ImageImageImageImageImage

Conversation with Lacob

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

oaktownwarriors87
RealGM
And1: 4,349

Re: Conversation with Lacob 

Post#41 » by oaktownwarriors87 » Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:28 am

floppymoose wrote:Yeah it would be nice to have a big who drew fouls on the opposition. That's not really Lee, and it sure as heck isn't Biedrins, who is the only player I've ever seen run up the tunnel to avoid getting intentionally fouled.

The big men are -5.7 in FTA differential and the perimeter players are -2.0. Biedrins get 0.5 FTA per game. The more and more I look into it the sadder it gets.

A player like Nene could take this team from -7.7 to near even just like that. He gets to the line 5 more times a game than Biedins and fouls much less.
cdubbz wrote:Donte DiVincenzo will outplay Poole this season.
cladden
Analyst
And1: 373

Post#42 » by cladden » Wed Apr 20, 2011 4:00 am

floppymoose wrote:oak, I absolutely agree that the guards breaking down is why the bigs carry the higher load. But all the guards break down. Some are a lot better than others, but in the end those numbers in the article are from all the playoff teams combined. All those good teams have guards getting broken down and bigs bailing them out.

It isn't so strange though. The bigs are between the offensive guard and the basket. Presumably the bigs get beaten a lot too but it just leads to wide open layups.
tisbee
Starter
And1: 0

Post#43 » by tisbee » Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:33 am

Re Nene.
As a Rockets fan we went thru a trade deadline debate about trading for him.(Spinning wheels as Denver had no intention of trading him,and Nene apparently freakin loves Denver.) After taking a close look and listening to what Rockets were saying about him...
Nene's an offensive C,not a defensive one. His shot-blocking is pretty poor and his rebounding isn't that great.
At the trade deadline his per 36 rebounds were lower than our 6'6"(cough,cough) Center,Chuck Hayes,and Chuck was blocking shots at the same rate. Needless to say Nene was outscoring him at a pretty good clip.
At the time,mid Feb,Nene was @ #40 in blocked shots.(For an insane comparison Shane Battier was @ #24/25.)
Bluntly,if you're looking for a defensive C,Nene is not it. Want a big who runs court,scores inside,pretty decent passer,that's Nene.
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,635

Post#44 » by Coxy » Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:42 am

I've always seen Nene as more of a scoring PF rather than a center. The Nuggs just never had a center worth a damn after Dikembe left, and they couldn't play Kenyon there.
GSForever
Banned User
And1: 10

Post#45 » by GSForever » Wed Apr 20, 2011 4:18 pm

There is always 1 player each year that has a breakout season. I think of Nene also as a scoring PF not the defensive C we need. I think it would be a big mistake to throw big $$$ for his services.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,006

Post#46 » by FNQ » Wed Apr 20, 2011 4:37 pm

Id love to get Nene just to see how fast people turn on him after building him up to be some sort of star.

The unrealistic expectations never cease to amaze.
hamncheese
Assistant Coach
And1: 849

Post#47 » by hamncheese » Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:01 pm

Coxy wrote:I've always seen Nene as more of a scoring PF rather than a center. The Nuggs just never had a center worth a damn after Dikembe left, and they couldn't play Kenyon there.

Camby was pretty good for them. But Camby, Martin, and Nene were never really healthy at the same time, else that would've been a solid front court rotation.
Bob Myers, June 7, 2018: "“It’s not in my job description to please NBA fans. It’s to win, end of story. I don’t need to be entertained, I just need to win. That’s all it is. That’s all I was hired to do. Win.”
turk3d
RealGM
And1: 1,277

Post#48 » by turk3d » Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:02 pm

I'll have to go along with you on that one FNQ (not that I want to, :) ). I guess that's what happens when your fan base is Center starved. Even guys like Amundson and Turiaf look good.
Draymond Green: Exemplifies Warrior Leadership, Hustle, Desire, Versatility, Toughness, fearlessness, Grit, Heart,Team Spirit, Sacrifice
Coxy
RealGM

Post#49 » by Coxy » Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:11 pm

Center has been this teams curse.

For a franchise that once trotted out Wilt Chamberlain, and Nate Thurmond, the center position has been virtually empty for almost 3 decades. We haven't had 1 that I would say even stamped themselves as the starter for an extended period of time, and when you run through the names of guys we've tried at the position, it makes you dry reach.

