Who do you think are the best fantasy sleeper WRs this year?

Moderator: MadNESS

User avatar
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
Posts: 33,825
And1: 13,782
Joined: Feb 06, 2009
Location: Austin
Contact:
   

Who do you think are the best fantasy sleeper WRs this year? 

Post#1 » by bwgood77 » Sat Sep 3, 2016 5:21 pm

Who are some great sleeper WRs who either didn't start last year, are a rookie, or did start but may be an afterthought?
User avatar
Arda K
RealGM
Posts: 47,970
And1: 18,758
Joined: Apr 11, 2007
Location: Frisco
     

Re: Rank your best sleeper WR fantasy picks 

Post#2 » by Arda K » Sat Sep 3, 2016 5:32 pm

i got boyd, aiken, agholor from the draft so those are my guys. lockett and moncrief will break out this year as well, if they count as a sleeper.
TheLowlySquire wrote:Wow, Arda! Huge!


Howard Mass wrote:Arda is not a terrorist. Arda is a good person.
ErnieDiGregorio
Pro Prospect
Posts: 807
And1: 73
Joined: Jun 02, 2016

Re: Rank your best sleeper WR fantasy picks 

Post#3 » by ErnieDiGregorio » Sat Sep 3, 2016 5:59 pm

Josh Gordon.
Pitt. Eli Rogers
Ravans Wallace
Falcons Sanu
Bradford goes to Minn. ..Diggs and Treadwell become Sleepers more or less.
Sterling Shepard
bleu
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Posts: 6,125
And1: 999
Joined: Apr 24, 2007
       

Re: Rank your best sleeper WR fantasy picks 

Post#4 » by bleu » Sat Sep 3, 2016 8:14 pm

Not sure he fits in the category of sleeper, but I think Golden Tate could have a huge year being the #1 receiver in Detroit.
User avatar
Cactus Jack
General Manager
Posts: 8,296
And1: 3,628
Joined: Feb 25, 2015
Location: NBA team was stolen
   

Re: Rank your best sleeper WR fantasy picks 

Post#5 » by Cactus Jack » Sat Sep 3, 2016 8:44 pm

Eli Rogers, Sammie Coates, Michael Thomas
Quazza wrote:ALL FUTURE ERECTIONS WILL BE NAMED KEVIN FOR BEING SUCH A STAND UP GUY
User avatar
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
Posts: 33,825
And1: 13,782
Joined: Feb 06, 2009
Location: Austin
Contact:
   

Re: Rank your best sleeper WR fantasy picks 

Post#6 » by bwgood77 » Sat Sep 3, 2016 10:42 pm

Arda K wrote:i got boyd, aiken, agholor from the draft so those are my guys. lockett and moncrief will break out this year as well, if they count as a sleeper.


I guess I meant, in general, who do you think are the best sleeper wrs this year.
bluejerseyjinx
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,236
And1: 556
Joined: Oct 18, 2014
     

Re: Who do you think are the best fantasy sleeper WRs this year? 

Post#7 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sun Sep 4, 2016 12:14 pm

Willie Sneed, Tyler Boyd, Vincent Jackson, Marvin Jones, Sterling Shepard and that Lockett kid from Seattle. A possible big time sleeper could be Treadwell from Minnesota.
User avatar
Stromile12
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,436
And1: 1,759
Joined: Oct 22, 2006
Location: SK
 

Re: Who do you think are the best fantasy sleeper WRs this year? 

Post#8 » by Stromile12 » Mon Sep 5, 2016 7:59 am

I think Chris Hogan has a shot
OnceUponADime
Senior
Posts: 626
And1: 399
Joined: Aug 13, 2016

Re: Who do you think are the best fantasy sleeper WRs this year? 

Post#9 » by OnceUponADime » Mon Sep 5, 2016 8:43 am

Travis Benjamin and Allen Hurns.
User avatar
Ayatollah
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,448
And1: 1,790
Joined: Jul 04, 2009
Location: Southern Germany
   

Re: Who do you think are the best fantasy sleeper WRs this year? 

Post#10 » by Ayatollah » Mon Sep 5, 2016 11:49 am

OnceUponADime wrote:Travis Benjamin and Allen Hurns.

Won´t say those two are sleepers because you can expect a (very) good season from both.

Don´t know what´s Josh Gordon´s current fantasy status is but I think Stefon Diggs will be off the hook this year.
User avatar
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
Posts: 33,825
And1: 13,782
Joined: Feb 06, 2009
Location: Austin
Contact:
   

Re: Who do you think are the best fantasy sleeper WRs this year? 

Post#11 » by bwgood77 » Mon Sep 5, 2016 2:38 pm

Stromile12 wrote:I think Chris Hogan has a shot


Yes, I picked up him and Phillip Dorsett in FA after our draft here and a little more research.
ErnieDiGregorio
Pro Prospect
Posts: 807
And1: 73
Joined: Jun 02, 2016

Re: Who do you think are the best fantasy sleeper WRs this year? 

Post#12 » by ErnieDiGregorio » Mon Sep 5, 2016 8:52 pm

its sad.
theres hardly any up to date depth charts or rosters on the internet yet.

espn's free little fantasy stuff has last years crap rosters.
User avatar
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
Posts: 33,825
And1: 13,782
Joined: Feb 06, 2009
Location: Austin
Contact:
   

Re: Who do you think are the best fantasy sleeper WRs this year? 

