Post#521 » by GoDubs » Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:19 pm

That's like Steph and Monta again...
bakesale
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,776

[MERGED] Klay Thompson 

Post#522 » by bakesale » Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:37 pm

Jester_ wrote:
Mylie10 wrote:When you factor in offense and defense, who's better?

In the West? There's a dude with a pretty big beard.

Lol Jester!!! He said you have to factor in defence too. Harden is the worst defender in the league!!
I just watched USA vs Puerto Rico, guys like klay, rose and even curry were playing hard on d. Meanwhile harden was being killed by huertas! Who's huertas you say? Lol exactly!

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums mobile app
bakesale
Lead Assistant

Re: [MERGED] Klay Thompson 

Post#523 » by bakesale » Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:46 pm

GSWhoopfan wrote:
Xplatformer wrote:
GSWhoopfan wrote:I'd rather pay Bledsoe $10-12M than Klay. I'd hate to trade within the division but I'd do it.

Disagree 100%. I like Bledsoe's game...not that much though.

Good thing the people that the people that like Klay (Kerr, West, Curry, GM) would probably tell you to leave the room for suggesting it. Best case scenario it's a lateral move.

I'm really getting the vibe that only the coaches that see Klay practice and play are the ones that think he's worth 12 million a year.

He gets in the lane and I always felt Steph is better off the ball which is saying a lot because he's ridiculous as a floor general. Steph has the flexibility of playing off the ball and initating offense.

It'd be a lateral move in terms of guard play comparing Klay and Bledsoe. But I think Steph would benefit more from a Bledsoe type player alongside him.

I honestly feel Steph can be the second best player in the league. His offense in my eyes has only been about 75/80% utilized correctly. Letting him play off the ball for about half the game can do that. I think he can still get 8 apg playing off the ball. Steph is a one in a generation type of player. We all witness it.

So we will have iggy, curry, Bledsoe and Livingston who are all ball handlers and minus 1 excellent shooter who made an astounding 221 3s at 42% last season? Nope no thanks!

I like Bledsoe but I don't think he fits.

GSWhoopfan
Head Coach
And1: 67

Post#524 » by GSWhoopfan » Sat Aug 23, 2014 11:50 pm

bakesale wrote:
GSWhoopfan wrote:
Xplatformer wrote:
Disagree 100%. I like Bledsoe's game...not that much though.

Good thing the people that the people that like Klay (Kerr, West, Curry, GM) would probably tell you to leave the room for suggesting it. Best case scenario it's a lateral move.

I'm really getting the vibe that only the coaches that see Klay practice and play are the ones that think he's worth 12 million a year.

He gets in the lane and I always felt Steph is better off the ball which is saying a lot because he's ridiculous as a floor general. Steph has the flexibility of playing off the ball and initating offense.

It'd be a lateral move in terms of guard play comparing Klay and Bledsoe. But I think Steph would benefit more from a Bledsoe type player alongside him.

I honestly feel Steph can be the second best player in the league. His offense in my eyes has only been about 75/80% utilized correctly. Letting him play off the ball for about half the game can do that. I think he can still get 8 apg playing off the ball. Steph is a one in a generation type of player. We all witness it.

So we will have iggy, curry, Bledsoe and Livingston who are all ball handlers and minus 1 excellent shooter who made an astounding 221 3s at 42% last season? Nope no thanks!

That's why I brought up the question before: a player who is excellent at one skill versus a well rounded player. I think Klay outside of his shooting is limited offensively. He cannot create for himself nor others. He can and has improved on his post up game. But I just feel he's extremely limited offensively and not aggressive enough.

Igoudala just isn't a very good ball handler. He's loose with the ball and dribbles the ball too high (and these issues have nothing to do with his injuries). Iguodala is more of a shooting presence than anything now offensively.

I like the Livingston pickup and I believe Steph will play his best with him on the court.

I look forward to the Steph, Klay, Livingston, Green and Lee lineup. I have a feeling that 5 man unit will be one of our better units.
Lets Go Baron Davis...i dont care what jersey you put on. Lets go.
Big Smooth is focused and ready to handle the centers of the league.
Curry and Ellis will be a top 5 back court this season. 6/25/2010
Black59Razor
Freshman
And1: 5

Post#525 » by Black59Razor » Sun Aug 24, 2014 12:41 am

Klay isn't taking a discount especially after beating out both Parsons and Hayward to make the national team. We gotta take out of the equation anything remotely close to thinking he's just enamored with being in GS that he'd leave $4-5 million behind. The same way he got told that his possible trading was "just business", so will be his reply when he asks for that $16-18 mill.
"You can miss me with that bullsht"
turk3d
RealGM
And1: 1,277

Post#526 » by turk3d » Sun Aug 24, 2014 4:28 am

Listen, if Klay doesn't take a discount it's because he's going to be worth it. Some of you guys seem to think him getting a max deal is automatic. No it is not. He's going to have to play his arse off next season to earn it. Look at Bledsoe and Monroe. Two young guys who have a lot going for them wanting max money and not getting it from their respective teams.

