Moderator: HMFFL

Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,374

And the House Cleaning begins... 

Post#1 » by Jamaaliver » Fri Feb 27, 2015 6:05 pm

To recap this anticipated off-season payroll slashing so far:

• They released running back Steven Jackson Thursday night, eliminating his $3.75 million salary from next year’s payroll. Jackson had a pro-rated signing bonus so it’s believed the team will carry a dead salary cap hit of $1,166.668.)

• The Falcons have released wide receiver Harry Douglas...Douglas was schedule to make $3.5 million next season. His exit does not come as a surprise. I thought the Falcons might deal Douglas, perhaps for a low-round draft pick, but there apparently was no market, probably because of the contract.

http://jeffschultz.blog.ajc.com/2015/02/27/falcons-payroll-slash-continues-douglas-gone-more-coming/
ATL Boy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,003

Re: And the House Cleaning begins... 

Post#2 » by ATL Boy » Sat Feb 28, 2015 9:45 pm

Justin Blalock cut too. He was a good, solid player in the O line for us, but he just didn't fit Shanahan's zone blocking scheme.

Baker is now the only starting O-Lineman remaining from that 2008 group, which gave up the fewest sacks in the NFL.
SichtingLives wrote:life hack:

When a man heaves a live chainsaw towards you from distance, stand still. No one has good accuracy throwing a chainsaw.
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 7,903

Re: And the House Cleaning begins... 

Post#3 » by HMFFL » Sun Mar 1, 2015 8:22 pm

Harry Douglas being released doesn't sit very well with some of the fans that I know.
I understand the reasoning behind it, but I also need to see some talent added, and I expressed that to the ticket office (not that it matters) when I had a meeting with them this past Thursday.

Return to Atlanta Falcons