Conversation with Lacob

Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,006

Re: Conversation with Lacob 

Post#81 » by FNQ » Fri Apr 22, 2011 3:52 am

Depth is much easier to get then solid starters. You can draft depth, you can cheaply sign depth, especially if you have a good team going.

If we can add a starting caliber player at C, we do it. Screw the price. Screw the risk. We havent had one since keyboard neckties were cool.
BROWN
RealGM
And1: 74

Post#82 » by BROWN » Fri Apr 22, 2011 3:53 am

In the situation above, you're looking at Afflalo coming off the bench and seeing a lot less Wright at the 3 and a lot more of Afflalo there.

Don't give Smart tools he can work with to make us smaller.
oaktownwarriors87
RealGM
And1: 4,354

Post#83 » by oaktownwarriors87 » Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:18 am

Just for fun, don't get your panties in a bunch. Noah/Boozer vs Nene/Lee statistically

Code: Select all

JN/CB  NH/DL
PPG 29.2  31.1
RPG 20.0  17.4
APG  4.7   5.2
SPG  1.8   2.1
BPG  1.8   1.4
TO   4.4   4.1
FTA  8.0   9.1
FGA 22.7  22.1
MIN 64:40 66:36
cdubbz wrote:Donte DiVincenzo will outplay Poole this season.
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,661

Post#84 » by Coxy » Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:28 am

Those stats don't tell anybody anything.
Chris Porter's Hair
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors
And1: 3,564

Post#85 » by Chris Porter's Hair » Fri Apr 22, 2011 5:39 am

FireNellieQuick wrote:Depth is much easier to get then solid starters. You can draft depth, you can cheaply sign depth, especially if you have a good team going.

If we can add a starting caliber player at C, we do it. Screw the price. Screw the risk. We havent had one since keyboard neckties were cool.

I think I'm okay with this, as long as they don't think it is the last move we need, and as long as they don't try to convince us of that. One of the things I'm concluding is that we keep getting guys that play defense but no offense, or offense but no defense, and that makes it really hard to round out a team. I like Nene in that he's a more balanced player than we're used to, but if we start the move towards a more balanced team by adding offense at a more defense-oriented position rather than vice versa, it is going to sting a little until we finish balancing things out. Which probably means finding some way to replace one of the guards with someone who isn't as offensively capable, but is a better defender.

crzyyafrican makes the best sigs, quite frankly
cladden
Analyst
And1: 378

Post#86 » by cladden » Fri Apr 22, 2011 6:26 am

don nelson wrote:
GSForever wrote:You give Nene that big contract then you wont be able resign DWrong and Steph

+1. That is precisely why the idea of grossly overpaying a player just to get him on your team is not a sound strategy because that signing will severely hamper the team's ability to extend other players they want to keep and will end up literally being caught between a rock and a hard place trying to trade that grossly overpaid player when he does not wildly exceed expectations.

Literally? really?
cladden
Analyst
And1: 378

Post#87 » by cladden » Fri Apr 22, 2011 6:30 am

There's no way we're contending within the foreseeable future so I'd be fine with having a shot at making the playoffs. Anything that improves us as much as I think Nene would I'd be all over if the price is nothing more than capspace cripplage.
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#88 » by Mylie10 » Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:24 pm

and1GS wrote:Very true oak. But I see it from Floppy's POV...I don't see waht can push us over the hump after we have Nene/Lee as our frontcourt. Unless we somehow trade Lee and something while getting a major upgrade and fill out our bench with legit role players over the next couple seasons.

Easy..Kobe or LeBron....get-r-done Riley!!

Monta Curry Kobe Lee Nene......Hell even that might not win the damn title!
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
Mylie10
RealGM

Post#89 » by Mylie10 » Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:32 pm

FireNellieQuick wrote:Depth is much easier to get then solid starters. You can draft depth, you can cheaply sign depth, especially if you have a good team going.

To your point:

Lets say we were able to pry/ signed Afflalo away from Denver, and we signed Dalembert.

