Advice to improve my fantasy league

Moderator: MadNESS

Tamhuynh10
Freshman
And1: 13

Advice to improve my fantasy league 

Post#1 » by Tamhuynh10 » Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:50 pm

I am a 2nd year commissioner and i am looking ways to improve my league. any suggestions?
MadNESS
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,686

Re: Advice to improve my fantasy league 

Post#2 » by MadNESS » Sat Aug 16, 2014 10:25 pm

Tamhuynh10 wrote:I am a 2nd year commissioner and i am looking ways to improve my league. any suggestions?

Depending on how many players you have, you may want to consider "Point Per Reception", this brings the scoring up a bite, and also makes RB's, WR's and TE's a little more valuable.

My favorite new thing is having two QB's start every week.

In a 10/12 man league, there is plenty of starting QB's to go around, why not start two each week? The scoring gets jacked up a notch, and makes it very fun IMO.
LAKESHOW
Shady Franchise
Veteran
And1: 584

Post#3 » by Shady Franchise » Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:58 pm

IDP position is nice because you play a defensive player. Add that spot to get some fantasy points for defense players alone, not just for team DST

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
Do not max Vuc!
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,333

Post#4 » by bwgood77 » Mon Aug 25, 2014 5:28 pm

I agree about IDP. I always thought team D was a little bit overrated and a crapshoot. Scoring for team D should be more based on yardage allowed, points allowed, and of course the other things that are actually in there related to defense.

But the way they include special teams scores in team D is pretty random as it has zero relevance to how good a team's D really is.

I do also wish more sites had a designated special teams you pick, or possibly a returner. This would give guys like Hester value and you'd have to decide when to draft return guys.

I wouldn't do too many IDPs though, just one DL, one LB and one secondary guy (maybe one cb and one safety).

I also agree about 2 qbs, though it works better in smaller leagues with 10 teams and no more. 12 team leagues with 2 qbs is a bit of a stretch and any injuries to starters means some teams will have a horrid 2nd qb which leaves the league out of balance.

I don't like 8 team leagues, but if you do 8 team leagues, then two qbs is a no brainer, but then I'd also probably do more rbs and wrs or at least 2 rbs, 3 wrs, and a flex.
Yoshun
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,711

Post#5 » by Yoshun » Fri Aug 29, 2014 1:01 am

It's hard to say how to improve it without knowing anything about your league.
dieting
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#6 » by dieting » Thu Jan 1, 2015 6:32 am

Depending on how many players you have, you may want to consider "Point Per Reception", this brings the scoring up a bite, and also makes RB's, WR's and TE's a little more valuable. My favorite new thing is having two QB's start every week.??

Get free demos for Testking 70-413 exam and mcts exam with ccna workbook guaranteed success. Our best quality certified six sigma green belt prepares you well before appearing in the final exams of www.bc.edu and mcts with Quincy University

Return to Fantasy Football