ImageImageImage

Good idea to cut/trade Leinart

Moderator: bwgood77

Mr. Sun
General Manager
And1: 0

Good idea to cut/trade Leinart 

Post#1 » by Mr. Sun » Wed Sep 1, 2010 9:06 am

I can't see paying him $7.36 million next season. Much rather get working on Hall now.
jlove_26
Sixth Man
And1: 12

Re: Good idea to cut/trade Leinart 

Post#2 » by jlove_26 » Wed Sep 1, 2010 7:15 pm

$7.36? If Leinart is on the Cardinals roster past March 2011, he will get close to $14 mil.

I believe there are 4 reasons that Leinart is basically being pushed out of Arizona:

1. He is basically a 1 year guy for the Cards now. He has not showed anything to warrant a $14 mil contract next year, so he's here basically this year then gone anyways.

2. They just signed DA this summer and will not follow what the Bengals did with Antonio Bryant (sign him in the off season, then cut him before the 53 man draw down).

3. The play and massive upside of both Skelton and Hall.

4. The Cardinals know, they can't carry 4 QB's. They also know that they can't drop Skelton or Hall to waivers (so they can pick the odd one out for the practice squad), cause they know almost every team in the league has interest in both of them.

Soooooo, in conclusion......keep Leinart here for the year, then drop him and lose out on either Skelton or Hall........orrrrrrrrrrr, drop Leinart now and ensure you keep both of them.

DA might not be the best QB for this team right now, but either of the rookies will most likely be the starter by mid season anyways, whether Leinart is here or not.
Mr. Sun
General Manager
And1: 0

Re: Good idea to cut/trade Leinart 

Post#3 » by Mr. Sun » Wed Sep 1, 2010 10:16 pm

^^ I think anything above $7.36 is incentives if I understand his contract correctly, but yeah he is going to be expensive.

Return to Arizona Cardinals