66%

Total votes: 82

Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,656

Re: Barnes is under appreciated 'round these parts 

Post#1081 » by Coxy » Mon May 4, 2015 7:59 am

I think he's appreciated just fine.

My expectations of him have dropped to a tall, strong 3 and D guy, which he does just fine. I don't want anything more from him now so he stays cheap.
East Bay Sports
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,559

Post#1082 » by East Bay Sports » Mon May 4, 2015 12:49 pm

I don't see how he does everything, but he is a solid hustle guy who is good for some rebounds w/ solid defense and can hit the open shots he is provided. Draymond Green does everything.
CCComboBreaker
Rookie
And1: 115

Post#1083 » by CCComboBreaker » Mon May 4, 2015 3:56 pm

East Bay Sports wrote:Draymond Green does everything.

Really? Draymond Green has a strong post game? He can bully Z-BO or Gasol on the block? He can play elite post defense? He can do a mean cross-over and blow by the defender for a dunk? He can do step-back jumpers? Wow when did this happen?

Coxy wrote:My expectations of him have dropped to a tall, strong 3 and D guy, which he does just fine.

Yeah you both actually described Draymond Green. Barnes actually only made one bucket from three last game, all his other scores were in multiple ways. Green scored all of his points from 3, and his defense wasn't as good as Barnes' was last game.
Onus
RealGM
And1: 5,239

Post#1084 » by Onus » Mon May 4, 2015 4:29 pm

I will say Barnes played a really good game in game 1 against the grizz. Now if he only did that consistently he'd be a great fit
Most 4th Quarter Points in Final since 1991
1995 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5
2000 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5 (61.1% TS)
2015 Stephen Curry 10.8 (75.1% TS)
1997 Michael Jordan 10.7 (55.1% TS)
1998 Michael Jordan 10.6 (50.6% TS)
2011 Dirk Nowitzki 10.3 (68.0% TS)
cj03
Starter
And1: 154

Post#1085 » by cj03 » Mon May 4, 2015 4:51 pm

Onus wrote:I will say Barnes played a really good game in game 1 against the grizz. Now if he only did that consistently he'd be a great fit

As a stretch 4, he's awesome. But if you put two bigs out there with him w/o Steph & Klay, he'll struggle. Kerr needs to keep him in situations where he can succeed.
Onus
RealGM

Post#1086 » by Onus » Mon May 4, 2015 4:55 pm

cj03 wrote:
Onus wrote:I will say Barnes played a really good game in game 1 against the grizz. Now if he only did that consistently he'd be a great fit

As a stretch 4, he's awesome. But if you put two bigs out there with him w/o Steph & Klay, he'll struggle. Kerr needs to keep him in situations where he can succeed.

Are you ok matching up Barnes with z-bo? I for one want to see how he fares without hard doubles.
cj03
Starter

Post#1087 » by cj03 » Mon May 4, 2015 5:16 pm

Onus wrote:
cj03 wrote:

Are you ok matching up Barnes with z-bo? I for one want to see how he fares without hard doubles.

I'm fine with it as long as we double from the weakside. I wouldn't want to go with it for more than 15-20 min a game, but it a pinch I'm fine with it. It's pretty obvious Z-bo would eat him for lunch if he gets postups with space. But the Grizzlies' spacing is awful so we could probably get away with it.
Onus
RealGM

Post#1088 » by Onus » Mon May 4, 2015 5:34 pm

cj03 wrote:
Onus wrote:
cj03 wrote:

I'm fine with it as long as we double from the weakside. I wouldn't want to go with it for more than 15-20 min a game, but it a pinch I'm fine with it. It's pretty obvious Z-bo would eat him for lunch if he gets postups with space. But the Grizzlies' spacing is awful so we could probably get away with it.

That's pretty much where I am at. Barnes has some country boy strength tho he may not look it. I love that he'll compete downlow and won't run away from the physicality. So many tweeners just won't do it.
CCComboBreaker
Rookie

Post#1089 » by CCComboBreaker » Mon May 4, 2015 6:02 pm

cj03 wrote:

That's funny, I could of sworn most of his points came as part of the bench line-up.
Chefcurry
Junior
And1: 32

Barnes is under appreciated 'round these parts 

Post#1090 » by Chefcurry » Mon May 4, 2015 6:35 pm

Barnes over iggy!!

-chef curry with the pot boyyy
cj03
Starter

Post#1091 » by cj03 » Mon May 4, 2015 7:45 pm

omnificent wrote:
cj03 wrote:

That's funny, I could of sworn most of his points came as part of the bench line-up.

Yea, b/c he was the stretch 4 with the bench. Play him with two bigs and no Steph/Klay, and he's not nearly as effective.
old rem
RealGM
And1: 1,080

Post#1092 » by old rem » Mon May 4, 2015 10:07 pm

Coxy wrote:I think he's appreciated just fine.