Post#13 » by bwgood77 » Mon Sep 5, 2016 9:00 pm

I got Devin Funchess as my last WR. He any good?
bleu
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Posts: 6,125
And1: 999
Joined: Apr 24, 2007
       

Re: Who do you think are the best fantasy sleeper WRs this year? 

Post#14 » by bleu » Tue Sep 6, 2016 12:57 am

Ayatollah wrote:
OnceUponADime wrote:Travis Benjamin and Allen Hurns.

Won´t say those two are sleepers because you can expect a (very) good season from both.

Don´t know what´s Josh Gordon´s current fantasy status is but I think Stefon Diggs will be off the hook this year.


I don't know, I've seen projections for Travis Benjamin all over the place. Last year he had a few good games, but he was quiet for a lot of the season as well. Then again, he was being thrown to by Johnny Manziel and Austin Davis. I think he'll have a very good year, but I would consider him a sleeper.
User avatar
Ayatollah
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,448
And1: 1,790
Joined: Jul 04, 2009
Location: Southern Germany
   

Re: Who do you think are the best fantasy sleeper WRs this year? 

Post#15 » by Ayatollah » Tue Sep 6, 2016 7:36 am

bleu wrote:
Ayatollah wrote:
OnceUponADime wrote:Travis Benjamin and Allen Hurns.

Won´t say those two are sleepers because you can expect a (very) good season from both.

Don´t know what´s Josh Gordon´s current fantasy status is but I think Stefon Diggs will be off the hook this year.


I don't know, I've seen projections for Travis Benjamin all over the place. Last year he had a few good games, but he was quiet for a lot of the season as well. Then again, he was being thrown to by Johnny Manziel and Austin Davis. I think he'll have a very good year, but I would consider him a sleeper.

You´re absolutely right, I read Kelvin Benjamin 8-) (I was a little bit confused with your Johnny Manziel input :lol: )
User avatar
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
Posts: 33,825
And1: 13,782
Joined: Feb 06, 2009
Location: Austin
Contact:
   

Re: Who do you think are the best fantasy sleeper WRs this year? 

Post#16 » by bwgood77 » Tue Sep 6, 2016 8:17 am

Ayatollah wrote:
bleu wrote:
Ayatollah wrote:Won´t say those two are sleepers because you can expect a (very) good season from both.

Don´t know what´s Josh Gordon´s current fantasy status is but I think Stefon Diggs will be off the hook this year.


I don't know, I've seen projections for Travis Benjamin all over the place. Last year he had a few good games, but he was quiet for a lot of the season as well. Then again, he was being thrown to by Johnny Manziel and Austin Davis. I think he'll have a very good year, but I would consider him a sleeper.

You´re absolutely right, I read Kelvin Benjamin 8-) (I was a little bit confused with your Johnny Manziel input :lol: )


I have Travis Benjamin in a league and as a Chargers fan always see Rivers increase people's stats. He had 900 yards and like 6 tds last year with Manziel and McCown. Rivers a bit of an upgrade and the best deep ball qb, or one of the best. Plus Stevie Johnson out for the year. So it's basically Allen, Benjamin and Gates.
Goober
GOTB's Cancun
Posts: 9,650
And1: 3,625
Joined: Jun 09, 2014
     

Re: Who do you think are the best fantasy sleeper WRs this year? 

Post#17 » by Goober » Wed Sep 7, 2016 3:34 am

I don't know if this counts, but I can see Hopkins being even better than last year and potentially the best WR in the league.
Image
User avatar
IrishRainbow
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,632
And1: 198
Joined: Oct 24, 2006
Location: @ the drawing table
     

Re: RE: Re: Who do you think are the best fantasy sleeper WRs this year? 

Post#18 » by IrishRainbow » Wed Sep 7, 2016 8:38 pm

bwgood77 wrote:I got Devin Funchess as my last WR. He any good?


I've grabbed him in a couple leagues but I don't know if I trust him just yet. Kinda a flyer. He's big so he could see RZ targets but Benjamin is even bigger...plus Olsen. He's not gonna burn people so he'll have to master the underneath...ugh...I think I just talked myself into diving into the FA pool. BUT...if KB comes up lame again, he could easily be in line for all those touches.
User avatar
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
Posts: 33,825
And1: 13,782
Joined: Feb 06, 2009
Location: Austin
Contact:
   

Re: RE: Re: Who do you think are the best fantasy sleeper WRs this year? 

Post#19 » by bwgood77 » Wed Sep 7, 2016 8:57 pm

IrishRainbow wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:I got Devin Funchess as my last WR. He any good?


I've grabbed him in a couple leagues but I don't know if I trust him just yet. Kinda a flyer. He's big so he could see RZ targets but Benjamin is even bigger...plus Olsen. He's not gonna burn people so he'll have to master the underneath...ugh...I think I just talked myself into diving into the FA pool. BUT...if KB comes up lame again, he could easily be in line for all those touches.


I could drop him for Forsett or Sproles. I have Terrance West so maybe Forsett makes sense to have too.
TheFire
Sophomore
Posts: 227
And1: 290
Joined: Feb 19, 2012
 

Re: Who do you think are the best fantasy sleeper WRs this year? 

Post#20 » by TheFire » Thu Sep 8, 2016 2:18 am

Marvin Jones.

Return to Fantasy Football