Arian Foster

Moderator: MadNESS

Bleeding Blue
Head Coach
And1: 538

Arian Foster 

Post#1 » by Bleeding Blue » Sun Sep 29, 2013 2:08 pm

I just traded for him on the cheap, do you think he will return to form this season or continue splitting carries with Tate and putting up lower numbers? I dont expect much today vs. Seattle, but just curious on everyones thoughts.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums mobile app
"When my time on earth is gone, and my activities here are passed, I want they bury me upside down, and my critics can kiss my ass!"

- Bobby Knight
Bank Shot
RealGM
And1: 10,327

Re: Arian Foster 

Post#2 » by Bank Shot » Sun Sep 29, 2013 4:10 pm

It will be a split all year. I don't see Tate taking over but the Texans will want to keep Foster fresh. Tate has been a bit of a bandaid too so he still has some upside.
I think he'll still be a low-end RB1 since he'll get the goal line touches.

What did you get him for?
Bleeding Blue
Head Coach

Post#3 » by Bleeding Blue » Sun Sep 29, 2013 4:30 pm

I traded Sproles/Wayne for him

"When my time on earth is gone, and my activities here are passed, I want they bury me upside down, and my critics can kiss my ass!"

- Bobby Knight
vincecarter4pres
RealGM
And1: 3,436

Post#4 » by vincecarter4pres » Sun Sep 29, 2013 5:04 pm

I think in a few weeks he's going to have a huge run, in fact him and Tate will. This week and the next one he's going to be a backpack of meh, but after that he'll awake to be solid and weeks 9 through 15 he will be a beast. Week 16 is shady though, but that's a long way away.

For the price you paid, I love the deal for you depending on your receiver depth. I've been trying to get guys in my 2 main money leagues to send him to me for a similar price and these clowns keep sending me ridiculous ripoffs as counters, but not even to purposely insult, they're being serious.

I don't think you're going to get many weeks of the old Foster, even when he takes off, they're going to mix in Tate a lot more and they may need to pass more then in the pass by taking deep shots, but he's still going to be very valuable once he gets past this rough patch in the schedule and shakes the rust off.

I'd pay a solid fair price for him and jump on a deal like yours, but I wouldn't overpay for him or even necessarily pay last season fair value based on his name.

All I know is I always send out a lot of trade offers early in the season when guys I drafted who I never wanted to draft but felt I had to off value are underperfoming or I don't even care yet how good they're doing, I want "my guys" and every year people snap reject my offers and either get insulted or send me insulting counters and every single year these dudes hate life by week 6 when they realize they would have destroyed me if they accepted 80% of my offers. Thanks for saving me from myself year after year through your greed and big name obsession random opponents! :lol:
Rich Rane wrote:I think we're all missing the point here. vc4pres needs to stop watching games.
Bleeding Blue
Head Coach

Post#5 » by Bleeding Blue » Sun Sep 29, 2013 9:06 pm

My WR depth isnt great now: Colston, Garcon, Thompkins, floyd, and randle.

I am fairly loaded at RB: Morris, Jackson, Lacy, Foster

When SJax gets healthy I plan to trade 1 for a WR, not sure who though. Feel free to make any recommendations

I feel like I have a solid team Cam at qb and thomas at TE, but im 0-3 looking at 0-4 .

- Bobby Knight
vincecarter4pres
RealGM

Post#6 » by vincecarter4pres » Tue Oct 1, 2013 1:53 am

Is this PPR?

I was/am incredibly high on Garcon BTW, drafted him in nearly every league I'm in.
Rich Rane wrote:I think we're all missing the point here. vc4pres needs to stop watching games.
Bleeding Blue
Head Coach

Post#7 » by Bleeding Blue » Tue Oct 1, 2013 11:08 am

It is not ppr, which made trading Sproles easier. I am also high on Garcon, he gets so many targets from RGIII.

Would you guys give up Morris or Foster straight up for Calvin Johnson?

- Bobby Knight
Maritimer
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 78

Post#8 » by Maritimer » Tue Oct 1, 2013 4:36 pm

Bleeding Blue wrote:It is not ppr, which made trading Sproles easier. I am also high on Garcon, he gets so many targets from RGIII.

Would you guys give up Morris or Foster straight up for Calvin Johnson?

Yes, either one.
On LeBron not committing fouls:
Marvin! wrote:He also doesn't poo... his body transforms food into flower seeds, which he then sends to poor inner city neighborhoods and distributes free of charge. Let us all give thanks and praise him!
Bank Shot
RealGM
And1: 10,327

Post#9 » by Bank Shot » Wed Oct 2, 2013 5:13 am

Garcon is about to go HAM so I think you already have WR1 there. He could lead the league in targets this year.

And ya I'd trade either Morris or Foster for Calvin. Preferably Morris. I'd rather keep Foster and his upside even if he's less safe than Morris.
vincecarter4pres
RealGM

Post#10 » by vincecarter4pres » Sun Oct 13, 2013 4:44 pm

I traded Foster in a for fun league, but I got a great 2 for 2, so although I lost on the actual Foster swap I had to do it.

Traded for Foster in my main money league. Stole him lol. He's going to absolutely beast the rest of the way I think at this point.
Bleeding Blue
Head Coach

Post#11 » by Bleeding Blue » Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:32 am

Trade is definitely working out so far

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

- Bobby Knight

Return to Fantasy Football