My expectations of him have dropped to a tall, strong 3 and D guy, which he does just fine. I don't want anything more from him now so he stays cheap.
:rock: :rock: The "stays cheap part...... matters more than many know. REALITY CHECK......GSW is now a big favorite to win it all. Barnes has yet to do "star" but in team context.. is doing fine. If he got "flashy" ... the next contract gets expensive. If he is "low profile" then he may be a bargain who LATER... really steps up.
CENSORED... No comment.
Coxy
RealGM

Post#1093 » by Coxy » Mon May 4, 2015 10:24 pm

omnificent wrote:

Really? Draymond Green has a strong post game? He can bully Z-BO or Gasol on the block? He can play elite post defense? He can do a mean cross-over and blow by the defender for a dunk? He can do step-back jumpers? Wow when did this happen?

Coxy wrote:My expectations of him have dropped to a tall, strong 3 and D guy, which he does just fine.

Yeah you both actually described Draymond Green. Barnes actually only made one bucket from three last game, all his other scores were in multiple ways. Green scored all of his points from 3, and his defense wasn't as good as Barnes' was last game.

Getting scoring in multiple ways is just a bonus from Barnsey.

You just see what fits your crazy omni-bot stubborn stance.
JimmyTD3
Banned User
And1: 1,640

Re: The Falcon King - The Harrison Barnes Thread 

Post#1094 » by JimmyTD3 » Mon May 4, 2015 10:31 pm

Everyone's blowing a load over Demarre Carroll...Harry is giving us the same thing, except with less hype. Solid gold.
Jerry Maine
Sixth Man
And1: 719

Post#1095 » by Jerry Maine » Tue May 5, 2015 1:07 am

Stringcheese wrote:Everyone's blowing a load over Demarre Carroll...Harry is giving us the same thing, except with less hype. Solid gold.

This.

Was great seeing him aggressive like he was in game 1, I think he's primed to have a good series.
"What're they gonna say now, boy?" - Wardell Stephen Curry, 16th June 2022
turk3d
RealGM
And1: 1,277

Post#1096 » by turk3d » Tue May 5, 2015 1:31 am

Wow. Barnes got stickied. Moving up in the world. lol
Draymond Green: Exemplifies Warrior Leadership, Hustle, Desire, Versatility, Toughness, fearlessness, Grit, Heart,Team Spirit, Sacrifice
cj03
Starter

Post#1097 » by cj03 » Tue May 5, 2015 1:57 am

Stringcheese wrote:Everyone's blowing a load over Demarre Carroll...Harry is giving us the same thing, except with less hype. Solid gold.

But Carroll scored double the amount of points than Barnes...he basically carried the Hawks offense last game. And he's been shooting ridiculously well in the playoffs: 54.3% from the field, 46.7% from 3 on 5 attempts a game, & 83.3% from the line. He's scored 20 or more points in 5 of the 7 games and he's never taken more than 15 shots. I'd say Carroll's been better than Barnes to this point. Not to say Barnes has been bad, but he isn't giving us the same thing.
turk3d
RealGM
And1: 1,277

Post#1098 » by turk3d » Tue May 5, 2015 2:35 am

cj03 wrote:

But Carroll scored double the amount of points than Barnes...he basically carried the Hawks offense last game. And he's been shooting ridiculously well in the playoffs: 54.3% from the field, 46.7% from 3 on 5 attempts a game, & 83.3% from the line. He's scored 20 or more points in 5 of the 7 games and he's never taken more than 15 shots. I'd say Carroll's been better than Barnes to this point. Not to say Barnes has been bad, but he isn't giving us the same thing.

Carroll's been carrying them because the rest of the Hawks have been sucking and they're not paying attention to him. So because he's been good for a few games that makes him better than Barnes, lol. So I guess he's better than Korver, Teague, Horford and Milsap too because he's been outplaying them for a few games. Some people just can't hold the Barnes dislike in I guess.
Draymond Green: Exemplifies Warrior Leadership, Hustle, Desire, Versatility, Toughness, fearlessness, Grit, Heart,Team Spirit, Sacrifice
CCComboBreaker
Rookie

Post#1099 » by CCComboBreaker » Tue May 5, 2015 2:45 am

Coxy wrote:
omnificent wrote:

Getting scoring in multiple ways is just a bonus from Barnsey.

You just see what fits your crazy omni-bot stubborn stance.

Really? It's only my opinion that Barnes only scored once from 3 and made all the rest of his buckets in different ways (driving, put back, step back, ect)? LOL that's a fact buddy. The only one true 3-and-D guy on our team is Green.
Coxy
RealGM

Post#1100 » by Coxy » Tue May 5, 2015 3:22 am

omnificent wrote:Really? It's only my opinion that Barnes only scored once from 3 and made all the rest of his buckets in different ways (driving, put back, step back, ect)? LOL that's a fact buddy. The only one true 3-and-D guy on our team is Green.

Yawn.

Once again, your wrong. Dray does way more than 3 & D. Barnes has been that guy all season long, but of course the omni-bot selects 1 game as a way to try and shove a ridiculous take down peoples throats.

Your spam seems to be getting stronger. They must have written in some more code.

Return to Golden State Warriors