If he is worth what some of you think he's worth, then a S & T will be most likely (we'll have his rights next season) and there's going to be some significant assets coming back our way in that case so I'm not too worried. Let's see what he and this team does next season and then we can worry about what to do with our personnel if needed.
Draymond Green: Exemplifies Warrior Leadership, Hustle, Desire, Versatility, Toughness, fearlessness, Grit, Heart,Team Spirit, Sacrifice
bakesale
Lead Assistant

Post#527 » by bakesale » Sun Aug 24, 2014 12:33 pm

GSWhoopfan wrote:
bakesale wrote:
GSWhoopfan wrote:

That's why I brought up the question before: a player who is excellent at one skill versus a well rounded player. I think Klay outside of his shooting is limited offensively. He cannot create for himself nor others. He can and has improved on his post up game. But I just feel he's extremely limited offensively and not aggressive enough.

Igoudala just isn't a very good ball handler. He's loose with the ball and dribbles the ball too high (and these issues have nothing to do with his injuries). Iguodala is more of a shooting presence than anything now offensively.

I like the Livingston pickup and I believe Steph will play his best with him on the court.

I look forward to the Steph, Klay, Livingston, Green and Lee lineup. I have a feeling that 5 man unit will be one of our better units.

No one in the NBA gets close to scoring 20ppg in the NBA by being a 1 trick pony, otherwise Kyle Korver would be in the same conversation lol

Oh and Iggy has bad handles eh? Are you kidding me? It's one of his best assets. Did you not watch him play pg for long stretches to allow Curry to play off the ball? Did you not watch him when he played for Team USA to be an integral ball handler for the team?
He's a hell of a lot more famous for how good his handles are than his shooting ability. Wow!
Takingbaconback
Head Coach
And1: 2,582

Post#528 » by Takingbaconback » Sun Aug 24, 2014 3:11 pm

Can the GSW sign Klay Thompson to a cheaper extension before RFA hits? That's probably the only way they keep him without a max because someone will jump to offer him a max contract especially the sixers. Philly's got so much cap space to use and absolutely nothing at SG, they will be creepin.
a8bil
Analyst
And1: 1,674

Post#529 » by a8bil » Sun Aug 24, 2014 3:51 pm

bakesale wrote:
GSWhoopfan wrote:
bakesale wrote:

No one in the NBA gets close to scoring 20ppg in the NBA by being a 1 trick pony, otherwise Kyle Korver would be in the same conversation lol

Oh and Iggy has bad handles eh? Are you kidding me? It's one of his best assets. Did you not watch him play pg for long stretches to allow Curry to play off the ball? Did you not watch him when he played for Team USA to be an integral ball handler for the team?
He's a hell of a lot more famous for how good his handles are than his shooting ability. Wow!

But....but....this is realgm....as long as a poster says it, it must be true. The frustration of some of these threads is that some posters assert positions with so much confidence and frankly little of what they say is true.
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#530 » by Mylie10 » Sun Aug 24, 2014 4:36 pm

bakesale wrote:
Jester_ wrote:
Mylie10 wrote:When you factor in offense and defense, who's better?

In the West? There's a dude with a pretty big beard.

Lol Jester!!! He said you have to factor in defence too. Harden is the worst defender in the league!!
I just watched USA vs Puerto Rico, guys like klay, rose and even curry were playing hard on d. Meanwhile harden was being killed by huertas! Who's huertas you say? Lol exactly!

To be clear......when I wrote that line it was early in last season and Klay had a phenomenal start before having a prolonged slump. But at the time of writing that, Klay was on fire.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
Mylie10
RealGM

Post#531 » by Mylie10 » Sun Aug 24, 2014 4:40 pm

Takingbaconback wrote:Can the GSW sign Klay Thompson to a cheaper extension before RFA hits? That's probably the only way they keep him without a max because someone will jump to offer him a max contract especially the sixers. Philly's got so much cap space to use and absolutely nothing at SG, they will be creepin.

That's what they will try and do....sign him early.....that's been their recent mo. Not sure if Klay will be up for that though.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
turk3d
RealGM

Post#532 » by turk3d » Sun Aug 24, 2014 4:55 pm

Mylie10 wrote:
Takingbaconback wrote:Can the GSW sign Klay Thompson to a cheaper extension before RFA hits? That's probably the only way they keep him without a max because someone will jump to offer him a max contract especially the sixers. Philly's got so much cap space to use and absolutely nothing at SG, they will be creepin.

