This is what David Lee is playing through **graphic photo**

Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,661

Re: This is what David Lee is playing through **graphic photo** 

Post#21 » by Coxy » Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:26 am

The ball could get stuck in that hole.

I hope for Davids sake his chick doesn't have any weird fetishes or fantasies.
floppymoose
Senior Mod - Warriors
Senior Mod - Warriors
And1: 15,800

Post#22 » by floppymoose » Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:38 am

He should really heal up. I don't see the purpose in playing at half strength. It's not like we're contending.
St.Nick
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#23 » by St.Nick » Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:14 am

Yeah, stop being so selfish and heal up. You have been hurting the team with your stubborn refusal to take games off and let Vlad Rad play.

:lol:

This is very much like kicking a man while he is down, made worse by the fact that he'd fallen down when trying to help us back up.
floppymoose
Senior Mod - Warriors
Senior Mod - Warriors

Post#24 » by floppymoose » Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:45 am

huh? Where did I say he was selfish? I think it's admirable that he is trying to play. I just don't think it's wise in this instance.
St.Nick
Banned User

Post#25 » by St.Nick » Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:30 pm

Quite a measured response advising what's best for David Lee from the guy that spent so much time looking for pictures to make an anti-Lee game thread and going off on his play over the past few weeks.

It will be interesting to see how many game threads you make about David Lee when he comes back healthy. I'm guessing you will be as quiet about him as you were pre-injury when we were playing great team basketball.

Sniping on guys playing through injury FTL.
floppymoose
Senior Mod - Warriors
Senior Mod - Warriors

Post#26 » by floppymoose » Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:58 pm

Apparently the injury creates a Lee armistice. Sorry that I violated it. I'll be more careful in the future.

You should also tell that to all the other posters in this thread who think he should rest - it seems they didn't get the memo.
St.Nick
Banned User

Post#27 » by St.Nick » Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:18 pm

Going after him while he is playing through injury just makes sniping him that much more trite.

You do realize the difference between advising that a player should rest and going into attack mode, right?

All I hope to see are measured, intelligent responses to reality rather than making it a playground battle using mockery as a tool to further one's agenda. I appreciate specific discussion with appreciation and critique rather than the childish stuff that has tainted this board for so long.

Do as you wish, though, I certainly can't stop you from pushing what you want to push. Have a ball.
floppymoose
Senior Mod - Warriors
Senior Mod - Warriors

Post#28 » by floppymoose » Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:44 pm

I thought advising he should rest is what I did here?

I guess you are talking about criticisms of his game I have leveled elsewhere? Maybe you should respond in those threads so to prevent confusion. In this thread you are completely off in the weeds.

I'm sorry I can't live up to your standards where criticizing a basketball player's game is a childish agenda, but criticizing a poster's motivations and treating them disrespectfully is, apparently, to be admired.
St.Nick
Banned User

Post#29 » by St.Nick » Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:52 pm

Treating you disrespectfully? You mean by disagreeing with the way you are going after a player?

I guess I should be more respectful and just nod my head along with whatever you do. :nod:

BTW, I'm clearly referring to your game thread mocking of Lee. I could post in there on page 35, but I decided to address the overall attitude towards him in this thread since its a more obvious place to address the topic.

Sorry if thats too much to focus on for ya.
floppymoose
Senior Mod - Warriors
Senior Mod - Warriors

Post#30 » by floppymoose » Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:55 pm

You can disagree all you like. That's half the fun! Just please don't make it about the forum members.
Visigoth
Starter
And1: 0

Post#31 » by Visigoth » Wed Dec 15, 2010 2:30 pm

-bob- wrote:another Lee gore shot, w/ fresh blood oozing this time.
http://twitpic.com/3g2obv

Holy **** ****.
warriortone
Veteran
And1: 7

Post#32 » by warriortone » Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:40 pm

As much as I understand his desire to play and I am sure the contract is part of this equation, he really should rest until fully healed. I don't think it will make a dramatic difference in terms of performance, but he is clearly not right out there. At this point he is hurting us more than helping.
Sleepy51 wrote: a full blown groupthink brainfart
Ramathorn
Freshman

