Weatherspoon will miss 2014 season to torn Achilles

Moderator: HMFFL

Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,486

Weatherspoon will miss 2014 season to torn Achilles 

Post#1 » by Jamaaliver » Wed Jun 11, 2014 6:49 am

Linebacker Sean Weatherspoon, the team’s first-round pick in 2010, suffered a ruptured Achilles tendon during the team’s practice. The injury will cause Weatherspoon to miss the 2014 campaign...Falcons coach Mike Smith announced Tuesday night that Weatherspoon was running “with our medical staff” during one of those essential OTA’s when the injury occurred....

This is bad.

His Falcons career is undoubtedly over.

REALLY wish we had gotten Khalil Mack, now...
DirtybirdGA
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,863

Re: Weatherspoon will miss 2014 season to torn Achilles 

Post#2 » by DirtybirdGA » Thu Jun 12, 2014 7:18 pm

I was kinda getting used to him not being there after last season. So bad to be out this early in the year.
Where the offseason has more buzz happens.
ATL Boy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,003

Re: Weatherspoon will miss 2014 season to torn Achilles 

Post#3 » by ATL Boy » Thu Jun 19, 2014 3:36 am

I don't think we can blame TD for not getting Mack, he didn't want to give up too much in a trade up, so he stayed put at 6 and got the best player available.

As for Spoon, I place him under the category of bust. He's been the heart and soul of the defense when on the field, but the problem is that he hasn't been on the field much. I'm sure we'll give a 1 year contract for min money after this year, he won't find any better offer anywhere else.
SichtingLives wrote:life hack:

When a man heaves a live chainsaw towards you from distance, stand still. No one has good accuracy throwing a chainsaw.

Return to Atlanta Falcons