Then we draft a couple tough players.

1st round; Leonard/ Singleton/ Biyombo
2nd round; Liggins/ Benson/ Macklin/ Lighty

Without any trades we could look alot better depth wise.

Curry
Afflalo
Wright
Lee
Dalembert

Lin
Monta
Leonard
Udoh/Amundsen
Biedrins/ Benson

Then find us another D-league or undrafted PG.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,006

Post#90 » by FNQ » Fri Apr 22, 2011 5:59 pm

I think that is a playoff team
xRapHeadx
Lead Assistant
And1: 124

Post#91 » by xRapHeadx » Fri Apr 22, 2011 7:19 pm

Afflalo's defense is overrated.
Coxy wrote:Well, that is very true indeed. Weed and playstation is like peas and carrotts.
510TWSS
General Manager
And1: 2,863

Post#92 » by 510TWSS » Fri Apr 22, 2011 7:33 pm

Steph Curry's tattoo...now that's overrated.
Mylie10
RealGM

Post#93 » by Mylie10 » Sat Apr 23, 2011 2:08 am

FireNellieQuick wrote:I think that is a playoff team

The additions add toughness to our offensive minded guys already here. It would take a coach with clout beyond Keith Smart to convince monta that it's good for him to be 6th man. But i like the dynamic's of that team.
Khoee wrote “
oaktownwarriors87
RealGM
And1: 4,354

Post#94 » by oaktownwarriors87 » Sat Apr 23, 2011 2:22 am

Dalembert is better than Biedrins and he improves the team, so I have no problem with him. I still prefer Nene though. I prefer a defensive center over an offensive, but the rebounding/defensive difference isn't much in my mind.

Nene provides balance to the offense by scoring inside and getting to the line. If Nene isn't an option I have no problem turning to a cheap Dalembert.
cdubbz wrote:Donte DiVincenzo will outplay Poole this season.
TB
General Manager
And1: 1,147

Post#95 » by TB » Sat Apr 23, 2011 3:58 am

Dalembert is basically what Biedrins used to be. Very limited offensively with a slight ability to finish around the hoop via dunks/tips. Solid defensively, holding opposing centers to pedestrian eFG while out rebounding them and altering shots.

I want Goose (ya, hes goose again until he earns being called Dre) to take some roids, live in a gym, and start competing in MMA events. Dude needs to come into camp headbutting fools like Zaza with tats like Chris Anderson.
cellomac1212
Assistant Coach
And1: 53

Post#96 » by cellomac1212 » Sat Apr 23, 2011 7:20 am

FireNellieQuick wrote:I think that is a playoff team

We are already close to being a non contending playoff team, why push the issue to be a solidified non contending playoff team. 8th seed at best with no chance of winning.
cellomac1212
Assistant Coach
And1: 53

Post#97 » by cellomac1212 » Sat Apr 23, 2011 7:41 am

Reality: Warriors strengths= Offense
Fans Dreams: Warriors strengths= Defense

I got it!!! All we have to do is trade Steph, Lee, Williams, Thorton, Monta,and Wright, in a multi team trade for:

Dalembert
Kenyon Martin
Deng
Afflalo
Arroyo

As much D as this sounds like, we would get our asses lit up!!! You cannot make a predominantly offensive team defensive overnight. Basically, get it out your minds that we will contend for a playoff spot by trading key players for role players. Monta for Afflalo... Give me an Effin BREAK!!! If we traded all our defensive liabilities away, we would be the new Cavs.

The key to success: Build on what you currently have!!!

Warriors fans key to success: Trade it all away until you get lucky and stumble upon something good...

Haven't you guys noticed this has not worked for the past 20 years? I guess not as some of you guys are still proposing it.
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,661

Post#98 » by Coxy » Sat Apr 23, 2011 9:20 am

Arroyo is a defensive machine. The guy is the white, sth american, shorter version of Ben Wallace for sure.

Return to Golden State Warriors