his non contact hip injury and Bernard Pierce will continue to get carries. I am assuming he watched the Monday night game and really liked Brown. Either way I guess I am fine as I still like my team a lot with Brown.

Yea that trade is veto worthy I think, but good job and hope it goes through!
Do not max Vuc!
Mamba Mentality
RealGM
And1: 19,536

Post#4 » by Mamba Mentality » Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:05 pm

You landed a top 10-12 back for a top 20-25 wr. That's a win in my book. Excellent trade.
vincecarter4pres
RealGM
And1: 3,436

Post#5 » by vincecarter4pres » Sun Sep 29, 2013 5:13 pm

I think it's a good trade for both of you. I get it's selling high and low on each end of the spectrum, but let's remember Brown had been a pretty tip top receiver a couple years ago if this is PPR and although you can't expect him or any receiver to go nuts like he did last week, he's a lot better, more explosive and versatile then he had been weeks 1 and 2.

If I was that guy I would have either asked for Cruz or if I really loved Brown countered with something with another small upgrade swap in a 2 for 2, but I like it for him too. Rice is banged up and it was evident from the door they were going to mix in Pierce a lot more this season. I liked Rice where he was falling in most drafts, early to late teens, but I don't think even in PPR he's what he was, at least for this year.

I can see this getting vetoed because people are fickle jealous dunces who like to control other people's teams in FFL, but it is not veto worthy, he just should have extracted more value out of the deal in some fashion, but that isn't your problem and shouldn't be the rest of the leagues business.

If this is a money league, especially of any substantial entry cost, I suggest finding another one if this trade is vetoed and if your veto process is a simple yes or no vote tab from their team page.

Trades should never be vetoed unless there is apparent collusion or a deal is so lopsided by simple stupidity and frustration of one of the two parties that it compromises the integrity of the entire league. You shouldn't be able to veto trades just cause you wouldn't personally do them or to control other people's teams, the players are the team owners to do what he likes with as long as neither of the above two violations occur. This deal is neither of those things.
Rich Rane wrote:I think we're all missing the point here. vc4pres needs to stop watching games.
Maritimer
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 78

Post#6 » by Maritimer » Tue Oct 1, 2013 4:40 pm

No way should that be vetoed. If the other owner feels like Brown is going to be a top 10 WR and Rice won't crack the top 15 RBs, who is the rest of the league to disgaree with him? Through the first 4 weeks, he'd be right (Rice is RB49 in total points in ESPN standard leagues. Brown is WR6). I like the upside of the Rice side, but given the way the Ravens are calling plays and Pierce's 1/3 share of the carries, it's not like Rice is a lock to be a top 10 back this year.
On LeBron not committing fouls:
Marvin! wrote:He also doesn't poo... his body transforms food into flower seeds, which he then sends to poor inner city neighborhoods and distributes free of charge. Let us all give thanks and praise him!
Bank Shot
RealGM
And1: 10,321

Post#7 » by Bank Shot » Wed Oct 2, 2013 5:11 am

Ya that shouldn't be veoted. I'm seeing Rice being sold for peanuts in a lot of leagues. A lot of guys are panicking on Rice.

One of my good buddies was telling me that in one of his leagues Rice and Doug went for Julio and S Jax because the Rice owner basically considered him a throw in. Now that's bad.
HurricaneKid
General Manager
And1: 5,034

Post#8 » by HurricaneKid » Fri Oct 4, 2013 9:19 pm

I have Rice in one of my leagues and I'd sell him for a sack of peanuts. The % of plays he is even on the field dropped >20% from last year and he is not only injured but has an injury that isn't going to heal until he gets a month+ off (read NOT THIS YEAR).
fishnc wrote:If I had a gun with two bullets and I was in a room with Hitler, Bin Laden, and LeBron, I would shoot LeBron twice.
vincecarter4pres
RealGM
And1: 3,436

Post#9 » by vincecarter4pres » Sun Nov 3, 2013 6:05 pm

Man the dude that got Brown in this trade is sitting there looking like the cat that ate the canary right now. :lol:
Rich Rane wrote:I think we're all missing the point here. vc4pres needs to stop watching games.
Rafael122
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,779

Post#10 » by Rafael122 » Tue Nov 5, 2013 3:30 pm

Rice looks like he ran out of gas.
Bickerstaff: who's up for kickball?!!
Ed Wood: Only if it's the no-pants variety.

Return to Fantasy Football