What is a fair trade for Alfred Morris?

Moderator: MadNESS

drat456
Pro Prospect
And1: 155

What is a fair trade for Alfred Morris? 

Post#1 » by drat456 » Sun Sep 14, 2014 5:44 am

I just got offered emmanuel sanders, Reggie bush, Ahmed Bradshaw for morris, and also offered from another team andre Ellington, Evans for Alfred morris. What do you think? Also what's a fair 1 for 1 swap for morris?
KnicksGadfly
RealGM
And1: 13,606

Re: What is a fair trade for Alfred Morris? 

Post#2 » by KnicksGadfly » Sun Sep 14, 2014 6:10 am

Settings? League size? What's the rest of your team like? Who's on the waiver wire and who would you drop?
drat456
Pro Prospect

Post#3 » by drat456 » Sun Sep 14, 2014 6:44 am

knicksh20b wrote:Settings? League size? What's the rest of your team like? Who's on the waiver wire and who would you drop?

Standard ESPN, 10 teams, team is...

Nick Foles QB

LEsean McCoy RB

AlfredMorris RB

Dez Bryant WR

Alshon Jeffrey WR

Jason Witten TE

Desean Jackson FLEX

49ers Defense

Justin tucker K

now my bench is..

Trent Richardson
Markus Wheaton
Colin Kaepernick
Rueben Randle
Delanie Walker
Carlos Hyde
Justin Hunter
KnicksGadfly
RealGM

Post#4 » by KnicksGadfly » Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:43 am

drat456 wrote:
knicksh20b wrote:Settings? League size? What's the rest of your team like? Who's on the waiver wire and who would you drop?

Standard ESPN, 10 teams, team is...

Nick Foles QB

LEsean McCoy RB

AlfredMorris RB

Dez Bryant WR

Alshon Jeffrey WR

Jason Witten TE

Desean Jackson FLEX

49ers Defense

Justin tucker K

now my bench is..

Trent Richardson
Markus Wheaton
Colin Kaepernick
Rueben Randle
Delanie Walker
Carlos Hyde
Justin Hunter

Well these are my thoughts on your squad. I'm not an expert, by the way, so maybe other people can help.
Your WR situation is good. Dez Bryant + Alshon are good studs that you will hardly ever bench, although Alshon is a big injury risk this week. Justin Hunter, I would start this week instead against Dallas, and has the potential to blow up. He's getting a lot of targets for the Titans. Markus Wheaton is not bad as flex. I'm really down on Reuban Randle...don't think he and Eli have the connection to make this work. Honestly, I'd be fine going into the season with a rotation of Wheaton, Jeffrey, DeSean, Bryant and Hunter. If you're nervous about your WR, then maybe the first deal will be more attractive. Emmanuel Sanders will be the prize for you, but he'll be a flex option at best...third option behind the Thomases, but in the Manning offense, so he could blow up at any week.

Your running backs...Carlos Hyde is potentially good late season, but not going to start any time soon for you. Trent Richardson, I'm not a big fan of, and most sites think that Ahmad Bradshaw will take over, once the Colts stop being stubborn. The question is when. I like LeSean, I like Morris. Morris is high floor, in my opinion, and his value is higher in standard leagues. LeSean is a RB1. Andre Ellington is going to get a big workload, but has injury concerns. I think Morris is more of a sure thing, with a good workload, and Mike Evans would be your 6th best WR. Reggie Bush has lost his a lot to Joique, who gets the carries and the goal line work. He'll catch some balls, though. You might want to think about picking up another bench RB to be on the safe side.

I honestly don't like the downgrade for you. I think WR is solid for you and losing Morris hurts. Morris is a guy you can pretty much plug in almost every week. Bradshaw, as long as the Colts are trying to justify their Richardson trade, is going to be up and down. If you want to shore up your back up RB, I'd honestly look through the waiver wire before even considering the 1st deal. It's a 10 man league, so there should be some good value out there.
drat456
Pro Prospect

Post#5 » by drat456 » Sun Sep 14, 2014 2:22 pm

Should I ask for Moreno back along with sanders instead?
TheRealistGM
Veteran
And1: 849

Post#6 » by TheRealistGM » Sun Sep 14, 2014 7:00 pm

Quality > Quantity .. Too many guys try to justify an equal trade by just adding extra players..whats the point of those extra guys when they will likely just rot on your bench
KnicksGadfly
RealGM

Post#7 » by KnicksGadfly » Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:43 am

drat456 wrote:Should I ask for Moreno back along with sanders instead?

Sorry good sir. Quote me next time. Otherwise, I don't get notifications. You probably know this already, but Morris is on the rise and Moreno is injured. Ride with Morris...the situation looks good for him.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,043

Post#8 » by bwgood77 » Wed Sep 17, 2014 5:48 pm

I like Ellington about as much as Morris. You really lack RB depth, though Richardson's game was encouraging. I'd probably stand pat or try to get something better along with Ellington. If you did get Ellington, I'd try and get Jonathan Dwyer if he is available as insurance.
drat456
Pro Prospect

Post#9 » by drat456 » Sun Sep 21, 2014 1:59 am

Ended up trading him for jordy Nelson and Ryan Matthews

Return to Fantasy Football