That's what they will try and do....sign him early.....that's been their recent mo. Not sure if Klay will be up for that though.

He should be. Otherwise I could see him being moved at some point during the regular season, while his value is at it's peak. If he's not willing to sign for a reasonable amount, he's risking his future deal (due to potential injury or having a bad season). If he does sign, he gets a guarantee in addition to a huge jump in salary next season. It stands to reason that if he wants to play here, that he'll be willing to work things out. If he turns into a superstar next season (which I question), then that would certainly change things.
Draymond Green: Exemplifies Warrior Leadership, Hustle, Desire, Versatility, Toughness, fearlessness, Grit, Heart,Team Spirit, Sacrifice
Mylie10
RealGM

Post#533 » by Mylie10 » Sun Aug 24, 2014 5:07 pm

I think if push comes to shove, the Warriors pony up.....if they didn't trade him for Love I really doubt they'll just deal him midseason.

Also think dealing him midseason would be a bad idea if they want to make noise in the playoffs.

They will just match offers if he isn't signed to an extension early.

The real issue will be when Currys deal is up.....you can't have Klay making more than Curry for long.
Khoee wrote “
old rem
RealGM
And1: 1,080

Post#534 » by old rem » Mon Aug 25, 2014 12:35 am

Black59Razor wrote:Klay isn't taking a discount especially after beating out both Parsons and Hayward to make the national team. We gotta take out of the equation anything remotely close to thinking he's just enamored with being in GS that he'd leave $4-5 million behind. The same way he got told that his possible trading was "just business", so will be his reply when he asks for that $16-18 mill.

Anyone can get traded.

I ain't sure that off a rookie deal.. Klay CAN be paid $16-18 mill... That's more than this team has paid ANYONE...and is more than I see any guy getting as a second contract.

Why bitch? We fuss that Klay is GOOD and teams want him? If that's our worst worry.. That ain't bad.
CENSORED... No comment.
Frank Mulely
Head Coach
And1: 649

Post#535 » by Frank Mulely » Mon Aug 25, 2014 12:44 am

Klay is GOAT material. We are witness to an all-timer here folks. Really dodged a bullet not trading for that Love fella. :banghead:
Shv3d wrote:
Frank Mulely wrote:Honestly if this was the 80s

The official motto of RealGM.
old rem
RealGM
And1: 1,080

Post#536 » by old rem » Mon Aug 25, 2014 2:43 am

Of course Klay is no GOAT superstar..but I' d be fine with All Star.
CENSORED... No comment.
Flash Falcon X
General Manager
And1: 4,706

Post#537 » by Flash Falcon X » Mon Aug 25, 2014 3:06 am

You guys overreact too much. Seriously.

I'm upset we didn't get Love, but even without Love, the Warriors are a WCF team if healthy.

GSW took the Clippers to 7 games without Bogut the entire series and with Jermaine O'Neal barely playing in the last game due to a hyperextended knee.

If healthy the Warriors are a highly underrated team, especially now that they have a decent back up point guard to help keep the continuity going when some of the starters rest.
#DubNation
Frozzy
Starter
And1: 2,020

Post#538 » by Frozzy » Mon Aug 25, 2014 3:17 am

old rem wrote:Of course Klay is no GOAT superstar..but I' d be fine with All Star.

I don't see him being All Star ever over all the guards of the West. Although he is a very good role player.
turk3d
RealGM

Post#539 » by turk3d » Mon Aug 25, 2014 4:15 am

Mylie10 wrote:I think if push comes to shove, the Warriors pony up.....if they didn't trade him for Love I really doubt they'll just deal him midseason.

Also think dealing him midseason would be a bad idea if they want to make noise in the playoffs.

They will just match offers if he isn't signed to an extension early.

The real issue will be when Currys deal is up.....you can't have Klay making more than Curry for long.

If they deal him, it will be for a good player or two, and or decent picks. No, they're not dumping him (they can let him walk if that was their intent).

I don't see them doing it to get worse, it would to be to get a piece that would strengthen them for a playoff run and I only expect they'd do it if Klay is having an off year. Or if he's having an off year and his trade value declines, they can offer him a lesser (under max) deal and if he doesn't take it, then exercise their Q) and see who else bids.
Takingbaconback
Head Coach
And1: 2,582

Post#540 » by Takingbaconback » Mon Aug 25, 2014 4:23 am

At least you guys still have Curry for 3yrs/33mil left. With the salary cap increase, it seems like they could pay Thompson the max especially seeing how most of the roster is going to be replaced in the future.

Return to Golden State Warriors