Your Input Needed on Draft Strategy Based on League Scoring 

Post#1 » by Shady Franchise » Fri Jun 27, 2014 5:42 pm

10 Team Standard League Scoring:
Start 1 qb, 2 rb, 3 wr, 1 te, 1 k, 1 dst, no FLEX

ALL TDs 6pts
1pt for 10 yards rush
1pt for 15 yards receiving
1pt for 20 yards pass

1 player keeper league so these guys are likely off the board by the time I draft:

Charles or Payton
Lacy
Mccoy
AP
Lynch
Brees
Rodgers
D Martin
Brady
Let's assume I'm keeping AJ Green as my Round 1 Keeper (over R Bush, Spiller, Luck)

Do I take Forte, Megatron or Graham with the second pick in round 2? First thought is Forte, but do I favor Megatron because we start more WRs and their point scoring is 5 more yards per point than RB?

Any Advice is welcomed. Thanks!
Do not max Vuc!
ATL Boy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,003

Re: Your Input Needed on Draft Strategy Based on League Scor 

Post#2 » by ATL Boy » Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:34 pm

Megatron
SichtingLives wrote:life hack:

When a man heaves a live chainsaw towards you from distance, stand still. No one has good accuracy throwing a chainsaw.
cochiseuofm
Veteran
And1: 608

Post#3 » by cochiseuofm » Wed Jul 16, 2014 4:51 pm

With 6 points for every touchdown, snagging a great QB is pretty much a must. If Manning somehow falls to you, I'm assuming you think he won't, he has to be your pick. If he isn't and Cam Newton is available, as it seems, that should be your pick.

Megatron is great but his value is diminished by the fact that you give less points per yards for WR than RBs and you already have AJ Green as your keeper so it makes no sense to load up so heavily at the position that scores the least amount of points.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,365

Post#4 » by bwgood77 » Sat Jul 19, 2014 12:56 am

Shady Franchise wrote:10 Team Standard League Scoring:
Start 1 qb, 2 rb, 3 wr, 1 te, 1 k, 1 dst, no FLEX

ALL TDs 6pts
1pt for 10 yards rush
1pt for 15 yards receiving
1pt for 20 yards pass

1 player keeper league so these guys are likely off the board by the time I draft:

Charles or Payton
Lacy
Mccoy
AP
Lynch
Brees
Rodgers
D Martin
Brady
Let's assume I'm keeping AJ Green as my Round 1 Keeper (over R Bush, Spiller, Luck)

Do I take Forte, Megatron or Graham with the second pick in round 2? First thought is Forte, but do I favor Megatron because we start more WRs and their point scoring is 5 more yards per point than RB?

Any Advice is welcomed. Thanks!

Hmmmm....I used to be all about running backs with first two picks, but the way the league has transformed to passing, it's been more about receivers and qbs lately.

However, with your scoring system, running backs are more valuable because of the yardage added on for wide receivers.

I'd check and see who scored more last year between Forte and Megatron with that point system in that league.

I'd normally say Megatron with traditional scoring but Forte might be the better bet, especially if you already are using your keeper on a receiver.

If you go Megatron, you would be lucky to get two good running backs with your next two picks.

It would also be helpful to know how many qbs are being kept. If the top few qbs are not available, I don't think there is much separation between the next group, so you could wait, get your rb's and wr's, have killer lineups in those areas, and then spend a couple of picks on qbs in rounds 6 and 7 so you have options. I bet you could still get quality qbs there.

Plus, what often happens is if you wait until everyone has a qb, it's pretty rare someone takes a backup quickly because they will need to fill up their other rb or wr slot if they feel solid at qb. With this strategy you almost always have the best rbs and wrs groups and then you can get the 10th and 11th best qbs, and the 10th qb probably isn't all that much worse than the 5th or 6th anyway, and you will have the best backup qb.

I'd probably go

RB
WR or RB, depending on value, but probably running back because they may go quickly
WR (assuming you took 2 RBs with second and third round picks)
WR (unless you have a good sleeper you can get later, and if that's the case take a TE if you can get one of the best ones)
QB or TE (if there is only one or two good TEs left and all other 9 teams have QBs at this point no one will take a backup QB yet)
QB
RB
WR
WR (if you only have three so far)

I'd lean towards getting your starting RBs and WRs before taking QBs though and then snatch 2 QBs, then, depending on value, take best RB, WR, or TE (but if there are still like 5 good TEs and everyone has one, get the backup WR and RB first.
Shady Franchise
Veteran
And1: 584

Post#5 » by Shady Franchise » Sun Jul 27, 2014 12:29 am

Thanks for that input! I think if I keep AJ Green and then go forte or Charles (whoever is available) I'll focus on filling my WR and RB starters before getting a QB. If J Thomas or Gronk are available in the third, I'll grab them. I think I can get a combo of Cam, Ryan, Wilson, Cutler or Rivers after round 8 since it's only a 10 team league. Rodgers, Brees are for sure being kept. Possibly Peyton and Bady too. The guy who has Peyton has a tough choice between him and Charles. I pick 2nd after keepers are selected, so I have some good options whichever way I go.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
Do not max Vuc!

Return to Fantasy Football