Post#33 » by Ramathorn » Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:15 pm

With Udoh back he should really sit a while. Curry being hurt doesn't make that decision any easier though.
It stinks like sex in here.
nf4mousdx
Banned User

Post#34 » by nf4mousdx » Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:52 pm

St.Nick wrote:Image

Dude has got a hole in his elbow. You know that thing hurts every time someone even breathes on it.

how does that hole affect his lack of defense, hustle, rebounding, and post up game?
Ramathorn
Freshman

Post#35 » by Ramathorn » Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:48 pm

nf4mousdx wrote:

Dude has got a hole in his elbow. You know that thing hurts every time someone even breathes on it.

how does that hole affect his lack of defense, hustle, rebounding, and post up game?

When has he not been hustling? He's one of the hardest workers on the team. Of course his rebounding will take a hit when he doesn't have full strength in one of his arms, but he's still solid on the boards. Post up and defense? Those weren't his strengths to begin with.

I think there's a hole in your head affecting your ability to put together coherent thoughts.
Sleepy51
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors
And1: 2,321

Post#36 » by Sleepy51 » Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:19 am

Ramathorn wrote:
nf4mousdx wrote:

When has he not been hustling?

I don't think it's fair to call it not hustling, but he has had to concede a number of plays each game that healthy he had been going balls out for. With the pain he's dealing with he has understandably had to pick his spots, but yeah, the injury has limited his results on what would be "hustle plays" when healthy.
Jester_ wrote:Can we trade Draymond Green for Grayson Allen?
Amazing Curry
Starter
And1: 65

Post#37 » by Amazing Curry » Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:28 am

nf4mousdx wrote:

lol. Imagine if you had a busted arm. Would you have the same intensity playing when it hurts to just go through a normal shooting motion? There's a reason why he's been using his right hand more ever since he came back from injury. His lack of defense, he always had, so you can't blame it on injury.
nf4mousdx
Banned User

Post#38 » by nf4mousdx » Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:39 am

Ramathorn wrote:
nf4mousdx wrote:

When has he not been hustling? He's one of the hardest workers on the team. Of course his rebounding will take a hit when he doesn't have full strength in one of his arms, but he's still solid on the boards. Post up and defense? Those weren't his strengths to begin with.

I think there's a hole in your head affecting your ability to put together coherent thoughts.

i suppose you missed this thread:
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1071847&start=75

"Post up and defense? Those weren't his strengths to begin with"

no kidding. tad bit important in the nba, no? lee has always been overrated. consistently gets outhustled for rebounds. zero d. zero inside game. see the knicks? night and day between lee vs amare.
statsman
Analyst
And1: 438

Post#39 » by statsman » Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:13 am

delsol650 wrote:Blame it on the med staff that didn't take care of it the way it should have like the Dirk situation in Dallas in which he was taken out right away, injury taken care of and cleaned out then only missed a game.

No guarantees he would have only missed a game, but this was the best route for Lee. Get the elbow cleaned out and Lee started on antibiotics immediately.
Ramathorn
Freshman

Post#40 » by Ramathorn » Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:14 am

nf4mousdx wrote:
i suppose you missed this thread:
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1071847&start=75

"Post up and defense? Those weren't his strengths to begin with"

no kidding. tad bit important in the nba, no? lee has always been overrated. consistently gets outhustled for rebounds. zero d. zero inside game. see the knicks? night and day between lee vs amare.

What does any of the previous posts have to do with comparing him to Amare? I'm not saying he isn't overrated or over payed, but to say he lacks hustle or rebounding is just a lie. That's what he's been his whole career, a hustle player who rebounds and hits 15 footers.

Rebounding = hustle. Especially when you're 6'9 with average athleticism. That highlight is a poor example of not hustling. He was back pedaling and when he turned to run there's already 2 guys ahead of him. Why charge at them like a maniac and pick up a pointless foul? That was a easy basket regardless.

Return to Golden State Warriors