And1: 7,989

NFL Draft 

Post#1 » by HMFFL » Thu Mar 27, 2014 3:34 pm

Here is when the Falcons will select:

Round 1 – No. 6 overall
Round 2 – No. 37 overall
Round 3 – No. 68 overall
Round 4 – No. 103 overall
Round 4 – No. 139 overall (compensatory)
Round 5 – No. 147 overall
Round 6 – No. 182 overall
Round 7 – No. 220 overall
Round 7 – No. 253 overall (compensatory)
Round 7 – No. 255 overall (compensatory)
ATL Boy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,003

Re: NFL Draft 

Post#2 » by ATL Boy » Thu Mar 27, 2014 8:49 pm

Schefter reported that the Falcons were the first team to announce that we might trade up, it would have to be for Clowney if we did: Clowney even said he hopes we trade up for him.

We missed you btw H.
SichtingLives wrote:life hack:

When a man heaves a live chainsaw towards you from distance, stand still. No one has good accuracy throwing a chainsaw.
tcorbin
Pro Prospect
And1: 92

Post#3 » by tcorbin » Fri Mar 28, 2014 6:41 am

I would trade the 6th and 2015's 3rd round pick to either Texans or Rams, make them fight for it. I wouldn't go higher. if that doesn't happen, then i'm more than happy to walk away with Greg Robison, Mack, or Barr.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,466

Post#4 » by Jamaaliver » Mon Apr 28, 2014 7:50 pm

ATL Boy wrote:Schefter reported that the Falcons were the first team to announce that we might trade up, it would have to be for Clowney if we did: Clowney even said he hopes we trade up for him.

tcorbin wrote:I would trade the 6th and 2015's 3rd round pick to either Texans or Rams, make them fight for it. I wouldn't go higher. if that doesn't happen, then i'm more than happy to walk away with Greg Robison, Mack, or Barr.

Gonna take more than that to trade for #1 overall, especially if others covet Jadeveon. WAS gave up multiple 1st rounders years ago to move up 2 spots to #2 and select RGIII. I suspect it'd cost even more for #1.

Which is why I am officially against doing so. We need help at OT, DE, LB, FS & RB.

Trade back. Get an extra 2nd rounder and fill all our needs with solid contributors. If we just add depth we're a contender again. If nothing else, stand pat at #6 and draft one of the top tackles.

RealGM Wiretap wrote:The Atlanta Falcons appear increasingly less likely to remain at No. 6 in the 2014 NFL Draft.The Falcons are considering the possibility of moving all the way up to No. 1 to draft Jadeveon Clowney.Talks between the Falcons and Houston Texans have not begun, however.The Falcons could also consider moving down since the top-10 is considered strong.Via Ian Rapoport/NFL.com
http://football.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/32962/20140428/falcons_unlikely_to_remain_at_no_6/
ATL Boy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#5 » by ATL Boy » Thu May 8, 2014 10:41 pm

Texans saying they'll definitely pick number 1 now. Falcons in serious talks about trading up to number 4.

When a man heaves a live chainsaw towards you from distance, stand still. No one has good accuracy throwing a chainsaw.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#6 » by Jamaaliver » Thu May 8, 2014 11:08 pm

ATL Boy wrote:Texans saying they'll definitely pick number 1 now. Falcons in serious talks about trading up to number 4.

But for WHOM?!?!?!?

I'd love to add Mack to our defense, but that seems like a long shot. Who else do we move up for? Greg Robinson? I kinda hope we move back and pick up extra picks in the 2nd or 3rd round.

I'm so excited the Draft is finally here:

atlantabbq99
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,602

Post#7 » by atlantabbq99 » Fri May 9, 2014 5:47 am

Good solid pick up in Matthews.

I'm hoping the Falcons get Stephon Tuitt or Jeremiah Attaochu in the second round. I also wouldn't mind Trent Murphy or Kony Ealy

Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#8 » by Jamaaliver » Fri May 9, 2014 6:17 am

atlantabbq99 wrote:Good solid pick up in Matthews.

Indeed. I was all like:

Still a little bummed we missed out on Mack by one pick. I see that young man as a game changer for the next 6-7 years.

Jake Matthews is indeed a solid consolation prize. I think we can pencil him in as starting LT for the next decade...at least.
ATL Boy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#9 » by ATL Boy » Fri May 9, 2014 8:36 pm

Matthews is the most polished O-Lineman out of this draft and the best Pass Blocker. Our O-Line should be solid next year with the additions of him and Asamoah from KC. I'd like a Pass Rusher in the 2nd and a Safety or TE in the 3rd.

atlantabbq99
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,602

Post#10 » by atlantabbq99 » Sat May 10, 2014 10:48 am

im not a fan of the Hageman pick, Dimitroff does not have a good draft history when it comes to O or D lineman ( Lamar Holmes, Peter Konz, Peria Jerry, Corey Peters, Lawrence Sidbury, Mike Johnson, Andrew Jackson)

Dimitroff is really gifted when it comes to scouting and drafting skill players like QB, WR, RB, LB, but sometimes his choices at lineman just don't pan out. i really wanted Attaochu because Falcons have zero speed on the edges and Attaochu has the speed and size similar to Mack.

But Hageman could be another Seymour or Watt
ATL Boy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#11 » by ATL Boy » Sat May 10, 2014 6:57 pm

We should've gotten Lynch in the 5th round.

Return to Atlanta Falcons