I'd trade anything on this team to make a run at a semi-available guy like Bogut, who is coming off a down season after that horrid elbow dislocation. He's just had surgery to remove particles from his elbow again, so now would be somewhat of a buy low situation for us. Bogut + Lee in the front court, at worst = super smart front court, without being uber athletic. Udoh would compliment them well.

Biedrins/Monta/Amundson for Bogut/Salmons. Get it the F done Myers.
Twinkie defense
RealGM
And1: 1,074

Post#50 » by Twinkie defense » Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:45 pm

Bogut would be awesome. I would love to trade Monta for him and pick up another guard in the draft.
oaktownwarriors87
RealGM

Post#51 » by oaktownwarriors87 » Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:53 pm

FireNellieQuick wrote:Id love to get Nene just to see how fast people turn on him after building him up to be some sort of star.

The unrealistic expectations never cease to amaze.

LOL, I believe it. This reminds me of the conversation I had with sleepy about the crippling effect of David Lees contract. Had we saved cap space to over pay Nene everyone would just complain about his defense, rebounding and huge contract. Why suck for a year just so we can hear the same complaints?

I personally don't see him as a savior. He's an average rebounded and defender who has some offense. He would help the team take a step forward, just like David Lee, but he himself wont elevate them to an elite status. He's not the perfect fit, but he could turn out to be the best available option. Take it if you have the chance.

Nene makes this team respectable, not great... that's stil a good thing.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,006

Post#52 » by FNQ » Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:18 am

Make no mistake I'd add Nene if we got the chance, because he's a solid big man and those, no matter the price, will always be in demand. Just more of a social commentary as most expect every draft pick and every signing to be a one of a kind savior. Or a new owner. Or a new president. Or a new GM. Or a new coach. Or a new trainer.

Its the same old refrain... "if we saved money and got _______, we'd be great instead of sh*t right now".. its nice and safe, and most importantly, unproveable.
floppymoose
Senior Mod - Warriors
Senior Mod - Warriors
And1: 15,719

Post#53 » by floppymoose » Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:22 am

I think we still miss the playoffs if we add Nene. But we would be better.
Amazing Curry
Starter
And1: 65

Post#54 » by Amazing Curry » Thu Apr 21, 2011 2:31 am

Even if Nene gets us into playoffs, it won't be far.
BROWN
RealGM
And1: 74

Post#55 » by BROWN » Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:15 am

Why not DeAndre! Forget Nene! PAY JORDAN!
Coxy
RealGM

Post#56 » by Coxy » Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:22 am

It'll have to be sign and trade, and it'll cost us.
Quazza
Head Coach
And1: 1,727

Post#57 » by Quazza » Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:25 am

Id prefer Jordan but the Clippers will match. Yuung, huge and atletic. Oh and more importantly, Blake Griffins best friend
KevinMcreynolds wrote:BIG DICK BOB DOIN WORK

KGdaBom wrote:You can go back and read every post I made. Never said one bad thing about one person until Coxy came up with his Vagiclean comment
oaktownwarriors87
RealGM

Post#58 » by oaktownwarriors87 » Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:54 am

The Warriors are a .500 team without Nene, I'm sure actually have a guy that could score at the basket would improve the team.... 50 wins would be a possibility. Dumping Bell with the first rounder so they could get Nene would be a good start. Sign the second rounder and retain Thornton. Give Nene 5y/75 million and the Warriors could still be under the cap(but who knows where that will be).

C Nene/Biedrins
F Lee/Udoh/Amundson
F Wright/Thornton
G Ellis/2nd rounder
G Curry/Lin

Target cheap vets like Earl Watson, Francisco Elson, Jamario Moon etc.
Quazza
Head Coach
And1: 1,727

Post#59 » by Quazza » Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:41 am

oaktownwarriors87 wrote:The Warriors are a .500 team without Nene, .

when was this?
KevinMcreynolds wrote:BIG DICK BOB DOIN WORK

KGdaBom wrote:You can go back and read every post I made. Never said one bad thing about one person until Coxy came up with his Vagiclean comment
warriortone
Veteran
And1: 7

Post#60 » by warriortone » Thu Apr 21, 2011 6:00 pm

Nene is not a center. No go.

We need: 2 legitimate centers (ghost of Andris Biedrins doesn't count), a backup point, a taller defensive oriented 2 guard and a wing defender.

So we've got some work to do. What we don't need is another PF.
Sleepy51 wrote: a full blown groupthink brainfart

Return to Golden State Warriors